Monroe Freeling Update

Advertisement
I’m really not a big fan of Fin Fin - too much potential and dog = not so much. Would live to have Feeling & Kinsler.

I have it on good authority that reason #2 is what convinced Alinen. He was naked with Saban in a sauna. Cristobal can't match that level of intimacy.

Why do you say that? He's always said he was going to take all his visits and commit in the fall. We didn't have to slow play him or worry, he was always going to commit after these other guys. No reason to think Mario hasn't been relentlessly recruiting him straight through IMO.
He was just very pro Miami and he may have opted to lock down a spot if given the chance since they were/are very tight on the o-line. I'm sure Mario is recruiting hard either way.

I have it on good authority that reason #2 is what convinced Alinen. He was naked with Saban in a sauna. Cristobal can't match that level of intimacy.
I was just in Norway and they absolutely talked about the Swedes and the Finns EXACTLY like this.

Advertisement
I am pretty certain that Olaus Alinen becomes a very good collegiate lineman. I'm unsure about Payton Kirkland, but he's a very good prospect.

While previous regimes missing out on S-Tier and A-Tier and not having another option until D-Tier or lower...I'm unbothered losing the aforementioned players, knowing they will be varying degrees of good, considering we are still working through S-Tier and A-Tier options, two of which are heavy Miami leans and we are still in it for Monroe Feeling, who is surely now an immediate take with two other pieces off the board.

Advertisement
I am pretty certain that Olaus Alinen becomes a very good collegiate lineman. I'm unsure about Payton Kirkland, but he's a very good prospect.

While previous regimes missing out on S-Tier and A-Tier and not having another option until D-Tier or lower...I'm unbothered losing the aforementioned players, knowing they will be varying degrees of good, considering we are still working through S-Tier and A-Tier options, two of which are heavy Miami leans and we are still in it for Monroe Feeling, who is surely now an immediate take with two other pieces off the board.
PK will never play a meaningful snap at Texas. Did you see that online class of theirs last year? He is definitely a flip candidate or portal addition. He just needs to get over the fact that he isn’t a tackle and guard is his best bet

PK will never play a meaningful snap at Texas. Did you see that online class of theirs last year? He is definitely a flip candidate or portal addition. He just needs to get over the fact that he isn’t a tackle and guard is his best bet
Agree with PK and not even sure if he’ll even sign with Texas.
Baga basically said Olaus had not played against top competition and was a project.

This isn’t manny , we recruit kids hard regardless. That’s the key , recruit everyone hard , not go awol for months like the last dummy

I been saying this for years.

Recruit a guy hard and be honest with him about where he stands. You never know how things will shake out on signing day. I also have been a proponent of having a big board.

It's good to know these tactics work and are key reasons Mario is such a great recruiter. The things previous coaches did never made any sense to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement

If he's not good enough for them, then why do we want him? Are we not trying to build a monster, but you want it done by flipping recruits that aren't good enough to play elsewhere when they're trying to do the same thing, build a monster?

What am I missing here? Feel free to explain, but that logic makes no sense to me.

Advertisement
Back