Moise 100% with UM, not taking other visits, as Chaminade aims for repeat

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Chaminade-Madonna 4-star DT Willie Moise has been one of Miami’s longest tenured commitments in the 2020 class after he pledged to UM back in March of 2018. Through a down season from the Canes and staff changes, Moise has never wavered from his commitment, and insists nothing has changed in his feelings towards Miami.

“I’m 100% with Miami, and really, you can add another zero to that,” Moise said.

Even though he’s had to work harder to develop a relationship with a different position coach than the one that originally recruited him, Moise already likes what he’s heard from Miami’s hire in DL coach Todd Stroud.

“It’s going pretty good, that’s my dog,” Moise said of his relationship with Stroud. “He’s real cool, my parents like him. So, our relationship is definitely tight right now.”

Although he didn’t participate in Paradise Camp, Moise did attend the event and used his time to observe how Stroud was coaching up players.

“He has this fire in him, he just wants you to get better,” Moise said. “He’s going to focus on all the little things to help you get right. When he needs to get on you, he’s going to get on you. Whatever you need, he’s going to give you all the tips and stuff to get you where you want to go.”

The 6’3” 290 pound prospect last visited Miami at the end of July for one of Miami’s first practices of fall camp along with some other recruits, and afterwards, Moise got to spend some quality time with Stroud.

“We got to see a little bit more of the inside of Miami,” Moise said. “I got to talk in-depth with coach Todd Stroud in the meeting rooms down there. He showed us some film, gave us some tips and critiqued our game. It was nice.”

Spots in Miami’s class of 2020 are really starting to fill up, and Moise is loving how Category20 is shaping up as the first signing period approaches in 4 months.

“I recently got close with Romello Height,” Moise said. “Tre’von Riggins, that’s my dog, we’ve been close. It’s coming together nice, I like it to be honest. I think everybody in the class has the right idea, they’re all coming here to work. They know this is not the same Miami, this is something new, something better. So, I’m liking it.”

Moise also had high praise for one of his DL classmates that he played against last season.

“I actually played against Elijah Roberts because I play both ways,” Moise said. “Playing right tackle, we went 1-on-1. His game is amazing, he actually showed me work. I respect him a lot for it.”

Is there anybody outside of the class that he wants to add to Category20 at this point?

“I would really like to get Issiah Walker,” Moise said. “I just say, come be a part of something.”

As for current Hurricanes, Moise keeps in touch with a host of his former teammates at Chaminade that are now freshmen at the U.

“I talk to TC (Te’Cory Couch) and Cam (Williams) and Keontra (Smith) - they say they love it and it’s great there,” Moise said.

In terms of other schools, although he does keep in contact with one SEC program, Moise says he has seen enough from other schools and does not plan to visit anywhere else. He only plans on taking an official to Miami sometime during the season.

“I don’t really talk to other schools like that to be honest,” Moise said. “I’m talking to Auburn a little bit, but just to enjoy the process right now. For the most part, coach (Dameon) Jones took me to all the schools I wanted to see with the team, I’ve seen a lot.”

Chaminade is already off to a good start in defending their 2018 title, as the Lions knocked off McArthur in their first game last weekend. Going forward, Moise is focused on being a senior leader for his team and keeping them fixated on the goal of another championship.

“I’m just looking forward to giving our best effort this season. Stay together as a team, stay strong, stay composed,” Moise said. “There’s going to be ups and downs this season. I just want to make sure we’re getting ready and everyone has the strength to bounce back, that it’s never over. Definitely to win states (is the goal). Being at Chaminade, that’s the demand. We don’t lose and we don’t like to lose. We’re going to do whatever it takes to make sure we’re ready this season.”

Advertisement
Chaminade-Madonna 4-star DT Willie Moise has been one of Miami’s longest tenured commitments in the 2020 class after he pledged to UM back in March of 2018. Through a down season from the Canes and staff changes, Moise has never wavered from his commitment, and insists nothing has changed in his feelings towards Miami.

“I’m 100% with Miami, and really, you can add another zero to that,” Moise said.

Even though he’s had to work harder to develop a relationship with a different position coach than the one that originally recruited him, Moise already likes what he’s heard from Miami’s hire in DL coach Todd Stroud.

“It’s going pretty good, that’s my dog,” Moise said of his relationship with Stroud. “He’s real cool, my parents like him. So, our relationship is definitely tight right now.”

Although he didn’t participate in Paradise Camp, Moise did attend the event and used his time to observe how Stroud was coaching up players.

“He has this fire in him, he just wants you to get better,” Moise said. “He’s going to focus on all the little things to help you get right. When he needs to get on you, he’s going to get on you. Whatever you need, he’s going to give you all the tips and stuff to get you where you want to go.”

The 6’3” 290 pound prospect last visited Miami at the end of July for one of Miami’s first practices of fall camp along with some other recruits, and afterwards, Moise got to spend some quality time with Stroud.

“We got to see a little bit more of the inside of Miami,” Moise said. “I got to talk in-depth with coach Todd Stroud in the meeting rooms down there. He showed us some film, gave us some tips and critiqued our game. It was nice.”

Spots in Miami’s class of 2020 are really starting to fill up, and Moise is loving how Category20 is shaping up as the first signing period approaches in 4 months.

“I recently got close with Romello Height,” Moise said. “Tre’von Riggins, that’s my dog, we’ve been close. It’s coming together nice, I like it to be honest. I think everybody in the class has the right idea, they’re all coming here to work. They know this is not the same Miami, this is something new, something better. So, I’m liking it.”

Moise also had high praise for one of his DL classmates that he played against last season.

“I actually played against Elijah Roberts because I play both ways,” Moise said. “Playing right tackle, we went 1-on-1. His game is amazing, he actually showed me work. I respect him a lot for it.”

Is there anybody outside of the class that he wants to add to Category20 at this point?

“I would really like to get Issiah Walker,” Moise said. “I just say, come be a part of something.”

As for current Hurricanes, Moise keeps in touch with a host of his former teammates at Chaminade that are now freshmen at the U.

“I talk to TC (Te’Cory Couch) and Cam (Williams) and Keontra (Smith) - they say they love it and it’s great there,” Moise said.

In terms of other schools, although he does keep in contact with one SEC program, Moise says he has seen enough from other schools and does not plan to visit anywhere else. He only plans on taking an official to Miami sometime during the season.

“I don’t really talk to other schools like that to be honest,” Moise said. “I’m talking to Auburn a little bit, but just to enjoy the process right now. For the most part, coach (Dameon) Jones took me to all the schools I wanted to see with the team, I’ve seen a lot.”

Chaminade is already off to a good start in defending their 2018 title, as the Lions knocked off McArthur in their first game last weekend. Going forward, Moise is focused on being a senior leader for his team and keeping them fixated on the goal of another championship.

“I’m just looking forward to giving our best effort this season. Stay together as a team, stay strong, stay composed,” Moise said. “There’s going to be ups and downs this season. I just want to make sure we’re getting ready and everyone has the strength to bounce back, that it’s never over. Definitely to win states (is the goal). Being at Chaminade, that’s the demand. We don’t lose and we don’t like to lose. We’re going to do whatever it takes to make sure we’re ready this season.”

Really like his film! An athletic big kid that understands he should be a DT, not DE. Will embrace the position and be a high draft pick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm starting to like Moise at OL. He can be an excellent DT, but the three kids from '19 look promising and we are adding Elijah Roberts.

Moise has a chance to be a star at OG.

That would be Q. Williams and Chantz Williams at DE with Robert and Riggins at DT with room for one more.

Rivers and Moise as interior OL.

Makes more sense numbers wise.

Advertisement
Back