Morris

Over 3,300 yards with 21 Tds and 7 picks. That's a **** good year.

It was a good year. Take away the drops and he had an even better year (obviously, yes, I know). I think he can be even better next year, and will likely be better if (when) we have a better defense since there won't be as much pressure on the offense to be perfect and put up 40+ as the only way to win.

You can't say "take away the drops" unless you include the several dropped interceptions he nearly threw.

Advertisement
I'm not as enthusiastic. Not big on Morris: too inconsistent (especially mid-distance throwing over the middle, and also in front of safeties), no feel for the pocket, goes real cold too often. I really wish we had another option at QB, but i don't see that happening. Hopefully he figures out some stuff and brings it next year.

Morris should be a lot better next year. He's a smart kid and he knows what he needs to work on. I don't like Fisch as OC (unless he reverts back to 2011 form) but I do think he is a good QB coach so ehe'll help Morris make the right corrections. Running the ball and effectively using play-action would help Morris be more consistent as well.

Last edited:
Seven interceptions in 421 attempts. Lowest INT percentage since Dorsey's sophomore year. And most of those INTs weren't bad decisions, just bad throws.

Which brings us to the accuracy issue. Morris needs to get his completion percentage over sixty if he wants to go from good to great. Now that he has the benefit of a full off-season, I'd love to see him do something like the Manning Passing Academy.

Last edited:
Kid isn't perfect but name the last QB to put up better numbers than he did here. Stop hating and give him credit where it is due. If our previous QBs finished seasons with those type of numbers we would have won a lot more games.

Advertisement
Seven interceptions in 421 attempts. Lowest INT percentage since Dorsey's sophomore year. And most of those INTs weren't bad decisions, just bad throws.

Which brings us to the accuracy issue. Morris needs to get his completion percentage over sixty if he wants to go from good to great. Now that he has the benefit of a full off-season, I'd love to see him do something like the Manning Passing Academy.

All about the accuracy for him going forward, especially on routes <15 yards

Advertisement
Back