Most important recruit in this class

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
Jeff Thomas

I know Pete says its Donaldson cause it's always won in the trenches.....but, Miami's never had the best in the trenches. We have however had the best playmakers and Thomas is the most explosive player I've seen in a minute. I don't think we've had that sick of a nasty change the game type impact player since Hester.

I know it's not a given we get em or that he even qualifies, but I'm lighting velitas.

Advertisement
A slot receiver -- even an elite one -- has a ceiling on his ability to manufacture wins. That ceiling is below QBs, some DE/DTs, LBs and yes, OL.

I love Thomas but he might -- might -- be in the top 5 most important players in this class.

Duke Johnson was a game changer when he was healthy, I can only imagine if he had more talent and a better defense around him.

Also, miamis offensive and defensive lines were nasty in 2001.

A slot receiver -- even an elite one -- has a ceiling on his ability to manufacture wins. That ceiling is below QBs, some DE/DTs, LBs and yes, OL.

I love Thomas but he might -- might -- be in the top 5 most important players in this class.

Devin Hester won us more games than any lineman or QB he played with and I have a feeling Richt will be more creative about getting the ball in his hands than Coker was with Hester

Advertisement
[TWEET]817511169116217344[/TWEET]

Agree. If not the most important, for sure in the top five. Would go a long way to masking any first year quarterback deficiencies.

It's not a stretch to say Jeff Thomas may be more explosive than duke.

Advertisement
Really giving no credit to the Olines of the past. Maybe they weren't loaded with NFL draft picks but they were plenty dominant.

Also Nick Saban and his 5 rings say hello.

Jeff Thomas

I know Pete says its Donaldson cause it's always won in the trenches.....but, Miami's never had the best in the trenches. We have however had the best playmakers and Thomas is the most explosive player I've seen in a minute. I don't think we've had that sick of a nasty change the game type impact player since Hester.
t
I know it's not a given we get em or that he even qualifies, but I'm lighting velitas.
I disagree with this line. Ken Dorsey had the best protection a QB can get when we had arguably the best college team of all times. Our DL also was one of the best in the country. Yes we had playmakers all over the field, but you can't say we didn't have the best in the trenches.

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas

t
I disagree with this line. Ken Dorsey had the best protection a QB can get when we had arguably the best college team of all times. Our DL also was one of the best in the country. Yes we had playmakers all over the field, but you can't say we didn't have the best in the trenches.
Yep I believe we didn't give up a sack all year in 2001

Miami WAS Miami because of its OL and DL play. Look at our Qbs in the past. They are littered with mediocre talent that looked great because of the they were given. The argument could be made Thomas is the most important recruit left on the board, but he aint the most important overall. ...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Championship teams are built in the trenches. Everything else is icying on the cake.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back