Most memorable UM play of last 20 years!

Advertisement
Shocked it hasn't been mentioned yet, but in person Devin Hester returning the opening kickoff for a TD against the Turds was an unbelievable moment for me.

After an entire day of driking, **** talking and fights in the parking lot that stadium was ready to blow. And it did when the whole stadium saw Devin break into the clear and knew he was gonna house it.

Devin Hester is just ridiculous. Among all the amazing returns...3 stand out to me. This one against UF, the one where he made Duke defender's look silly, and the opening kickoff of Superbowl 41, being the first and only player to ever return the opening kick. That is just insane. Dude had the opportunity of a life time... Announcers spent 10-20 minutes hyping up Hester to be some sort of nonequivalent player at returning kicks, and while they're chatting him up and putting him on a pedestal, with all the "opening kick of the Superbowl energy and hype", he goes cements himself into legendary status. That Superbowl Kick return is my (personal) most legendary moment in all of sports, and the epitome of "Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games". The 1 play hitter in the biggest game of the biggest stage.

Devin Hester is just ridiculous. Among all the amazing returns...3 stand out to me. This one against UF, the one where he made Duke defender's look silly, and the opening kickoff of Superbowl 41, being the first and only player to ever return the opening kick. That is just insane. Dude had the opportunity of a life time... Announcers spent 10-20 minutes hyping up Hester to be some sort of nonequivalent player at returning kicks, and while they're chatting him up and putting him on a pedestal, with all the "opening kick of the Superbowl energy and hype", he goes cements himself into legendary status. That Superbowl Kick return is my (personal) most legendary moment in all of sports, and the epitome of "Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games". The 1 play hitter in the biggest game of the biggest stage.
Just checking facts, as I am wont to do... I can't believe Fulton Walker passed at age 58. Gone too soon. Sad ending too.

From wiki...

Walker was born and lived in Martinsburg, West Virginia, where he was the victim of a violent break-in at his home in August 2013. One of the men involved in the crime, during which Walker was beaten and assaulted, was sentenced to 18 years in prison.

Walker died in Martinsburg on October 12, 2016.

Advertisement
It definitely was at the OB.
Even years are in Miami, so yeah.
We are clearly talking about two different moments when Shockey caught a touchdown against FSU in which he spread his arms afterwards. As I mentioned in my first post, I was sitting in the same end zone in Tallahassee, Fl during the catch that I am referring too. I shared the video in post #27 of this thread. The video is also below. The catch takes place at the 5:05 mark.

If
1 - Najeh wheel route against FSU 2000
2 - Bandy interception against ND
3 - Vilma taking the life out of the entire Nebraska team when he blew up the receiver in the Rose Bowl
4 - Everything Sean Taylor did in the 2003 FSU game
Najeh almost cost us the game with a fumble...and Wienke then hit Bell with a TD pass with 2mins to go...The Vilma hits were against the RB and TE...The hit on the TE should've been ruled a fumble...

Advertisement
Evan Shirreffs coming in vs Pitt 2017... @Ecush told me he was going to be very good because his brother once started at UCONN..

Evan Shirrefs only attempted 2 passes in that game. He was never even remotely given a real chance at UM in actual games.

Didn't want to create another thread but I was thinking all-time memorable plays.

1) Kenny Calhoun/Nebraska '84
2) Walsh to Irvin/FSU '87
3} Reed/BC '01
4) 4th and 43/ ND '89

Last edited:
Easy. Sebastian's 15-yard penalty for being on the field after Davenport's game sealing touchdown in 2001 Sugar Bowl. Most underrated play anyways.

Advertisement
Shocked it hasn't been mentioned yet, but in person Devin Hester returning the opening kickoff for a TD against the Turds was an unbelievable moment for me.

After an entire day of driking, **** talking and fights in the parking lot that stadium was ready to blow. And it did when the whole stadium saw Devin break into the clear and knew he was gonna house it.

I have posted about this probably like 3 times before but that was the loudest I ever I witnessed at the OB and I went to basically all the games there. It was a national TV game...at Night...in the famed OB vs the gator.
Devin Hester makes his statement....get ready because that is the start of the greatest returner ever.
Epic...

Advertisement
I guess these are just my favorite plays and at the moment they happened I lost my mind...

1) Sean Spence (True Freshman Sean Spence) slammed/sacked Tim Tebow in the '08 UF game

2) Jacory Harris hit Travis Benjamin on that corner route at Doak in 2009 w/ 2 minutes left in the 4th Quarter down 3. I think I was hoarse for at least a week.

3) In 2010, Clemson scheduled us for their Homecoming game and Leonard Hankerson went up there and made several plays and ended up with over 100 yards and 3 tugs.

4) Ahmmon caught the hitch and took it for 50 against WVU in the Russell Athletic Bowl in 2016.

5) Romeo Finley pick 6 against UNC last year, kid looked like a Clydesdale and he was flying.

I was only 6 at the time and wasn’t there, but **** I wish I could’ve been at the OB to experience it. I’m going with Devin Hester’s opening return against the Gators in 2003. It really did seem like he shot out of a cannon on that play and the crowd went bonkers. Also I love the broadcast call of it too it will forever be engrained in my head lol

Advertisement
Back