Most unappreciated Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Geoff Toretta, had the most passing yards in the last scheduled game in 86 (I think over 500) when Vinny got hurt in a motor scooter accident and to this day wish JJ had substituted him in for Vinny in the Fiesta Bowl. If I ever meet JJ that will be my first question, from people I've met they say JJ and Stevens did not want Vinny to check out of run plays but he kept doing it and throwing int's. If they had given the ball to Highsmith on every play they would've crushed PSU.

Advertisement
I think Geoff Toretta, had the most passing yards in a game when Vinny got hurt in a motor scooter accident and to this day wish JJ had substituted him in for Vinny in the Fiesta Bowl. If I ever meet JJ that will be my first question, from people I've met they say JJ and Stevens did not want Vinny to check out of run plays but he kept doing it and throwing int's. If they had given the ball to Highsmith on every play they would've crushed PSU.
Marino did the same thing to JJ with the Fins...

Jaoquin Gonzalez RT on the greatest college football team EVER

Hardly EVER mentioned ......but he was the heart and soul of our last great OL....and was extremely smart too

We desperately need someone like him now

He was like Ed Reed to the OLinemen.....I remember he would have the OL out there practicing together all summer long, running, lifting.

They were a powerful, never quit, totally dedicated, cohesive unit that never failed on 3rd and short ......and Dorsey could eat sandwiches back there with their pass protection

Just thought of someone that wasn't actually a Hurricane Alex Rodriquez. Was recruited for football and baseball but signed with the Mariners out of High School. Has been loyal to the Canes and contributed so much the baseball field has his name. Also the Rock backed up Jerome Brown and was second string but has been a big influence for the U.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bubba Franks. How a former first round pick, who was an All-American, never gets mentioned is beyond me. I think he just got overshadowed by Shockey and then KWII, but he never gets his due.
I think it also had to do with all the Sanction crap...any other yrs he'd be revered alot more. Tough times for alot of players.

Brad Kaaya

Holds a bunch of records but some of us still have to defend why he started over Ryan Williams towards the end of the season.

Malik Rosier broke most of his records which shows how irrelevant they were in the first place. Rosier is more deserving of at least an honobale mention in this subject over Kaaya.

Advertisement
Back