Mookie Cooper

Advertisement
It’s not realistic to expect him to make paradise camp. I dont want to make assumptions but most kids in East St. Louis don’t have the resources to take unofficial visits across the country. Could be wrong but with Mookie it’s all about crushing the OV and staying in contact.
Really good point I didn’t consider. If he was closer or from some means, that would say more. That said, I’m going to look where he’s taken unofficials to. Anything close isn’t as telling.

Edit: I don’t see any visits anywhere, just one set up for June 21st to USC. Here’s his profile link:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because He is rated a 96 or because u see his film and it says "different level" to you? Be honest.
Because of his film and measurables. At 5’9, 193, and legit 4.4 speed, you have a slot receiver with a RBs body. Look at his yards after catch - kid is really good with the ball in his hands. Really good offer list as well I’m a big fan.

Advertisement
Because of his film and measurables. At 5’9, 193, and legit 4.4 speed, you have a slot receiver with a RBs body. Look at his yards after catch - kid is really good with the ball in his hands. Really good offer list as well I’m a big fan.
4.5 laser at 5'8. You have Jalin Hyatt running a 4.31 at 6'0 and Rome Odunze running a 4.5 at 6'3. Also Odunze runs a 4 flat shuttle which is elite. You have Restrepo who runs a 4.5 at the same height and Fleming who runs a 4.47 at 5'10 already in the slot. Taking cooper means youre taking 3 slot receivers with similar skill sets in 1 class with only one outside guy in Robinson (if he sticks) who runs a 4.7. I like Cooper, but he kinda seems like overkill. If we take another wr it should be an outside guy with good speed.

4.5 laser at 5'8. You have Jalin Hyatt running a 4.31 at 6'0 and Rome Odunze running a 4.5 at 6'3. Also Odunze runs a 4 flat shuttle which is elite. You have Restrepo who runs a 4.5 at the same height and Fleming who runs a 4.47 at 5'10 already in the slot. Taking cooper means youre taking 3 slot receivers with similar skill sets in 1 class with only one outside guy in Robinson (if he sticks) who runs a 4.7. I like Cooper, but he kinda seems like overkill. If we take another wr it should be an outside guy with good speed.
I wouldn’t take him over Hyatt or any WR we have committed - and I also like Restrepo alot based on his intangibles (leader, swag, Deerfield, etc.). I just like the kid better than Murphy, who I’m not all that impressed with, particularly if we whiff on the others you referenced. I’m not sure Mookie wasn’t a sub-4.5 tho.

I wouldn’t take him over Hyatt or any WR we have committed - and I also like Restrepo alot based on his intangibles (leader, swag, Deerfield, etc.). I just like the kid better than Murphy, who I’m not all that impressed with, particularly if we whiff on the others you referenced. I’m not sure Mookie wasn’t a sub-4.5 tho.
He ran a 4.49 laser. Thats his best time at any event

Advertisement
Wait who tf is this Odunze guy?? Based on those numbers, WANT.

Mookie Cooper just got a Crystal Ball to Ohio State. Just a look at Ohio State current WR commits is that they already has 2 WR’s committed and are likely getting Julian Fleming

Fleming Committed to OSU today.

Advertisement
Brian Hartline (yes that Brian Hartline) is now coaching WRs at OSU and has been **** good at it. Just went toe to toe with the best in the country and got Fleming. According to their site, all his focus is now on Cooper. We have to decide if we want him otherwise he will end up there almost by default.

Everybody sitting here acting like this kid was a slam dunk or something. You let an early random crystal ball fool you into thinking, he was about to commit. Kid has never set foot on campus. Only connection here is a vague one with JT4. Ppl talking about "us f**kin this up." If this kid was serious about Miami, he would have set up his visit by now. If he was so enamored with Miami like y'all believe, he would have commit by now. Nothing about this situation ever screamed this was a lay up and all we had to do was show up.

while I do agree with you , he isn't a slam dunk but idk if you remember we didn't start recruiting Jeff until January or was we on him before that? i think how JT does this season will determine if we get mookie or not.

Advertisement
Back