More portaling — Nigel Bethel

It allows kids to legally talk with coaches and have coaches contact them. Before the portal coaches couldn’t reach out. It makes a huge difference. It is a huge enticing factor to make kids transfer that would not have considered it before.
It’s the way college football should be in this landscape. Who doesn’t make questionable decisions as an 18 year old kid? Why should any of our sons have to stay at a place they thought would make them a 1st round pick if it’s clear they chose wrong after a year or two?
Entire coaching staffs are changing faster than a college career. The portal should be respected.
The portal is just a large megaphone for players who are trying to transfer to announce their intentions. The rules for transfers are still exactly the same.

Advertisement
The question now is who else are we after at CB this cycle? Rumph needs to get another stud caliber CB to go along with Branch. He's got two projects at CB with Hodges and Clarke.

It isnt facts tho. They wanted bethel since the summer of his senior year. They liked what he did at a camp. People built this narrative he was taken because of misses. But they wanted him before they even missed on surtain and campbell.
I think if they gotten Campbell or Surtain they would of been ok with Bethel going to UF. Thats my opinion though and Im sure theres alot of posters who agree

Advertisement
Funny, when they come they're the greatest, when they bail not so much

For the record, I never thought he was a Miami caliber player. But my assumptions didn't matter much, because that notion took care of itself. What I am curious about, though, is bailing on your team when playing a team sport. Bruh has all offseason to bounce. Plus, this is a sport that requires competition, like any other brethren. You gotta earn your spot. Plus, he was one injury away from being on that field.

For the record, I never thought he was a Miami caliber player. But my assumptions didn't matter much, because that notion took care of itself. What I am curious about, though, is bailing on your team when playing a team sport. Bruh has all offseason to bounce. Plus, this is a sport that requires competition, like any other brethren. You gotta earn your spot. Plus, he was one injury away from being on that field.
Don't know ask Tate Martell, Bubba Bolden, Chigozie Norukia, and Trevon Hill.

Advertisement
Rosters will never be at 85 with kids quitting at any given moment when their feelings are hurt.
Rosters will never be at 85 at Miami, I agree. This should also happen at other schools with the portal correct? Or do we fall into the in state education cost discussion so state schools will be fine.

Advertisement
Funny, when they come they're the greatest, when they bail not so much

Good to hear your opinion. I’m sure gaytor nation was sorry to see the band of misfits, serial killers, rapists, racists and felons that comprise the bulk of your history sorry to go.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Remember all the porsters talking about how he was a "So Fla DAWG" and we need to stack "3 star Miami Dawgs that really want to be here, like him, in order to be back". Wow how the narrative has changed now that he has left.

He was a beast at wr, I never got the recruiting him at cb. The only reason we took him was striking out with other cb. I heard multiple cb interviewed mention him as the toughest stick in sfla. He’ll go kill at wr , watch.

Attachments

• Jw8XQV1_d.jpg
    Jw8XQV1_d.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 29
Advertisement
Back