Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/3

View as article
Advertisement
I know, just trying to let Stephen know he hasn’t been hitting on too many of his projections. If he is getting bad info I would find a new source. @MiamiChris also seems pretty confident We have zero shot at Lucas(also seems like he also knows the kid or someone close to the kid) so another conflicting report.

Never projected Wydermyer to Miami, so now you're making stuff up.

Advertisement
george c.gif

Gordon is taking an OV to Miami this week. Nothing really new on Williams from what I posted last week, although he did get an offer from Michigan which should make things more interesting

Their RB commit just decommitted. Eric Gray. They went right after Williams.

Advertisement
Gotta put the full press on Tarquin. Losing both him and Eguakun would be a complete recruiting failure, an indictment on the program as a whole and not just the position coach. Especially if both go to the Gators. Getting Tarquin, the kid from Central, and the transfer from Butler would be ok. Add in by some miracle Lucas, and the class is respectable. Neal is a pipe dream for the delusional, don’t want to read about him anymore, another Alex Leatherwood fantasy/tease.

Gotta put the full press on Tarquin. Losing both him and Eguakun would be a complete recruiting failure, an indictment on the program as a whole and not just the position coach. Especially if both go to the Gators. Getting Tarquin, the kid from Central, and the transfer from Butler would be ok. Add in by some miracle Lucas, and the class is respectable. Neal is a pipe dream for the delusional, don’t want to read about him anymore, another Alex Leatherwood fantasy/tease.

Tarquin already flipped before Eguakun IMHO

Advertisement
First off, this is not meant to be gospel, and I'd like to see the person batting 1.000 in recruiting calls. It's meant to be a snapshot of how things are at that moment in time, with the knowledge that things could change in the next minute. Some were reporting Kingsley Eguakun had shut down his recruitment last week and would sign with Miami. Obviously they were ultimately "wrong", but were they wrong at the time? So, TIFWIW, put it into the context of what you already know/believe, and move on.

Secondly, there was no source nor did I ever say there was. I went by what the kid himself told me in by far the most Miami positive interview I have ever done. I also never predicted him to Miami or said Miami was leading or intimated he was a lock in any way. Just that UM was in a good spot, and gave the exact reasons of visit high wearing off/that TAMU had the final visit and could make up ground on their official, which they obviously did, as scenarios where he might not land at UM. Miami can be in a good spot and TAMU can be in a better spot. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I just wouldn’t take what the kids tell you(a guy who writes for a Miami hurricanes fan website) as the gospel. That is why you need sources.

And those are mutually exclusive because he can only go to one school. If you thought Texas a and m was in a better spot say that. I appreciate the info but I’d rather it be straight up instead of in a positive Miami light.

Ultimately the frustration boils down to the coaching staff underperforming on the field and in recruiting. @Stefan Adams Do you think that the problem is players don’t trust the offensive coaches or just bad luck and this is how recruiting goes sometimes?

Advertisement
Dumpster fire.
- Lucas highly unlikely
- Neal not coming
- Offering Neal’s bro as PWO
- Solomon flipping
- Tarquin flipping
- Miss on Wydermyer
- Zip not coming
- Summerall highly unlikely
- Williams will not be eligible
- Offering low 3 star TE from Homestead
- Left out Eguakin flip

What’s not to like?
Offering low 3 star TE from Homestead --ran a 5.11 in the 40 at the Miami Camp at 205 pounds!

This recruiting cycle hasn’t been a good one. With the season we just had it’s not surprising at all either. Wild times

First off, this is not meant to be gospel, and I'd like to see the person batting 1.000 in recruiting calls. It's meant to be a snapshot of how things are at that moment in time, with the knowledge that things could change in the next minute. Some were reporting Kingsley Eguakun had shut down his recruitment last week and would sign with Miami. Obviously they were ultimately "wrong", but were they wrong at the time? So, TIFWIW, put it into the context of what you already know/believe, and move on.

Secondly, there was no source nor did I ever say there was. I went by what the kid himself told me in by far the most Miami positive interview I have ever done. I also never predicted him to Miami or said Miami was leading or intimated he was a lock in any way. Just that UM was in a good spot, and gave the exact reasons of visit high wearing off/that TAMU had the final visit and could make up ground on their official, which they obviously did, as scenarios where he might not land at UM. Miami can be in a good spot and TAMU can be in a better spot. They aren't mutually exclusive.

"Secondly, there was no source nor did I ever say there was. I went by what the kid himself told me in by far the most Miami positive interview I have ever done. "

Just shows how volatile/unpredictable recruiting has become.

Advertisement
Back