Most unappreciated Canes

No one mentions him because he didn't do anything in the league. Still, had a great year, Heisman finalist, 1st round draft pick knowing he'd have to sit a year. Very impressive.

When you say unappreciated I think of players like Quad Hill, Mo Sikes, ect.
That’s my two guys , both were really good players. Quad won games , big time player.

Kelly Jennings is another one.

Advertisement
Andrew Williams!

Jaoquin Gonzalez RT on the greatest college football team EVER

Hardly EVER mentioned ......but he was the heart and soul of our last great OL....and was extremely smart too

We desperately need someone like him now

He was like Ed Reed to the OLinemen.....I remember he would have the OL out there practicing together all summer long, running, lifting.

They were a powerful, never quit, totally dedicated, cohesive unit that never failed on 3rd and short ......and Dorsey could eat sandwiches back there with their pass protection

Yeah I recall that OL. Dorsey could’ve taken a vaca to Aruba and back and still have time to dance around a bit before throwing. Man, if we can get this year’s version to play 60-70% like that OL did we’ll be killing it on Saturdays

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Najeh Davenport
Dexter Ziegler
Donnel Bennett
Colin McCarthy
Roscoe Parrish

Najeh is a great choice. Before his knee injury he was destined for greatness. Instead he took a role as a spot player while James Jackson and Clinton Portis assumed the lead. Some people forget how good Najeh was. Big and fast at 6’2, 240. Excellent receiver out of the backfield.

He had some great moments in his short NFL career. Unfortunately he was injury prone, or maybe just unlucky.

Najeh is a great choice. Before his knee injury he was destined for greatness. Instead he took a role as a spot player while James Jackson and Clinton Portis assumed the lead. Some people forget how good Najeh was. Big and fast at 6’2, 240. Excellent receiver out of the backfield.

He had some great moments in his short NFL career. Unfortunately he was injury prone, or maybe just unlucky.
I'll take heat for it...but Davenport was the Best of the Bunch pre Injury....

Advertisement
WRs Andre Brown and Dale Dawkins. They made a lot of plays for Steve Walsh and Craig Erickson.

They’re not as talented as Irvin, Moss, Dre, or Wayne, but both could play.
Andre Brown was clutch. He was my favorite WR his senior year.
In addition to pretty much all the other names mentioned, I would add:

• Kevin Beard (overshadowed by the highly talented Andre Johnson)
  • Ethnic Sands (overshadowed by the highly talented Andre Johnson)
  • N. Davenport (overshadowed by Gore, Portis, Willis)
  • J. Payton (was a solid contributor but I think we all expected more given who his father was)
  • R. Marley (the human missile laid the wood but rarely gets the props he deserves)
  • W. Joseph (made a ton of plays for us & was drafted high but rarely gets mentioned due to all of the stud DTs we've had over the years)
  • Allen Hurns (very productive but unspectacular player for us who went on to prove his talent in the NFL)
  • Jon Beason (went on to a very solid NFL career)
There are so many who were really good for us but just don't get the accolades regularly because they are compared to so many NFL HOFers and Pro Bowlers.

Tremain Mack, a baller in every sense of the word. He was electric returning kicks and a playmaker.

Also Rusty Medearis before his injury was lights out. Dude was the truth!

Kevin Williams was a bullet. Dude had rockets on his feet. Great return man.

Last but not least, Scott Covington. That last year under Butch and company, kid put it all together. Especially in the 2nd half of the season. Wish that we could have had him and Edge for 1 more season.

Also Carlos Huerta. The kid was money in the bank. All day, every day.

I’ll never forget his game winner against Michigan in 1988. We left a crowd of over 100,000 stunned. Scored 15 points in the last 5+ minutes of the game to win it. Huerta had ice blood in his veins.

Advertisement
Back