More info on Bryant de-commitment

I just think the NCAA hammers Miami, if they don't then sure

But I don't see them giving Miami a pass, the NCAA has had a hard on for Miami since the mid 80's

I agree Miami can climb up as quick if not quicker than anybody, but sanctions are the last thing Miami needs right now and if they are bad... well, yeah

We will see what happens, I was mostly laughing at that poster saying FSU is on the way down.... not that Miami is on the way up

By "hammers Miami" do you mean like they did in the 90's? We had a staffer organize federal fraud on an unprecedented level. The Uncle Luke scandal.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars in illegal pell grants and then hundreds of thousands of dollars in benefits and we were hammered........ONE year bowl ban and 31 scholarships.
That time it wasn't just a smoking gun but serious evidence. People went to jail.
That was also a time the NCAA really had a hard on for Miami.
Let's see what happens but the only time I've seen the NCAA give out more than a two year bowl ban is the PSU scandal and the SMU death penalty.
We've already paid our dues for this latest Shapiro issue. Multiple suspensions, and multiple bowl bans, and from the numbers of scholarship players last year and this year we might already have self imposed some scholarship reductions.
Even if we get a 2 year bowl ban which is a huge penalty and 30 scholarship reductions we've already served most of what they could give us and are moving forward.

There's not just light at the end of the tunnel, we are almost at the end of the tunnel.

I hope ur right Alex Collins I mean buddha.

Advertisement
I just think the NCAA hammers Miami, if they don't then sure

But I don't see them giving Miami a pass, the NCAA has had a hard on for Miami since the mid 80's

I agree Miami can climb up as quick if not quicker than anybody, but sanctions are the last thing Miami needs right now and if they are bad... well, yeah

We will see what happens, I was mostly laughing at that poster saying FSU is on the way down.... not that Miami is on the way up

By "hammers Miami" do you mean like they did in the 90's? We had a staffer organize federal fraud on an unprecedented level. The Uncle Luke scandal.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars in illegal pell grants and then hundreds of thousands of dollars in benefits and we were hammered........ONE year bowl ban and 31 scholarships.
That time it wasn't just a smoking gun but serious evidence. People went to jail.
That was also a time the NCAA really had a hard on for Miami.
Let's see what happens but the only time I've seen the NCAA give out more than a two year bowl ban is the PSU scandal and the SMU death penalty.
We've already paid our dues for this latest Shapiro issue. Multiple suspensions, and multiple bowl bans, and from the numbers of scholarship players last year and this year we might already have self imposed some scholarship reductions.
Even if we get a 2 year bowl ban which is a huge penalty and 30 scholarship reductions we've already served most of what they could give us and are moving forward.

There's not just light at the end of the tunnel, we are almost at the end of the tunnel.

I hope ur right Alex Collins I mean buddha.

I hope I'm right too. The NCAA obviously has a lot of evidence more then just Shapiro's allegations. If not then we wouldn't have self imposed anything.
We have already paid a very high price for our indiscretions. A huge price. 2 year bowl ban is generally a crippling penalty and we are serving it. Self imposing it is huge too. Also unprecedented. Shows that we admit guilt and are falling on our sword.
If the NCAA is logical and rational then the worst is behind us. Then again it is the NCAA.

Advertisement
Back