Mookie Cooper

I know some of u will consider this is blasphemy because Enos wanted him on staff, but Stubblefield isn't exactly known for his recruiting prowess. When fcking Utah beat writers complain about his inability to recruit, what'd u guys expect? Utah recruiting isn't exactly known for its high expectations.

I'm probably not alone in expecting that we'll end up with unknown, mid 3 stars, high effort guys, who remind Stubblefield of himself.

Don't be a star *****? This is a skill position at the University of Miami. Gtfoh with that ****. At no point should we be ok with searching for diamonds in the rough or settling for lower tier players at WR. Trust his evaluations? Based on what? He has had no recruiting success anywhere he's been. Trust him because Enos has faith in him? They worked together for LESS THAN A YEAR at Central Michigan before Stubblefield bounced for new Mexico.
Doesnt matter if he can recruit......all i read on this board is win and they will come.....so is that not true. Truth is why would any kid on the offensive side of the ball commit to Miami? They have no idea what offense we are running. They want to see it not have some coach explain it on paper.
Hopefully the O looks good(doesnt have to be great yet) and kids will start wanting to be here

Advertisement
Everybody sitting here acting like this kid was a slam dunk or something. You let an early random crystal ball fool you into thinking, he was about to commit. Kid has never set foot on campus. Only connection here is a vague one with JT4. Ppl talking about "us f**kin this up." If this kid was serious about Miami, he would have set up his visit by now. If he was so enamored with Miami like y'all believe, he would have commit by now. Nothing about
this situation ever screamed this was a lay up and all we had to do was show up.

Visits = gettin some coin.

That’s why we struggle to get kids to visit

Per Ivins recruiting report, it seems that the following WR are ahead of Mookie:

Xavier Henderson
Jalin Hyatt
Marcus Rosemy

Looks like we take one more. there's others in play, too. These guys seem to be at the top, though. Ivins mentioned that Cooper is probably looked on as a slot guy and now we have Fleming and Restrepo already committed there.

If you look at Fleming and Mookie thinking they're the same Receivers let's fire the WR coach now. Mookie is our Rondale Moore he's a player you put in the backfield a long with at WR on mismatches. I already said before this staff is going to mess up watch. I can guarantee you none of those kids above are coming to this School. STA isn't pipeline weren't getting any of their players this year
Bank on that. Henderson Brother? Laughable. VT committed? Rarely do they flip bruh. But ya'll with see. I'm down with this topic. Mookie is gone OSU funny they know to take his commit.

Interesting that he isn’t high enough in our board. Not sure we hold onto Robinson so who does that really leave us with.? How many we plan on taking this year3-4?
I think 3. I dont know for some reason I think we keep Robinson no info just thought if he would decommit it would have happened by now. Jaylon Hyatt and jahlil Douglas are higher up than cooper . I like Hyatt he is the only person I would let take coopers spot. Hyatt is just as fast and bigger than cooper.

Advertisement
Per Ivins recruiting report, it seems that the following WR are ahead of Mookie:

Xavier Henderson
Jalin Hyatt
Marcus Rosemy

Looks like we take one more. there's others in play, too. These guys seem to be at the top, though. Ivins mentioned that Cooper is probably looked on as a slot guy and now we have Fleming and Restrepo already committed there.
I really hope that isn't the case Rosemy is not coming and I wouldn't take him for his comments about us. Henderson is going to be tough to pull. Hyatt I can see because Virginia tech is a dumpster fire just have to put all hands on deck

I really hope the Bishop kid becomes are top priority. Great testing #s, and tape shows very good hands and pretty impressive route running for his age. And Mookie wise I think he is a much better fit in Ohio state's offenses than ours assuming theirs stays the same under Day. I would bet they don't use him as a conventional receiver and more of a Curtis Samuel, Percy Harvin type role which they have shown they can do. Enos's offenses at least in the past haven't really used those type of guys as feature players

Doesnt matter if he can recruit......all i read on this board is win and they will come.....so is that not true. Truth is why would any kid on the offensive side of the ball commit to Miami? They have no idea what offense we are running. They want to see it not have some coach explain it on paper.
Hopefully the O looks good(doesnt have to be great yet) and kids will start wanting to be here

So we can land a 4* QB and a 4* RB, but expecting the WR coach to win battles on the trail for 4* guys is expecting too much?

People put too much stock in “results on the field first.” You can either talk that game or you can’t. If you can’t, results on the field aren’t going to save you on the trail.

If you look at Fleming and Mookie thinking they're the same Receivers let's fire the WR coach now. Mookie is our Rondale Moore he's a player you put in the backfield a long with at WR on mismatches. I already said before this staff is going to mess up watch. I can guarantee you none of those kids above are coming to this School. STA isn't pipeline weren't getting any of their players this year
Bank on that. Henderson Brother? Laughable. VT committed? Rarely do they flip bruh. But ya'll with see. I'm down with this topic. Mookie is gone OSU funny they know to take his commit.

To be fair, to the extent that VT commits don’t flip, it’s largely because they aren’t being flooded with upper tier offers.

When they do, they decommit at a decent enough rate.

Advertisement
Facts, was look at Flemings highlights he is no Mook IMO

Advertisement
The scary thing about Stubb iss: not only did he have a rather poor reputation on the trail before he got here, but he had ZERO reputation as an instructor and teacher of receivers either.

Basically, all we could say after 10 plus years of him being a WR coach is he probably existed. Although even that was up for debate because his Twitter was private.

I like Mookie alot, but there is no reason to get him, Fleming, and Restrepo, unless it is a fact that Restrepo will play on the defensive side of the ball. We Have one more WR spot, and I think that spot should go to Either Rome odunze, Gary Bryant Jr, Kentron Poitier, or Jaylin Hyatt. Now Mookie as a RB I'm down for.

Rest has game in him , his eye hand coordination is a Devine gift and what very very rare Rest nurtures his gift respects it .
This is why he separates himself in the field of play Rest does very little thinking he knows it slows his game.

Thinking is the KILLER of highly elevated play players who think are tackled easier and always trailing the play .

Rest will be with us for a short time ENJOY the couple years he’s here then watch him on Sunday.

GOCANES

Advertisement
The scary thing about Stubb iss: not only did he have a rather poor reputation on the trail before he got here, but he had ZERO reputation as an instructor and teacher of receivers either.

Basically, all we could say after 10 plus years of him being a WR coach is he probably existed. Although even that was up for debate because his Twitter was private.
Thats a bad sign that MD hired him real bad sign for me IMO.

I get it but 2 of those guys Henderson and rosemy are long shots at best. Love their size though. I can see why Miami wouldn’t necessarily want 3 5’9/5’10 receivers in one class. You already got a dynamic slot receiver in Marcus Fleming who is one of the most explosive receivers in the country

But you lose jt4, Harley we’ll see what happens after this season with him. We have room for the smaller quick/speedsters

Advertisement
Back