More on Manny Diaz/Banda (Updated)

I was told today from a program source that Miami was willing to go to $1.5 million dollars per year to keep Diaz at UM, which would have made him the second highest-paid Coordinator in the ACC behind Brent Venables. Diaz simply wanted to take on the challenge of becoming a head coach and there wasn't much Miami could've done about it.

Update: Was also told that safeties coach Ephraim Banda will make a final decision on whether to join Diaz at Temple tonight and news could come as early as tomorrow morning.

And Patke? Thought he was like Banda to Diaz.

Advertisement
Thing is, S coach at Miami is a higher step than S coach at Temple. Manny might not be able to offer Banda the money he's making at Miami, while at Temple. The only way I see Banda going is if he's a DC, or holds some type of associate HC title.

Ehh, his choice is basically between having a job under Manny who he knows and trusts, or more-likely-than-not, being out of a job pretty shortly with Miami. Manny and Richt don't like each other. Banda is a Manny guy, not a Richt guy. Banda better take the job with Temple, if offered, or he could be back to tending bar by February.

Reading the tea ☕️ leaves it appears to me that there was no love lost between Diaz and Richtirement. Think about this for a second. When was the last time you heard either of them speak fondly of one another? I mean sure Richtirement has mentioned “his” defense being great, but how about Manny, it’s architect? And of course we have the **** storm that was this season, where Diaz has publicly lambasted (with good reason) the offense and to a lesser degreee, the HC decision making.

How many of you losers watched Richt or Mannys press conference and tried to see how times they praised each other ?

Banda has Manny in the back pocket. If he really like Miami he can stay on until the DC is hired and see if he wants to stay or is retained.

Thing is, S coach at Miami is a higher step than S coach at Temple. Manny might not be able to offer Banda the money he's making at Miami, while at Temple. The only way I see Banda going is if he's a DC, or holds some type of associate HC title.
Agree, if I’m a coach I would Want to coach on and recruit on the highest level. You can do that at Miami but obviously not at temple

Advertisement
If you are going to bring in an very competent and elite DC he will want to bring in his own guys. You cant expect dictating to a competent DC he must make it work with Rumph, Patke and Banda. He wants his own people and rightfully so that fits his system.

I don’t understand the lovefest with Banda? People on here were calling him a washed up bartender a few months ago and now suddenly if Banda leaves we are toast?

Safety development has actually been solid while Banda was here. And his recruiting isn't too shabby. If he lands Stevenson somehow, then crown him.

Ehh, his choice is basically between having a job under Manny who he knows and trusts, or more-likely-than-not, being out of a job pretty shortly with Miami. Manny and Richt don't like each other. Banda is a Manny guy, not a Richt guy. Banda better take the job with Temple, if offered, or he could be back to tending bar by February.

More fake insiders :stephenahand:

Advertisement

I think Banda has done enough to warrant consideration for something outside of Manny's umbrella. I was pleasantly surprised at how well safety play has been for the last 3 years.

D'uh. Thanks bro. Welp, oh well, so much for that theory.

Like Franchise said, Banda would be crazy to stay. Frankly, I'm sure Richt would rather not have Diaz's guys sticking around.
Personally. I never seen the sense it made having 2 DB coaches. Especially 2 green ones. Rumph has grown and played both positions in the league.

Maybe now we can hire a real ST coach. So Hartley can focus on two things he is good at. Recruiting and TE coaching.

Fair again. But "elite" DCs and OCs get Power 5 job offers too. In our own division see Narduzzi at Pitt.
If you’re a coordinator who wants to be a HC, you never know when you’ll get that chance. Diaz isn’t 30 years old. His clock is ticking.

He could have turned down Temple, regressed big time next year (which I think was going to happen with the loss of Willis, his 2 vet Safeties, and probably Joe Jax and a couple others), and wound up immediately on the “this is the guy who got fired at Texas and regularly torched at MSU” list.

He struck while the iron was as hot as it was going to be. The guy never came close to fielding a defense this statistically good in his entire career.

Advertisement
Personally. I never seen the sense it made having 2 DB coaches. Especially 2 green ones. Rumph has grown and played both positions in the league.

Maybe now we can hire a real ST coach. So Hartley can focus on two things he is good at. Recruiting and TE coaching.

It doesn't make sense to have 2 DB coaches but it does make sense to have a "real" ST coach? list all the schools with a real ST coach

I mean, cant argue with this chain of events. School and Richt did their part, Manny did his.

Nail the hire and its all good. Its still Miami...

Is there any proof that “manny and richt don’t like each other” or you just spewing crap?

Advertisement

Diaz likely made bringing Banda with him a condition of taking the job here. He puts a lot on his Safeties, and he trained Banda for a couple years to know what he wanted.

So how much money do we have for a new OC?

07A012A8-A400-4085-8A59-746B178B5079.gif

If you’re a coordinator who wants to be a HC, you never know when you’ll get that chance. Diaz isn’t 30 years old. His clock is ticking.

He could have turned down Temple, regressed big time next year (which I think was going to happen with the loss of Willis, his 2 vet Safeties, and probably Joe Jax and a couple others), and wound up immediately on the “this is the guy who got fired at Texas and regularly torched at MSU” list.

He struck while the iron was as hot as it was going to be. The guy never came close to fielding a defense this statistically good in his entire career.

Makes sense and is fair but that's also almost establishing a narrative that Manny left here before he was exposed. IF that's the case then he's not going to eclipse the 7-1 conference record that Geoff Collins just put up at Temple and a Power 5 offer could be just a dream there too.

I can definitely see striking while the iron is hot but it does become a not so certain proposition when it obviously wasn't a drastic financial windfall in one direction.

Advertisement
Back