More players raving about Perry

Advertisement
Another mention of how impressed everyone is with his dual threat ability.... but hey according to some on here, he's not a dual threat qb bc he didnt have a lot of yards rushing in high school last season?? lol **** is hilarious

I know it's just the summer and its hard to get a true idea of how good he will be based on "player ran" 7on7's. However, it's something to be said when his peers seem to be completely already bought in, giving the fact that he hasn't even been on campus for 2 months yet. Several players have now referenced how Perry is making db's and lb's look flat out silly at times.

N'Kosi Perry our qb day one the writing is on the wall. Players have been impressed with his arm strength and deep ball accuracy so much its like they havent seen that in a long time... Kaayas deep ball accuracy was terrible so im sure thats why Perrys throwing ability stands out so much already.

I know it's just the summer and its hard to get a true idea of how good he will be based on "player ran" 7on7's. However, it's something to be said when his peers seem to be completely already bought in, giving the fact that he hasn't even been on campus for 2 months yet. Several players have now referenced how Perry is making db's and lb's look flat out silly at times.

Writing is on the wall... Perry has that IT factor we havent had at the qb position since Dorsey and the team is already galvanizing around him bc of it.

Advertisement

Writing is on the wall... Perry has that IT factor we havent had at the qb position since Dorsey and the team is already galvanizing around him bc of it.

You're right. There wasn't one teammate praising Brad Kaaya the summer before his freshman season. Denzel Perryman never said he was impressed because he hadn't been able to rattle him.

Oh look there is a whole article about it after he was named the starter.

Absolutely glowing reviews:

Cornerback Tracy Howard said he thought Kaaya’s pocket presence helped win him the job over senior transfer Jake Heaps. Earlier in camp, linebacker Denzel Perryman said there was nothing he or his teammates could do in practice to rattle Kaaya.

“He has great footwork in the pocket,” Howard said. “He has a natural feel, does a great job stepping up and avoiding defenders in the pocket. He makes great decisions. You can’t beat a guy who makes great decisions. Instead of forcing it and throwing an interception, he’ll throw it away. And he moves the sticks.

We all know Brad had little to no feel under actual pressure.

Running back Duke Johnson said Kaaya has done a good job taking command of the huddle. “If you didn’t know Brad, you wouldn’t know that he’s a freshman,” Johnson said. “He comes in, he demands … he lets everybody know what’s the play, what he needs done.”

Miami Hurricanes defensive players praise new starting QB Brad Kaaya | Miami Herald

Considering what you think of Kaaya, maybe teammates praising a QB doesn't mean all that much. Or are those guys really off after fall camp and the 2017 guys are dead on before camp even starts?

Last edited:

You're right. There wasn't one teammate praising Brad Kaaya the summer before his freshman season. Denzel Perryman never said he was impressed because he hadn't been able to rattle him.

Cornerback Tracy Howard said he thought Kaaya’s pocket presence helped win him the job over senior transfer Jake Heaps. Earlier in camp, linebacker Denzel Perryman said there was nothing he or his teammates could do in practice to rattle Kaaya.

“He has great footwork in the pocket,” Howard said. “He has a natural feel, does a great job stepping up and avoiding defenders in the pocket. He makes great decisions. You can’t beat a guy who makes great decisions. Instead of forcing it and throwing an interception, he’ll throw it away. And he moves the sticks.

Running back Duke Johnson said Kaaya has done a good job taking command of the huddle. “If you didn’t know Brad, you wouldn’t know that he’s a freshman,” Johnson said. “He comes in, he demands … he lets everybody know what’s the play, what he needs done.”

Miami Hurricanes defensive players praise new starting QB Brad Kaaya | Miami Herald

Considering what you think of Kaaya, maybe teammates praising a QB doesn't mean all that much. Or are those guys really off after fall camp and the 2017 guys are dead on before camp even starts?

You do realize that Kaaya led the ACC in TD passes and had the highest QB rating his freshman year, right? That QB class included a former heisman winner/#1 draft pick. You probably would like to use a different reference. Just saying!!

You do realize that Kaaya led the ACC in TD passes and had the highest QB rating his freshman year, right? That QB class included a former heisman winner/#1 draft pick. You probably would like to use a different reference. Just saying!!

Nah. Consider who I'm to talking first. Can't stand Kaaya and is running his mouth about offseason quotes as if no QB has ever been praised by his teammates and then went on to be not so good. I imagine if the kids were asked questions about Shirreffs and Rosier as often as they are about Perry they'd be lathering them up too.

As far as Kaaya's number, those were built on crappy teams and first half performances against Power 5 teams. Go look at how many points that 2014 team scored after half and in 4th quarters.

Last edited:

Considering what you think of Kaaya, maybe his teammates praising a QB doesn't mean all that much. Or were those really off after fall camp and the 2017 guys are dead on before camp even starts?

Thats just a fake fluff piece, Kaayas poise and pocket presence in non contact situations are something that still tricks coaches til this day... Duke and Denzel didnt care for Kaaya as their qb and it was obvious during the season. Perry on a different level

Advertisement

Considering what you think of Kaaya, maybe his teammates praising a QB doesn't mean all that much. Or were those really off after fall camp and the 2017 guys are dead on before camp even starts?

Thats just a fake fluff piece, Kaayas poise and pocket presence in non contact situations are something that still tricks coaches til this day... Duke and Denzel didnt care for Kaaya as their qb and it was obvious during the season. Perry on a different level

Thats what I thought you'd might say. Go find one article around the country where teammates aren't giving a QB in a competition a whole lot of love.

Here is one about former LSU now UNC QB Brandon Harris as a freshman.
LSU QB Brandon Harris' work ethic, confidence impresses teammates | NOLA.com

Sometimes, Brandon Harris only needs three seconds. The freshman quarterback has exuded confidence to his teammates since stepping onto campus in the spring, and it's that confidence in his ability that has earned him the respect of his veteran teammates.

"When he walks into the huddle and it's a pass play, he'll tell us, 'Just give me three seconds' and that fires me up," said senior offensive tackle La'el Collins. "'Cause I'm like, 'Dude I'll block for you for 10.' A guy like that that's going to do everything he can to get that ball moving with great confidence. He has everything that you want out of a quarterback."

And we know he sucks.

Type in the name of any crappy QB that has played and then follow it with "impresses teammates" and you'll find an article.

Not impressive to me

As far as Kaaya's number, those were built on crappy teams and first half performances against Power 5 teams. Go look at how many points that 2014 team scored after half and in 4th quarters.

When we win 10+ games this year, will you discredit 5-6 of them because they came against subpar teams?

Well we didn't win 10+ games that year. It was 6. So I'll discredit those numbers because they didn't translate to wins.

Advertisement

When we win 10+ games this year, will you discredit 5-6 of them because they came against subpar teams?

Well we didn't win 10+ games that year. It was 6. So I'll discredit those numbers because they didn't translate to wins.

The question at hand was about this year. Nevertheless, going back and forth about what Kaaya did or didn't do his freshman year is derailing the thread. I posted the article because of the excitement surrounding our future QB, not to debate pros and cons of our former QB.

121746853.jpg

Thats what I thought you'd might say. Go find one article around the country where teammates aren't giving a QB in a competition a whole lot of love.

Here is one about former LSU now UNC QB Brandon Harris as a freshman.
LSU QB Brandon Harris' work ethic, confidence impresses teammates | NOLA.com

Sometimes, Brandon Harris only needs three seconds. The freshman quarterback has exuded confidence to his teammates since stepping onto campus in the spring, and it's that confidence in his ability that has earned him the respect of his veteran teammates.

"When he walks into the huddle and it's a pass play, he'll tell us, 'Just give me three seconds' and that fires me up," said senior offensive tackle La'el Collins. "'Cause I'm like, 'Dude I'll block for you for 10.' A guy like that that's going to do everything he can to get that ball moving with great confidence. He has everything that you want out of a quarterback."

And we know he sucks.

Type in the name of any crappy QB that has played and then follow it with "impresses teammates" and you'll find an article.

We'll see how the team responds around Perry this season imo he already has better talent as a qb but his intangibles is what further separates him from Kaaya and will ultimately put this team over the top.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The question at hand was about this year. Nevertheless, going back and forth about what Kaaya did or didn't do his freshman year is derailing the thread. I posted the article because of the excitement surrounding our future QB, not to debate pros and cons of our former QB.

You asked if I would discredit numbers as if those numbers leading to 10+ wins are comparable to those numbers resulting in a 6-win season. There would be no reason to discredit QB numbers if the team won alot of games and the QB well played late in games. It was a silly question.

I wonder who the CB was that was juked. I remember when Duke did that to one of our LBs and the guy sprained his knee.

Despite the high praise (clearly well-deserved) for his practice performance, we won't truly know what we have in Perry until the pads are on and the red jersey comes off. But I think Richt won't go full contact in practice, which means we won't know for sure with Perry until September. Someone else will start, and Perry will get game reps which will keep going up until he either takes over or shows he's not ready yet.

Nah. Consider who I'm to talking first. Can't stand Kaaya and is running his mouth about offseason quotes as if no QB has ever been praised by his teammates and then went on to be not so good. I imagine if the kids were asked questions about Shirreffs and Rosier as often as they are about Perry they'd be lathering them up too.

Stop bashing Kaaya!!! smh

Advertisement
Back