More SFE 7 ON 7 highlights

Advertisement
Coley is way more athletic than Wayne IMO.

I agree but i mean the route running and just being polished as a receiver. Other then Reggie it's hard to get another name in my mind but he is more elusive and faster then Reggie its just hard to compare Coley with others
I was actually thinking the same thing. I wanted to say another former Cane he reminded him of, but I really couldn't think of anyone else.

I like Coley right now but by the time Lane graduates I got a feeling he will take over that spot for me. He has already changed a lot physically so I'm ready to see how he puts that to use.

Lane is more of a vertical receiver than Coley. Long speed and the size/coordination to high point over DBs.

Coley is much quicker in and out of breaks.

Coley actually looks like he could be a MONSTER in the slot with his ability to create seperation in a hurry and run after the catch. I know he isn't 5'9" so I will probably get told I am an idiot but he seems like a much better slot guy than Dorsett, who has been more of a downfield guy.

Advertisement
Coley actually looks like he could be a MONSTER in the slot with his ability to create seperation in a hurry and run after the catch. I know he isn't 5'9" so I will probably get told I am an idiot but he seems like a much better slot guy than Dorsett, who has been more of a downfield guy.

I'm right with you. I've never liked Dorsett in the slot. He's more Titus Young than Ryan Broyles.

I'm right with you. I've never liked Dorsett in the slot. He's more Titus Young than Ryan Broyles.

Desean Jackson to me

Desean Jackson to me

Whoa. DSJ got some serious short area quickness and acceleration. Phil seems to take a little while to get started which is why he isn't a dynamic punt returner. I also think that Phil is undoubtedly tougher and smarter than DSJ. DeSean got a terrible history of alligator arms, undisciplined route running and offering up pretty much zilch in the run game, where as Dorsett is a really good blocker for his size.

Different players.

Desean Jackson to me

Whoa. DSJ got some serious short area quickness and acceleration. Phil seems to take a little while to get started which is why he isn't a dynamic punt returner. I also think that Phil is undoubtedly tougher and smarter than DSJ. DeSean got a terrible history of alligator arms, undisciplined route running and offering up pretty much zilch in the run game, where as Dorsett is a really good blocker for his size.

Different players.

I mean as a deep threat because Boyles is to me similr to a slot receiver and Young may just b a situational deep threat because with the Lions i didnt see much more

Advertisement
Coley says he models his game after Mike Wallace and it shows. Sounds crazy but I think Coley can be better then Wallace too

How can you go wrong? Coley regularly beat pretty much every top CB in Florida with his quickness. Lane can jump over them like Hankerson and Streeter. We want both... And we need to keep Rudolph home, as well. We'll have the best WR corp in the nation in a couple of years, to go along with the best RBs and TEs, provided we can keep our So FL talent home.

This wideout depth chart would look pretty amazing to me in a couple of years:

WR1

Lane
Lockhart

WR2

Lewis
Waters

WR3

Coley
Rudolph

WR1

Lane
Lockhart

WR2

Lewis
Waters

WR3

Coley
Rudolph

That would be the most disgusting WRs ever lol (Not including J Carter, D Jones, who I think will have an impact at some point)

Advertisement

WR1

Lane
Lockhart

WR2

Lewis
Waters

WR3

Coley
Rudolph

That would be the most disgusting WRs ever lol (Not including J Carter, D Jones, who I think will have an impact at some point)

Almost put the same disclaimer. If this class goes well (and there is no reason it shouldn't) we are going to have some ridiculous talent.

Lane is just on another level.. I was also impressed with the slot reciever for the Express with the green U school hat on, Sam Bruce. He was quick and made all the catches.. and oh yeah hes class of 2016(will be sophomore next year)

Advertisement

WR1

Lane
Lockhart

WR2

Lewis
Waters

WR3

Coley
Rudolph

Almost put the same disclaimer. If this class goes well (and there is no reason it shouldn't) we are going to have some ridiculous talent.

Imagine Dorsett staying 1 more year with this squad oh my lord

I don't think Lane or Coley remind me of any former Canes. Lane definitely isn't Andre Johnson. LOL. Lane will not be 6'3 230 with 4.4 speed. I am thinking if you want comparisons..Lane reminds me of Dwayne Bowe but alot better vertically. And Coley is Chad Johnson before he got crazy on us. Lane is a nightmare to guard one of one. Interested to see how much weight he can gain and if he will lose speed. Coley is a smooth operator. Does not need to gain much. Get him to 190lbs and let him go.

Great problem to have. Hope Lane can see the potential of this offense and will want to stay home. We gotta keep Mario the traitor out of Homestead. I am sure Saban has him lodged in an Extended Stay hotel for half the year making sure he delivers on Lane. I think ALA is our only real comp with him. Like FSU was with Coley.

I don't think Lane or Coley remind me of any former Canes. Lane definitely isn't Andre Johnson. LOL. Lane will not be 6'3 230 with 4.4 speed. I am thinking if you want comparisons..Lane reminds me of Dwayne Bowe but alot better vertically. And Coley is Chad Johnson before he got crazy on us. Lane is a nightmare to guard one of one. Interested to see how much weight he can gain and if he will lose speed. Coley is a smooth operator. Does not need to gain much. Get him to 190lbs and let him go.

Great problem to have. Hope Lane can see the potential of this offense and will want to stay home. We gotta keep Mario the traitor out of Homestead. I am sure Saban has him lodged in an Extended Stay hotel for half the year making sure he delivers on Lane. I think ALA is our only real comp with him. Like FSU was with Coley.
During his recruitment I was trying to figure out who I would compare Coley to and the guy I kept coming up with was Chad Johnson. Was going to say it in this thread but thought people would say I was crazy. Two things that stand out to me is the way Coley gets of the line and his body control.

Advertisement
Back