Mood

Miami's offense underperformed by 21 points to a team that lost to Bowling Green.

View attachment 260642

UNC is very likely going to prison rape our Canes on Saturday because the offense and the ACC referees.

There is no reasonable scenario where our Canes leave Chapel Hill with a W.

Accept it.
That’s why I think we’ll win because nothing with this team makes sense.

Advertisement
If he needs to hire an offense guy cause he doesn’t do offense, and he needs a defense guy cause he doesn’t do defense, and he isnt a special teams guy, he can’t have the job head coach if he needs to hire a game day situation guy. He is not qualified for this job if literally the only skill in his bag is relentless recruiting.
Remember the stack chips crowd and the talent will overcome coaching crowd....

Not gonna happen in my opinion. Seems like he takes no responsibility- is a narcissist- and would rather have his way than rethink things. Has anyone seen any remorse from him since last night? He is gaslighting himself and probably surrounds himself with ‘yes’ men.

The Emporer Has No Clothes.
I mean he looked at last years performance and hired an OC who was atypical from his offense and blew his staff up after one year. That was all a reflection on him. The evidence kind of points otherwise.

Advertisement

I had to watch the game on my phone and don’t have detailed thoughts, but my wife isn’t talking to me this morning and my head hurts. This sucks.

We all expected Mario to blow a game because of gameday blunders. But it didn’t need to be a national humiliation.

The UNC game just became the most important game in years. There is a real risk that the team loses trust in Mario after a botch like that. A loss can send the season off the rails. A win gets us back on an upward trajectory.

Salute to all the maniacs who still care after a loss like that. We are the college football version of Job. Hopefully, it will all be worth it one day. See you on Saturday night.

Screenshot_20231008_211733_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Big Manny used a 40yd dumpster on players, coaching staff, recruits, and fan base on Saturday night.

Sounds legit
It was a lot of fun. Was in a historic cemetery, jamband that was pretty **** good, well stocked bars with cool wines and beers (and liquors), BBQ for food, and I didn't have to watch the first half of this disaster.

Advertisement
Don't be so dramatic. It's the same path forward that started the season. "Win"

Some real drama...naysayers out in full force with serious ammunition.

This place will be nauseating from 4 weeks of repressed moping they can let off after this L.

Pathetic, yet fascinating to see how quickly the narrative shifts from half full to half empty in the same cup of water.

Last edited:
I get it. Last night was an effing W and the biggest blunder ever by a HC happened. But this season isn’t lost. Is there a potential for a dive? Of course. But we are about to see what this 2023 team is made of.
Don’t come at CIS with that calm, emotionally intelligent rational logic.
Shannon Sharpe Black And Milds GIF

This team isn’t winning out. Best case is we finish one game out of ACC title contention and it makes this Mario **** up, 1000000 times worse.

Worst case is collapse ending in 7-5. Either way this will be the defining moment of the story of the 2023 team.

Advertisement
One interesting fact that I was completely unaware of until a YouTuber pointed it out. In each of the previous 4 games, Mario has run the ball to end the game. No QB has taken a knee. The difference is, this was the only game where the lead was one score.

It's rather profound. If there were no "called" fumble, nobody would have given it a thought. Perhaps this is why Mario didn't think twice about running the ball. He never gave kneeling a thought. For whatever reason, it's not in his coaching DNA.

The thing I find disturbing is this is the 2nd time in his career where he failed to take a knee, a fumble occurred, and a loss ensued. His 2018 Oregon team lost to Stanford when he could have ran the clock out with a kneel down, but a fumble occurred and subsequent loss. The man has not learned his lesson. I find it so profound for such a person that prides himself on paying attention to details.

How you do anything is how you do everything. -- Mario Cristobal

Advertisement
One interesting fact that I was completely unaware of until a YouTuber pointed it out. In each of the previous 4 games, Mario has run the ball to end the game. No QB has taken a knee. The difference is, this was the only game where the lead was one score.

It's rather profound. If there were no "called" fumble, nobody would have given it a thought. Perhaps this is why Mario didn't think twice about running the ball. He never gave kneeling a thought. For whatever reason, it's not in his coaching DNA.

The thing I find disturbing is this is the 2nd time in his career where he failed to take a knee, a fumble occurred, and a loss ensued. His 2018 Oregon team lost to Stanford when he could have ran the clock out with a kneel down, but a fumble occurred and subsequent loss. The man has not learned his lesson. I find it so profound for such a person that prides himself on paying attention to details.

How you do anything is how you do everything. -- Mario Cristobal
2 times in 70 games is 0.03 percent. That's not alarming percentage I would not concern myself with. It more of an outlier.

Look I am upset about outcome of the game, but I think most of yall are reaching just **** on Mario.

I had to watch the game on my phone and don’t have detailed thoughts, but my wife isn’t talking to me this morning and my head hurts. This sucks.

We all expected Mario to blow a game because of gameday blunders. But it didn’t need to be a national humiliation.

The UNC game just became the most important game in years. There is a real risk that the team loses trust in Mario after a botch like that. A loss can send the season off the rails. A win gets us back on an upward trajectory.

Salute to all the maniacs who still care after a loss like that. We are the college football version of Job. Hopefully, it will all be worth it one day. See you on Saturday night.

100% the loss was a real gut punch, mario needs to face the fact that game mgmt. is not his strength period and hire an in game situation/clock mgmt person with experience
NC game is huge and this will be a test on the mental toughness of the team which based on TAMU game is best in years .
Mario needs to let Dawson & Guidry loose to make him look good. offensive game plan had Marios micro managing style all over
it featuring good old ground and pound......real test for his entire tenure at Miami is on the line a win and the nightmare ends
a loss and the questions will fester and grow louder.

Positive spin - we outgained GT 453-250. For comparison against the other 2 ranked teams they've played:

vs. Louisville in Atlanta - they outgained Louisville 488-474 (back and forth game, 39-34 Louisville win)
at Ole Miss - Ole Miss outgained them 550-474 (24-17 game midway through the 4th before Ole Miss goes off late and pulls away)

Bottom line: we didn't play as bad as it looked to the naked eye. We just vomited all ourselves in key spots and got absolutely shafted as usual with 4 ridiculous, game altering calls by the tobacco road mafia, I mean ACC refs. Oh and our coach went full ****** and didn't take a knee.

Advertisement
Back