Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/3

View as article
Totally agree, and this also includes staying in touch and having a recruiting board that consists of ABCDE options at all times
Yep totally agree, I wish they’d recruit abcde options at the same time as well and take on a first come first serve basis while still talking to them all and then drop for better options as they come. But nah they just recruit only option A and then scramble for option D because B&C already committed elsewhere. Ugh this staff is a headache

Advertisement
@Stefan Adams

Can you opine on the Miami recruiting strategy, or the lack there of? I just don’t understand how they are managing numbers at each position and the number of recruits offered.

QB, OL, LBs. it’s like once their top 1 or 2 targets commit elsewhere it’s a scramble to line up a backup option.

Why not show interest but slow play your backup plans? At least you don’t look so desperate and have more control of the situation. The flurry of offers going out over the past week is laughable.

“Oh hey, I know it’s been 4 months since I last called you, but we’d really like to get you on campus now”

Yep totally agree, I wish they’d recruit abcde options at the same time as well and take on a first come first serve basis while still talking to them all and then drop for better options as they come. But nah they just recruit only option A and then scramble for option D because B&C already committed elsewhere. Ugh this staff is a headache

I still have faith in the staff getting top end recruits because they’ve shown they can get these players (especially last year). BUT I just like everyone else I’m sure was extremely disapponted with the second half of recruiting last year losing Campbell, The DT from Texas and Surtain and even losing Jobe. It didn’t seem like we had any secondary plans and ended up with Miller and Bethel (not counting Nesta).

It’s not like Kingsley and Tarquin are world beaters so as long as we close with OL similar to those guys most will be cool.

@Stefan Adams how many OL does the staff want to take?

@Stefan Adams

Can you opine on the Miami recruiting strategy, or the lack there of? I just don’t understand how they are managing numbers at each position and the number of recruits offered.

QB, OL, LBs. it’s like once their top 1 or 2 targets commit elsewhere it’s a scramble to line up a backup option.

Why not show interest but slow play your backup plans? At least you don’t look so desperate and have more control of the situation. The flurry of offers going out over the past week is laughable.

“Oh hey, I know it’s been 4 months since I last called you, but we’d really like to get you on campus now”

They believe kids when they commit to us. Gotta keep recruiting, right now Tarquin commited but keep showing up to Gators events equals move on.

Advertisement
Appreciate the update. Hopefully you won't have to be the bearer of bad news next time. We need some + momentum.

We're going to be heading into the dead period without an offensive lineman in the class. Actually a disaster when this year was about stacking another top 10 class on top of the last 2.

Another setback.

I still have faith in the staff getting top end recruits because they’ve shown they can get these players (especially last year). BUT I just like everyone else I’m sure was extremely disapponted with the second half of recruiting last year losing Campbell, The DT from Texas and Surtain and even losing Jobe. It didn’t seem like we had any secondary plans and ended up with Miller and Bethel (not counting Nesta).

It’s not like Kingsley and Tarquin are world beaters so as long as we close with OL similar to those guys most will be cool.

I count 11 OL on scholarship for next season. I think with only 1 committed at the moment, and him probably not sticking, they'd be happy if they can find 3 they like. That gives 14 for next year, which is doable.

Advertisement
Best case scenario (realistically, so no Neal included: Hold onto Tarquin, flip Lucas, flip Smith, flip Washington, sign the Butler grad transfer

Worse case scenario: Get literally none of these kids

Most likely, just in my opinion: Wind up with Smith and someone else who will be a late offer at the 11th hour. I think the staff would love to take 4, will settle for 3, but probably winds up with 2 unless they find some grad transfer or mystery recruit we've never heard of.

I wasn’t as dissatisfied because I understand these kids aren’t loyal to anyone which isn’t wrong they want to be paid and win and right now we’re not doing enough of either to be upset with them truly

I don't believe that Lucas will end up here...He's either a very confused kid or a troll. Even if he's just confused, he's one of those kids that will close his eyes and just grab an LOI, so yeah maybe we have a 1 in 3 chance. Also, he's tight with Lockett/Taggart...So even if he is confused and likes another school better. that bond may be too much to overcome

Advertisement

I agree with all of this, and I will say this...It does seem like we are hustling more this year and have backup plans in place.

I also agree that Kingsley and Tarq are solid players, and maybe even possible starters-- but they are replaceable. OL is where we really have to see names pop up...Here's what we have so far, mostly from ivins

C Smith- offered
OT Washington
OT Emanus (i'd love to hear something really soon here, wake commit)
OT Richards UNC commit

Local kids we COULD hear something on (not including Wilson bc of possible grades/transcript):

Boateng
Boyd
Fox
Pope

Juco Names:
??

Need at least 3, 4 preferred.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back