More speculation from Dukes twitter

I would take this kid in a heartbeat. We have a strong enough coaching staff in place where they aren't going to let a prima donna come in and ruin the progress they are making in remaking the program.

Advertisement
I dunno, I think some people are just overrating the kids talent. The kid was definitely a little flaky during his recruitment and being PJs brother doesnt help with some fans but that has nothing to do with why I dont really want him.

We dont need another WR IMO. If he was elite then ok but I dont see it with him. I would rather use that scholly on what could be a ridiculous 2013 class.

But it does possibly allow us to play a guy like Herb Waters at S, which is a huge area of need.

I dunno, I think some people are just overrating the kids talent. The kid was definitely a little flaky during his recruitment and being PJs brother doesnt help with some fans but that has nothing to do with why I dont really want him.

We dont need another WR IMO. If he was elite then ok but I dont see it with him. I would rather use that scholly on what could be a ridiculous 2013 class.

But it does possibly allow us to play a guy like Herb Waters at S, which is a huge area of need.

We could do that anyway, dont you think? Just saying instead of another WR I would rather see us use the scholly for another top flight safety, TE, DT in 2013.

I guess it boils down to how much people like AJ. I was just more pointing out that my opinion has 0% to do with attitude or his brother.

Advertisement
Advertisement

We could do that anyway, dont you think? Just saying instead of another WR I would rather see us use the scholly for another top flight safety, TE, DT in 2013.

I guess it boils down to how much people like AJ. I was just more pointing out that my opinion has 0% to do with attitude or his brother.

I agree with you to an extent, especially about Waters starting out at S. If the coaches are high enough on Johnson to take him, and he's willing to wait until December, I feel likes it a move you make.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Time to fire Brennan Carroll and get Duke on the payroll.

Who says he isn't?

2.gif

I've seen Waters camp with my own eyes and IMHO (which isn't worth much) he's a WR all the way.

Where did all this S conjecture come from? I'd be very surprised.

I've seen Waters camp with my own eyes and IMHO (which isn't worth much) he's a WR all the way.

Where did all this S conjecture come from? I'd be very surprised.

In his highlight tape he did play some DB and looked pretty good. I think most the talk comes from projections.

Advertisement
Back