Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/3

View as article
Advertisement
**** this year is really going to test my “crootin aint for da weak” mantra

Advertisement
"I was told Miami will circle back on a name you may remember from the summer: Homestead TE Rahmod Smith. Smith impressed at some of the Mark Richt summer camps, and earned an invite to Paradise with his play, but UM never pulled the trigger on an offer. Smith later committed to UNLV and now Miami will kick the tires here to see if there is any interest."

Look at the testing numbers" 5.11-40, and near the bottom if not the bottom of all the testing done at various combines/camps. His vertical jump was almost the lowest tested. This guy has division 1 potential?
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/233350/rahmod-smith

Brian Polendey had far superior testing numbers including a 4.88-40, his vertical jump was near the top. Polendey was about 25 pounds heavier when he came our of high school.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/212111/brian-polendey

And those numbers are why he is committed to UNLV.

You can't tell me he's the ONLY tight end left who could potentially have UM interest. The sad fact is this staff treats offers like a elite honor, but do little to ensure if those few guys take a pass they aren't left holding a giant bag of crap. It's great to want your offer to mean something, but can you really do that in today's recruiting landscape? If you are a Top5 team in the playoffs each year, sure. But we are not that. Even more, after you make that offer you have to keep the attention/pressure on to lock these kids down. You can recruit kids without having official offers. Instead, we seem to ignore kids we haven't offered. Recruiting is part science, part game.....you strategize and adapt at all times. It looks like our staff isn't doing so based on this year's cycle and the scrambling we are seeing.

Last edited:
Totally agree, and this also includes staying in touch and having a recruiting board that consists of ABCDE options at all times

This is my issue too. We lock in on a few guys and ignore everyone else. Even Bama doesn't do that. You can and should recruit a wider net and only start narrowing it down as you get closer to signing day. We miss and then have terrible depth issues by not signing guys or potentially settle for a kid that probably shouldn't be here....and no fault to that kid, i would accept the offer as well.

Advertisement
The whole offensive staff needs to be fired immediately, including Richt.
What a disaster!! just when you thought recruiting couldn't get any worse, we get more decommits.
No offensive lineman want to play for this staff.

@Stefan Adams do we still have a shot at Eguakin? Weren’t we suppose to visit with him this week and he official the last weekend?

I thought you also said we were in a good spot with the tight end from Texas. You need some new sources.

In all fairness, Stefan is probably getting most of his info from within the program. Our coaches are the biggest sunshine pumpers... They feel confident in getting anyone, until they commit somewhere else. They live in an alternate universe.

Advertisement
First off, this is not meant to be gospel, and I'd like to see the person batting 1.000 in recruiting calls. It's meant to be a snapshot of how things are at that moment in time, with the knowledge that things could change in the next minute. Some were reporting Kingsley Eguakun had shut down his recruitment last week and would sign with Miami. Obviously they were ultimately "wrong", but were they wrong at the time? So, TIFWIW, put it into the context of what you already know/believe, and move on.

Secondly, there was no source nor did I ever say there was. I went by what the kid himself told me in by far the most Miami positive interview I have ever done. I also never predicted him to Miami or said Miami was leading or intimated he was a lock in any way. Just that UM was in a good spot, and gave the exact reasons of visit high wearing off/that TAMU had the final visit and could make up ground on their official, which they obviously did, as scenarios where he might not land at UM. Miami can be in a good spot and TAMU can be in a better spot. They aren't mutually exclusive.
Stefan with the clap back

Advertisement
1543859683552.gif

Disaster smh

Stefan with the clap back

99% of ppl on this board are not plugged into the Miami program. For those who are don’t build a recruit up like they are leaning towards Miami and not expect to not get your lumps when your information was wrong. That comes with being a journalist.

I’m sure Stephan is frustrated with some of his ppl who gave him bad info. But it really isn’t about any recruit, journalist, or player. It’s about coaches not making any adjustments to what the college football world has become. It about not holding coaches accountable for doing a well below average job in recruiting/coaching and some in both. It seems to the outside eye we are Fred Flinstone in a George Jetson world.

Advertisement
Back