Most memorable UM play of last 20 years!

Advertisement
IMO... There are so many but below are the ones that for some reason just stick out to me (I didn't even include Reed's TD against BC...too easy)

3) 2012 Miami vs Ga tech
Mike James TD in overtime
Ga tech fans giving me **** as I started the "It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!" as we walked out!
2) 2004 Peach Bowl against Gayturds
Blocked fg that Hester returned for a TD!
1) Sean Taylor against FSU in 2003
His 2nd pick returned for a TD on a rain soaked field! Just an overall amazing game from ST!
Kellen Winslow game extending and saving catch up the middle as he stretched out in 2004 I believe . Dorsey to Shockey in the end zone 2000 UM/FSU game.

Sean Taylor was a monsta in that FSU game!!

The one that sticks out to me was the UCLA game in 98. The Edge single handedly crashed the Bruins NC hopes that year! 299 yrs in 39 carries from Edgerrin James, Miami 49, #3 UCLA 45.

Only time i ever made it on the OB field.

Advertisement
Would have been a better thread if it was best plays since the Fiesta Bowl.

For some reason, Bandys TD return against ND was first thing I thought of.

But the Return vs Duke was big

Kelly too Brodsky for an 80yd TD in 81 against #1 Penn St, while running past entire Penn St Bench, was, and is the programs true, and defining play...Nobody realized the importance of the play at the time...but it was the play that made America take notice about UM...

Advertisement
IMO... There are so many but below are the ones that for some reason just stick out to me (I didn't even include Reed's TD against BC...too easy)

3) 2012 Miami vs Ga tech
Mike James TD in overtime
Ga tech fans giving me **** as I started the "It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!" as we walked out!
2) 2004 Peach Bowl against Gayturds
Blocked fg that Hester returned for a TD!
1) Sean Taylor against FSU in 2003
His 2nd pick returned for a TD on a rain soaked field! Just an overall amazing game from ST!

Malik to Langham.

Although memorable for a bad reason the deflected pass for a TD from Frank Reich in the Miami vs Maryland game where they had the massive comeback. I can still see that play, we should have picked it and likely would have held on to win. I was crushed.

Advertisement
Although memorable for a bad reason the deflected pass for a TD from Frank Reich in the Miami vs Maryland game where they had the massive comeback. I can still see that play, we should have picked it and likely would have held on to win. I was crushed.

Please don't go down this road.

Next thing you know, everyone in here will be posting about where they were when the Flutie-Dootie happened.

Last edited:
Hester returning the opening kickoff against UF in the Orange Bowl.

There are way too many but here are a few (in no particular order):

Kenny Phillips INT against Clemson in death valley in 3OT to seal the win.
Bandy Pick 6 vs ND
2017&2018 comebacks against FSU
Andre Johnson 7 rec, 199 yards in the Rose Bowl blowout of Nebraska.
The Return vs Duke in 2015

Being from South Carolina I hadn’t gone to a Miami home game till a couple years ago(sat first row for the bandy pick six bc my brother is autistic and that is the handicap section at hard rock), but that Kenny Phillips pick in the third overtime after we did not convert the two point conversion was magical. That was Clemson’s QBs first interception of the year and that stadium broke noise records that day if I remember correctly.

I was 15 and I went to the game with 5 die hard Clemson fans and was able to find a Tyrone Moss jersey in one of the shoes stores in Charleston a couple days before the game. He scored what ended up being the game winning TD on a 25 yard run in third overtime. What a ride home that was.

Side note I had to look up how many yards that moss had in that game(3TDs 135 yards) but I had no clue he died. I don’t know how I missed this and I’m a terrible fan but RIP. I don’t know if I’ve ever had a more happy football moment then wearing his Green number 30 jersey being the only cane fan in a sea of orange with those corny *** Clemson fans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back