Most unappreciated Canes

Advertisement
No he didn't.

Kaaya is the All-time leader in passing yards in school history, 2nd all-time in Passing yards in a single season, 2nd all-time in career passing TD's, 3rd all-time single season passing TD's & 3rd all-time in career TD's.

The only record Rosier broke was Most yards from scrimmage in a single season, which was previously held by Stephen Morris & Bernie Kosar.

**** was still trash

Richard Mercier and Ty Wise. Those two were the two that started the great lines at Miami in the late 90s, early 00s. Unreal work ethic. Mercier might have been the best pulling guard I have ever seen at UM. Dude was a mauler.

Spot on. You definitely beat me to Ty Wise. Mercier is a great one too. He still comes to a lot of games. Will always stop by our tailgate for a shot or 4.

While we're talking white guys I'd also submit Matt Walters.

Advertisement
Start watching at the 2:31:45 mark of the video. Announcers spend the entire TV timeout saying, "watch out for Tremain Mack." WVU didn't listen.

Advertisement
Just thought of someone that wasn't actually a Hurricane Alex Rodriquez. Was recruited for football and baseball but signed with the Mariners out of High School. Has been loyal to the Canes and contributed so much the baseball field has his name. Also the Rock backed up Jerome Brown and was second string but has been a big influence for the U.
Rock did not back up Jerome Brown. He entered school in 1990. Jerome finished in '86.

He backed up Sapp.

You should be flogged by a mod. Do this several times, you should be temporarily band.

Davenport was better than all of them..pre injury...His size and Speed was ridiculous...As far as McGahee the best RB at UM ever...Im not completely sold on that...Top 2-3??...Absolutely...better than Edge?? or OJ??....Mannnnn...I don't know...OJ played on some Horrific teams...If OJ would've played on some later UM teams 81-87...He would've been an AA....
Or Chuck Foreman....underutilized at UM, wasted him at flanker. Just watched some NFL highlights. His dazzling gliding and spinning moves were non-pareil.

Advertisement
Or Chuck Foreman....underutilized at UM, wasted him at flanker. Just watched some NFL highlights. His dazzling gliding and spinning moves were non-pareil.
@TheMatador ...Its hard to talk to todays youth about UM FB prior to the 80s...You'd think I'd know better....OJ Anderson would have been a 1st team AA on some Cane teams in the 80s...

@TheMatador ...Its hard to talk to todays youth about UM FB prior to the 80s...You'd think I'd know better....OJ Anderson would have been a 1st team AA on some Cane teams in the 80s...
That's why I keep doing it.

Not only are young people miseducated, it's much worse away from sports.

Unfortunately I never saw OJ play.(Our OJ).

In the '70's, UM football went dark. I lived up north or in California. I don't know if there was a single national UM telecast in that era. I recently saw a few highlights of OJ Anderson and he was awesome.

That's why I knew nothing of Taylor Timmons in the '70's. I had seen his name on lists of players. I remembered Racy Timmons, a defensive back at UM who tied for the most interceptions nationally in about 1960. Not related, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Start watching at the 2:31:45 mark of the video. Announcers spend the entire TV timeout saying, "watch out for Tremain Mack." WVU didn't listen.

I'm probably in that somewhere haha. Worst experience ever leaving a game. That place was in utter disbelief, and the jubilee we had exacerbated those hillbillies to maximum triggered. Got ugly and not kidding I almost killed someone that day. Kids off limits, don't play that ****. Most memorable game ever.

He comes around...he's a very shy person...
As far as throwing the NC game...I don't know...he had plenty of opportunities to throw the 85 & 86 OU games, and riddled OUs All World secondary...His scramble and subsequent TD to Irvin literally Won him the Heisman...If anyone is to be blamed for the 86 Loss to Penn St it's JJ....He's said it himself...In all my yrs watching UM FB...Ive never saw anyone throw a FB like Testeverde...I'm talking frozen ropes from anywhere on the field...

Vinny has physical gifts few QBs ever had. Even though I was a Tampa Bay fan I was disappointed he went #1 to the Bucs. I knew Ray Perkins was a joke HC (and OC, QB coach, and GM - he wanted all the hats). Even then, VT played 21 years in the NFL.

FYI - I worked closely with Vinny’s wife’s sister the past few years. Heard a few good stories.

Advertisement
Back