Mood

At this point, after 25 years of being fan, it genuinely can't be worth it. It's not fair on the people around me
I missed all but the last 5minutes of the game due to a wedding and was up all night Saturday night thinking about that idiotic ending. I have tried for the last several years to stop caring about this train wreck, last year was the first time in forever that I missed games and didn't care. I let this team drag me back in and I regret it.

Advertisement
Positive spin - we outgained GT 453-250. For comparison against the other 2 ranked teams they've played:

vs. Louisville in Atlanta - they outgained Louisville 488-474 (back and forth game, 39-34 Louisville win)
at Ole Miss - Ole Miss outgained them 550-474 (24-17 game midway through the 4th before Ole Miss goes off late and pulls away)

Bottom line: we didn't play as bad as it looked to the naked eye. We just vomited all ourselves in key spots and got absolutely shafted as usual with 4 ridiculous, game altering calls by the tobacco road mafia, I mean ACC refs. Oh and our coach went full ****** and didn't take a knee.
Defense played a great game. I dont know what the offense was doing all game, it seems they came out with idea they didnt need to run anything against them but up the middle and we could dominate them just doing that. First half we let them get comfortable, didnt really take a shot down field at all. A screen on like 4th and 4?! Mostly just screens and underneath throws with inside zone was game plan. We never varied the run game at all, I dont get it. I dont mind the runs, but switch it up, the contrast from them going lashlee dive every play and watching dolphins run game next day, ugh..

This game won’t tear the team apart.

I believe it will probably have the opposite affect. They won’t blame Mario, Dawson, Don, or TVD. They will blame the officiating.

Offenses tend to struggle in bad weather and we aren’t the first to lose a game as heavy favorites in sloppy conditions.

Those refs have woken up a sleeping giant. The team will see this game as being cheated and play the rest of the year with a BIG chip on their shoulder. Just watch. They were bonding before but now it truly is “Us against the World”.

This was the Norte Dame fumble on steroids. We will finish the year just as strongly as that team.

We will beat UNC by at least three touchdowns and finish the season very strongly.
It was not a fumble. The call on the field was Notre Dame got the ball on downs WITHOUT MEASURING FOR A FIRST DOWN.

It was 4th and 1 from the 3. The ball came free after Gary was called down at the 1. They gave Notre Dame the ball on downs at the 1. It should have been Miami 1st and goal from the 1. I still remember JJ frantically making the first down signal while the refs were allowing Notre Dame's offense to take the field, but the refs ignored him.

Defense played a great game. I dont know what the offense was doing all game, it seems they came out with idea they didnt need to run anything against them but up the middle and we could dominate them just doing that. First half we let them get comfortable, didnt really take a shot down field at all. A screen on like 4th and 4?! Mostly just screens and underneath throws with inside zone was game plan. We never varied the run game at all, I dont get it. I dont mind the runs, but switch it up, the contrast from them going lashlee dive every play and watching dolphins run game next day, ugh..
Completely agree, I was *****ing about it in the game thread all night. That’s why I was surprised to look it up and see we had 450 yards…we seemed disjointed all night.
We’re a good team and we can easily win this UNC game if we come to play. If the refs intervene again all bets are off tho lol.

Completely agree, I was *****ing about it in the game thread all night. That’s why I was surprised to look it up and see we had 450 yards…we seemed disjointed all night.
We’re a good team and we can easily win this UNC if we come to play. If the refs intervene again all bets are off tho lol.
Offense decided to play in a phone booth, in 2nd half when we threw deep in middle to Restrepo and Colbie, those were big plays.. We should have attacked them and put their defense on their heel from beginning.. Even after first 2 drives to begin game the offense seemed uninspired and was saying we need to go uptempo and open up the offense, we seemed to not respect GT or was too conservative trying to feel out their new DC. It seemed like we were scared of a terrible defense and let them dictate what we could do instead of putting pressure on them. We let them get comfortable and confident, started seeing Dline woofing at our oline, etc.

Running up middle and little hitches to Restrepo doesnt seem like recipe for much.. But Mario was determined to be methodical whatever that means, he wanted to impose whatever he thought.. smfh..

Advertisement
Offense decided to play in a phone booth, in 2nd half when we threw deep in middle to Restrepo and Colbie, those were big plays.. We should have attacked them and put their defense on their heel from beginning.. Even after first 2 drives to begin game the offense seemed uninspired and was saying we need to go uptempo and open up the offense, we seemed to not respect GT or was too conservative trying to feel out their new DC. It seemed like we were scared of a terrible defense and let them dictate what we could do instead of putting pressure on them. We let them get comfortable and confident, started seeing Dline woofing at our oline, etc.

Running up middle and little hitches to Restrepo doesnt seem like recipe for much.. But Mario was determined to be methodical whatever that means, he wanted to impose whatever he thought.. smfh..
Yup TVD is not Peyton Manning, the slow it down check with me offense gets him thinking too much and that’s where he doubts himself and struggles and looks lost. He’s a spread tempo rhythm qb. The offensive game plan was trash and we still put up a ton of yards.

I had to watch the game on my phone and don’t have detailed thoughts, but my wife isn’t talking to me this morning and my head hurts. This sucks.

We all expected Mario to blow a game because of gameday blunders. But it didn’t need to be a national humiliation.

The UNC game just became the most important game in years. There is a real risk that the team loses trust in Mario after a botch like that. A loss can send the season off the rails. A win gets us back on an upward trajectory.

Salute to all the maniacs who still care after a loss like that. We are the college football version of Job. Hopefully, it will all be worth it one day. See you on Saturday night.

“We all expected Mario to blow a game because of Gameday blunder”

LMAO. Maybe…. Just maybe… he wasn’t the right guy for the job

It was not a fumble. The call on the field was Notre Dame got the ball on downs WITHOUT MEASURING FOR A FIRST DOWN.

It was 4th and 1 from the 3. The ball came free after Gary was called down at the 1. They gave Notre Dame the ball on downs at the 1. It should have been Miami 1st and goal from the 1. I still remember JJ frantically making the first down signal while the refs were allowing Notre Dame's offense to take the field, but the refs ignored him.

Always wondered why JJ didn't call a TO... it was total confusion even for those watching the game.... similar to Colorado's 5 down victory during their championship run.

“We all expected Mario to blow a game because of Gameday blunder”

LMAO. Maybe…. Just maybe… he wasn’t the right guy for the job

Who was? Kiffin? He's finished ranked in the Top 25 twice in 11 seasons as a Head Coach. And he doesn't recruit. No chance. So who else should've gotten the job?

Advertisement
It's time for me to say goodbye to following the canes. It hurts as a alumni but my mental health just can't take it. I was up until 2 o clock last night upset. The wife is upset I disturbed her sleep. I stopped watching and following the Denver broncos and Yankees because of ineptitude and now the buck stops here. I will miss reading a lot of the comments but I just can't anymore.
See you next week bruh take care

Who was? Kiffin? He's finished ranked in the Top 25 twice in 11 seasons as a Head Coach. And he doesn't recruit. No chance. So who else should've gotten the job?
I think Kiffin would’ve been fine recruiting here. Regardless, I think his ceiling here would’ve been higher than Mario’s. But, his floor would’ve been lower. I’m at the point where I’ll take that over the “safer” coach. I don’t really care if the team goes 4-8 vs 9-3. I want to compete to championships

Doesn't recruit?

Want me to list where his classes have ranked?

Whats his record this season with a extremely tough schedule?

Whos his 1 loss to?

Lane did well recruiting at USC if I remember correctly and that was with sanctions from Carroll. hes been at FAU and OM really after that which neither are recruiting destinations unless you go Hugh freeze break the rules. if lane wins at a place that recruits itself, then he would bring in better classes.

Advertisement
Doesn't recruit?

Whos his 1 loss to?

You're a troll so list whatever you'd like, I don't give a **** and he's not ever going to coach here, so keep screaming into the forest.

our coaches would have worse records playing in the SEC West yearly.
If he can't recruit then he's a better coach than I've thought.

Dude has beaten Tulane and lsu already.

Look at this nugget.

Screenshot_20231009-135651_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Doesn't recruit?

Whos his 1 loss to?
2023 Ole Miss class: 17th 247, 17th composite, 3rd transfer portal
2022 Ole Miss class: 15th 247, 22nd composite, 2nd transfer portal
2021 Ole Miss class: 17th 247, 17th composite
2020 Ole Miss class: 33rd 247, 34th composite

2023 Ole Miss schedule:

Wins vs #24 Tulane (WITHOUT Pratt at QB), GT, #13 LSU, and Arkansas
Loss vs #13 Alabama.

Current SOS is #5. They have Auburn, A&M, UGA, and the egg bowl left. They could still appear in the SEC championship game but they have to run the table and hope Alabama loses two of A&M, LSU, Kentucky, Tennessee, or Auburn.

So, your comment about the schedule checks out. Ole Miss schedule is very, very difficult. But your comment about Lane's recruiting is completely false.

In 2022, Ole Miss was 8-5 (4-4) in conference with losses to unranked LSU, MISS ST, and Arkansas. They only beat one ranked team (#7) Kentucky
In 2021, Ole Miss was 10-3 (6-2 in conference) only two wins vs ranked teams (vs #13 Arkansas, #17 A&M)
In 2020, Ole Miss was 5-5 (4-5 in conference) the ONLY ranked win came against Indiana in the bowl game.

Kiffin's career record is 7-6 at TENN, 28-15 at USC, 26-13 at FAU, and 28-14 at Ole Miss.

Stop with the hype that Lane is a great college coach and recruiter because he's not.

2023 Ole Miss class: 17th 247, 17th composite, 3rd transfer portal
2022 Ole Miss class: 15th 247, 22nd composite, 2nd transfer portal
2021 Ole Miss class: 17th 247, 17th composite
2020 Ole Miss class: 33rd 247, 34th composite

2023 Ole Miss schedule:

Wins vs #24 Tulane (WITHOUT Pratt at QB), GT, #13 LSU, and Arkansas
Loss vs #13 Alabama.

Current SOS is #5. They have Auburn, A&M, UGA, and the egg bowl left. They could still appear in the SEC championship game but they have to run the table and hope Alabama loses two of A&M, LSU, Kentucky, Tennessee, or Auburn.

So, your comment about the schedule checks out. Ole Miss schedule is very, very difficult. But your comment about Lane's recruiting is completely false.

In 2022, Ole Miss was 8-5 (4-4) in conference with losses to unranked LSU, MISS ST, and Arkansas. They only beat one ranked team (#7) Kentucky
In 2021, Ole Miss was 10-3 (6-2 in conference) only two wins vs ranked teams (vs #13 Arkansas, #17 A&M)
In 2020, Ole Miss was 5-5 (4-5 in conference) the ONLY ranked win came against Indiana in the bowl game.

Kiffin's career record is 7-6 at TENN, 28-15 at USC, 26-13 at FAU, and 28-14 at Ole Miss.

Stop with the hype that Lane is a great college coach and recruiter because he's not.

Of course he's not. But you're responding to a troll, FYI.

Advertisement
Back