More portaling — Nigel Bethel

The transfer portal will remaining an enticing option for every 3rd stringer at every major school. Which means every year coaches will have to replace some of the bottom people on the roster. This is reality and it’s not worth calling the young man names or demeaning him. He’s trying to get on the field and was likely passed up by some of the freshman and wants a better chance to play somewhere else.
Frankly, look at it as a good sign because when a program is good enough that Nigel Bethel and Derrick Smith can’t start or get meaningful playing time, then the program has increased the overall quality of players.

Advertisement
I remember running track in 9th grade and 1 kid won 5 events as a freshman, and that’s because you were only allowed to do 5.
I realized at that moment that I would never run faster or jump higher than that dude ... but I can out business his *** to death.
It was time to hit the books.

Know thyself and “To thine own self be true," says Polonius in Hamlet by William Shakespeare

Welp, thanks for everything. Light up the'Vacancy' sign for #tnm savages
:img-0076c:

Advertisement
No cap, not worried about any of these transfers.

Bethel had no biz getting a scholly, like fa real fa real. He was a last minute addition b/c we whiffed on PS2 & TC. He was def a plan C, no shade, all 💯

He has speed, but what good is speed if he can’t utilize it? The reason he can’t utilize it is b/c he has no techniques. He could’ve got some burn as ST, but b/c he was feeling himself (as seen by his “my recruitment is back open.”) shows his lack of self awareness. Be humble & grateful u got a P5 offer from this prestigious school.

See u in the G5

Also, you guys blaming the portal realize that players have always had the ability to transfer. It's not like they were locked into one school for eternity before the portal came out. The portal just saves time and paperwork. It's just a place for kids who are looking to transfer to put their name out. Instead of contacting schools and coaches individually , one at a time, a kid can say "I'm transferring" to anybody who may be interested.
It allows kids to legally talk with coaches and have coaches contact them. Before the portal coaches couldn’t reach out. It makes a huge difference. It is a huge enticing factor to make kids transfer that would not have considered it before.
It’s the way college football should be in this landscape. Who doesn’t make questionable decisions as an 18 year old kid? Why should any of our sons have to stay at a place they thought would make them a 1st round pick if it’s clear they chose wrong after a year or two?
Entire coaching staffs are changing faster than a college career. The portal should be respected.

Something or someone is getting to these kids or their respective inner circles..

There’s a gotta be some “back channeling” aka recruiting going on.

I’m curious to where these transfers like Smith and Bethel end up?

Seems like the street agents are starting to find another avenue to stay on kids even already in active in programs...

Just another thing for college coaches to deal with

JC

His nickname was literally “doo-doo” probably due to him getting smoked all the time. Dude was prob 6th on the depth chart.

Soo long doodoo

Advertisement
(“@jmcanes22 is one stupid mutha****a” he thought to himself as he made no attempt to decipher a visual fart”)
It's almost 10 pm bro. Finish your wine cooler or zima and go to bed. I meant you are a front runner with that comment. Go ahead.... it's ok. you are the guy that like's Alabama when Miami isn't playing. Or you cheer for the Steeler's when the Patriots are not playing. You went out and bought $300 sneakers and can't hit the back board. STFU

Advertisement
We got him cause we missed on bigger fish so he was never going to pan out here this is what happens when u go after plan z's

Something tells me that Bethel prefers to play WR...and will likely transfer to a UCF, USF, FAU type school to play the slot.

Advertisement
He was a take because of Manny and Rumph’s failures at that position.

From what I gather he’s just fast, not much of a ball player.
facts, these rarely work out but we arent allowed to say it while its happening its only ok now cause he entered the portal, but if we say this as he signs we arent fans those are the CIS manga rules

facts, these rarely work out but we arent allowed to say it while its happening its only ok now cause he entered the portal, but if we say this as he signs we arent fans those are the CIS manga rules
It isnt facts tho. They wanted bethel since the summer of his senior year. They liked what he did at a camp. People built this narrative he was taken because of misses. But they wanted him before they even missed on surtain and campbell.

Advertisement
Back