MNW vs Lowndes Co

Advertisement
Gotcha. Was proud of MNW for not quitting tonight, but it was night and day D$. Lowndes would beat these guys 10 times out of 10. Understand I'm a Miami Homer and hate it when our guys get embarrassed like this, but I call em like I see em.

Central got folded, too. Been a bad couple years.

They weren’t great last year. I worry there is a shift of power to Broward.
Was thinking the same a few months back. Broward is where a lot of the premium talent of south Florida seems to be coming from or playing at now adays Too.

Lowndes county is a South Georgia powerhouse football program in the state so it’s not like northwestern lost to scrubs but it’s still a bit disappointing to see that lopsided of a score along with the rest of dade county schools struggling this year

Advertisement
Man Dade catching work from some of the OOS schools this year.

West is loaded at skill positions, but like I asked LCE a month or 2 ago, are they a little weak on the lines? (lost some linemen to d1 last year)

They lost most of their lineman to graduation..and the best ol transferred to Gulliver. They have solid skills but didn't replenish the lines..plus their best qb is a 9th grader fresh out of youth league ball...tiger. He will be good down the road..played for my optimist club at miramar

Y'all gotta get those youth leagues right again down there. These kids up here stay together from elementary school forward.
Dade kids used to almost always be badass compared with OOS opponents. Also, more athletic. Now, I'm not so sure.

We have the best youth football talent in the country..not really close.

There is terrible high school coaching as all the coaches are volunteers not being paid. Add to it the talent in Dade is starting to spread out a bit.

But its a down year for the usual top dogs in Dade talent wise regardless.
Broward ha slightly better coaching.. But mnw shouldn't have scheduled a national schedule this year knowing their talent on that team is young. They just played IMG as well who is a better team than lowndes and played them tougher.

Wonder how our boy @Liberty City El is doing? Or maybe he possibly had an idea that they’d be outmatched in this one
It's High school football, sh*t happens.

We got a Freshman QB & young OL, plus we weren't able to replenish the pass rush from last year.

We're still going to 3peat & win states again this year. The only teams that beat us are powerhouses loaded with D1 talent.

They lost most of their lineman to graduation..and the best ol transferred to Gulliver. They have solid skills but didn't replenish the lines..plus their best qb is a 9th grader fresh out of youth league ball...tiger. He will be good down the road..played for my optimist club at miramar
Yessir, Tyger ****ens has been getting acclimated into the system throughout the season, he's getting great experience this year. In all actuality he should be playing JV right now but is good enough to start vs 5A Dade ball. By this time next year his Sophomore season he'll be a much better QB.

Terrell Torrence transferred to Gully Prep right before the season & we had to scramble to get 2 kids from North Miami to replace him on the OL & they're both 21 kids who hadn't really started before this season. Plus our run game isn't as good as it's been in the past because we stick with the RB by committee with Andre Stringfield & Nathaniel Noel, but String is slow & doesn't have game breaking ability.

We'll still run the table in 5A though & win states.

Advertisement
Lowndes county is a South Georgia powerhouse football program in the state so it’s not like northwestern lost to scrubs but it’s still a bit disappointing to see that lopsided of a score along with the rest of dade county schools struggling this year
Yea they been stacked going back to the days when they had Greg Reid and Telvin Smith

Just read a stat that Lowndes is 8 - 0 against Florida teams since McPherson took over Lowndes in the early 2000s.

Either way, Lowndes isn't beating Marietta or Grayson. I will take McEachern over Lowndes as well.
Nah McEachern can't beat Lowndes.

Advertisement

There is terrible high school coaching as all the coaches are volunteers not being paid. Add to it the talent in Dade is starting to spread out a bit.

Broward ha slightly better coaching.. But mnw shouldn't have scheduled a national schedule this year knowing their talent on that team is young. They just played IMG as well who is a better team than lowndes and played them tougher.
I know we HAD the best youth talent in the nation, but do we still? I'm 305 through and through but am involved in GA HS football for years now. I really want to believe you. Grew up not far from the U.
The coaching part, I 100% agree with you. The wages they pay HS coaches (teachers) in South FL is absurd relevant to cost of living. Coordinators in GA tend to make a lot more than HCs in Dade. Heck, a HC from down there could come up here as a position coach and get a pay raise. Ridiculous!
My concern now when watching the kids from Miami is that I think they have in their minds that they have some kind of Miami magical powers and these kids up here are supposed to fold. Their predecessors EARNED their putting fear into opponents. For years I watched the 305 kids and across the board they really were tougher kids. I'm sorry to say I don't see that right now. Down year or two and it will come back? Y'all tell me.

But this is part of the problem with kids bolting as freshmen/sophomores. They get very low quality coaching in HS, so they need to be developed in college. Development takes time. Kids need to understand that coming in and understand that they may have to wait a bit for their shot.

Advertisement
Last night Lowdnes brute strength beat MNW speed.

Those are some country strong young men from Georgia

Go Canes

MNW just came up here to GA and got their *** spanked....nothing more....nothing less! Here is a video highlights from some guy:

Advertisement
Back