Monday, 8/31 PractiSe

I said clear as day One of the worst receiving cores in last 20 years. Didn’t say the worst. I know Miami history just like all of you guys. This receiving core is the worst since Brian Monroe was lining up.
Thank you, it’s always worthwhile to let posters express their point of view clearly, even if its not a popular one.

Now we can all clearly see that you neither know Miami history or have a rooting interest in them apart from trolling.

Advertisement
This fan base will make up any excuses to push their narrative now a days. We have on paper one of the worst receiving cores this program has seen in last 20 years and you guys don’t think it’s a big deal that we have heard nothing about our upperclassmen receivers who couldn’t get separation against FIU, Duke, and LA tech. Throw scheme out all you want but good receivers win their matchups regardless
How do you think this the worst receiving core we’ve had in 20 years? That’s a hyperbole at best.

Lash has more weapons than he's ever had in his career as a play caller & there's no way he's not gonna use them all in several multifaceted ways in order to keep Defenses off balance.
This says it all. Lash has been very effective with far less material than he has to work with this year. King is, by far, the best dual threat QB he's ever been around, and he has a broader array of skill talent, by far, than he's ever had at his disposal.

This dude is drooling behind the scenes. He's looking to ride this talent to a HC gig. Don't be fooled by him not "making noise" at press conferences.

How do you think this the worst receiving core we’ve had in 20 years? That’s a hyperbole at best.
Goin into a season? Maybe he meant production wise, I would think he is not too far off really.. These boys got alot to prove, I will be rooting for them

Advertisement
The guy's clearly trolling and not doing a great job of it. He's making it too obvious.
Sometimes people are let down by this site and even though I’m biased I get that there are issues that irritate the common fan. But you want to know what irritates me?

It’s the trolls. They’re terrible! Not terrible on their success at distraction, terrible in their execution. They have no subtlety, no artistry. It’s all “meow, meow, this topic shows how bad Miami is... oh also this topic, and this one, and this one!”

Who do you trolls look up to? Who inspires you to attain greatness? What are you trying to prove by your schtick? You need to find a reason, because the vets on this board sniff you out by the time you confirm the account via email.

Do better.

This morning. Rhett Lashlee, Dee Wiggins and Mark Pope scheduled to talk at 11:30

This fan base will make up any excuses to push their narrative now a days. We have on paper one of the worst receiving cores this program has seen in last 20 years and you guys don’t think it’s a big deal that we have heard nothing about our upperclassmen receivers who couldn’t get separation against FIU, Duke, and LA tech. Throw scheme out all you want but good receivers win their matchups regardless
Yup. Been saying this for a while now. None of our upper classmen receivers have shown to be number a one or even number two guy. I want to be wrong so bad.

This says it all. Lash has been very effective with far less material than he has to work with this year. King is, by far, the best dual threat QB he's ever been around, and he has a broader array of skill talent, by far, than he's ever had at his disposal.

This dude is drooling behind the scenes. He's looking to ride this talent to a HC gig. Don't be fooled by him not "making noise" at press conferences.
I think Lashlee was around when Cam Newton got that return on investment for Auburn..

Sometimes people are let down by this site and even though I’m biased I get that there are issues that irritate the common fan. But you want to know what irritates me?

It’s the trolls. They’re terrible! Not terrible on their success at distraction, terrible in their execution. They have no subtlety, no artistry. It’s all “meow, meow, this topic shows how bad Miami is... oh also this topic, and this one, and this one!”

Who do you trolls look up to? Who inspires you to attain greatness? What are you trying to prove by your schtick? You need to find a reason, because the vets on this board sniff you out by the time you confirm the account via email.

Do better.
Yep. It's not the trolling as much as it is the bad trolling. It's truly an art form that's been lost with the need for immediate gratification. We've seen so many try on here and flame out so miserably.

Look at the true artists like rok. The man is an absolute treasure for his ability to mix in lunacy with validity. He's the last of his kind it seems. That's why I try to celebrate him and his greatness as often as possible.

Advertisement
I just read through 5 pages & I'm ****ed that I still haven't learned to not do that...

I keep thinking I'm gonna stumble upon some good football talk or some relevant info & it just never happens lol.

Anyways... I can't wait til we get on the field & play so we can finally shut these whiny *** babies up within the fanbase. I mean all offseason all you fckas have done is cry, bìtch, moan & groan every step of the **** way, shìt is so annoying smh.

I get it "wE sAy tHaT eVeRy yEaR!" No shìt, that's how fandom works, every year is a new year unto itself & you have to be willing to allow the possibility that things can change before they actually do, if your fandom is conditional then you're wasting your time even paying attention to the team before the season starts.

I was just on the Arkansas board (scouting a CB lol) & I happened to read some of their fans talking about the season & you would never think they went 2-10 the last two seasons & haven't actually won 10+ games since 2011. They weren't delusional either, just excited & enthusiastic, you know... Fans.
My mother in laws side of the family lives in Nebraska and they are the same way, non delusional fans that just get excited and support their team. They aren’t overly critical and cynical.

Last edited:
I don't think he was calling the plays back then.
Pretty sure he was a GA, but GA are around, at practice, on sideline for games.. He saw greatness up close.. He not some middle school corch who just happy to be here in awe of high level athletes..

Last edited:
Advertisement
My mother in laws side of the family lives in Nebraska and they are the same way, non delusion fans that just get excited and support their team. They aren’t overly critical and cynical.
I've got no issue with being critical, but there has to be a context to it.

As a fan people have every right to be skeptical that things can be turned around given how bad we were the last 2 years, but there's a time & a place to it. Trust me, no one was harder on Diaz & the program overall after the embarrassment of the FIU game last year, but guess what? It ain't 2019 no more & there's nothing that can be done about that game.

It's one thing to still be ****ed or apprehensive about this year back in Jan-April, but it's September now & we're literally 10 days away from opening kickoff, it's time for fans to toughen up & move the **** on from 2019, whatever happened last year doesn't matter anymore because things have changed since then.

If we suck & drop the ball, then all the hypercritical cynicism will be warranted & justified, but until then people should be really excited to see how we look now that we've finally adopted a modern offense, have a legitimate play caller & a dynamic electric QB.

The pro's far outweigh the cons, but I've been saying this for months now, if you're a fan that doesn't believe the hype or doesn't think we're going to be much better this year than we were last year, then there's no reason to even keep up with the team in the offseason, if you've already drawn a conclusion about the season before a snap has been taken then why even be on this board between Jan-August? Lol

Proche was the primary X-WR for SMU, he received the bulk of the targets & was main go to guy for them last year.

In Lashlee's system Pope will be Z-WR or the Flanker, basically the WR2 who gets used in more versatile means & will excel in the intermediate routes while Dee Wiggins will be pulling Defenders away taking the top off of the Defense. Pope will be playing the Reggie Roberson role in this offense.

None of our WR's will have as many targets as Proche had, it will be a committee of 4-7 guys along with the 3 headed monster at RB & TE. The targets will be evenly distributed amongst all the playmaker so as to make our offensive attack more effective.

Lash has more weapons than he's ever had in his career as a play caller & there's no way he's not gonna use them all in several multifaceted ways in order to keep Defenses off balance.

I thought Roberson was the deep threat while proche was the slot and moveable piece of the offense but either way it goes I’m excited to see pope grow I know you don’t think he’ll get the amount of targets but I think he’ll start to dominate once the games start and become our #1 by progression

Advertisement
Pretty sure he was a GA, but GA are around, at practice, on sideline for games.. He saw greatness up close.. He not some middle school corch who just happy to be here in aww of high level athletes..
Not going to quibble. As a GA, he was around Newton, so, yes, he has been around great players before, if you want to take my words literally. What I meant was that he's never coordinated an offense with this depth and breadth of talent and has definitely never been an OC with a dual threat QB like King.

Proche was the primary X-WR for SMU, he received the bulk of the targets & was main go to guy for them last year.

In Lashlee's system Pope will be Z-WR or the Flanker, basically the WR2 who gets used in more versatile means & will excel in the intermediate routes while Dee Wiggins will be pulling Defenders away taking the top off of the Defense. Pope will be playing the Reggie Roberson role in this offense.

None of our WR's will have as many targets as Proche had, it will be a committee of 4-7 guys along with the 3 headed monster at RB & TE. The targets will be evenly distributed amongst all the playmaker so as to make our offensive attack more effective.

Dude found a way to drop 48 points on Memphis without their other receiver Roberson who I think is even fasten Proche. The man knows offense.

Advertisement
Back