MNW vs Lowndes Co

Brantley did a nice job of working the middle but they just couldn't get the ball to him. Brinson has length and speed you need on the outside. Flemmings speed and athleticism is obvious. Special kids. Burns did good too.

Advertisement
Coaching in Dade (aside from a few) has been a joke since forever....

This I know. The one thing that's become abundantly clear the last decade or two, the talent gap doesn't hold out like it used to. These other schools are killing it in the strength and nutrition department. S. Florida kids are so far behind that entering college, it isn't even funny. Makes evaluations tougher than it ever was.

THe raw talent is still good down here, but other areas are catching up. And they’re actually building and developing teams whereas the S Florida mercenaries are transferring every year and create zero team or local pride. They’re solely concerned with securing bags and living off the dying reputation of S Florida playing the best football in the country.

Tough to build good teams this way, and that’s especially true when the coaches, for the most part, are guttersnipes.

I know we HAD the best youth talent in the nation, but do we still? I'm 305 through and through but am involved in GA HS football for years now. I really want to believe you. Grew up not far from the U.
The coaching part, I 100% agree with you. The wages they pay HS coaches (teachers) in South FL is absurd relevant to cost of living. Coordinators in GA tend to make a lot more than HCs in Dade. Heck, a HC from down there could come up here as a position coach and get a pay raise. Ridiculous!
My concern now when watching the kids from Miami is that I think they have in their minds that they have some kind of Miami magical powers and these kids up here are supposed to fold. Their predecessors EARNED their putting fear into opponents. For years I watched the 305 kids and across the board they really were tougher kids. I'm sorry to say I don't see that right now. Down year or two and it will come back? Y'all tell me.

Yes its a fact. Most of our youth football programs steamroll other states. Still remember ft Lauderdale hurricanes canes team from 2years ago having running clocks on other states powerhouse teams..from cali\texas.

This year was a down year but s.fla teams still been showing well against OOS.

Advertisement
Yes its a fact. Most of our youth football programs steamroll other states. Still remember ft Lauderdale hurricanes canes team from 2years ago having running clocks on other states powerhouse teams..from cali\texas.

I remember Snoop's team getting pasted. That was great

THe raw talent is still good down here, but other areas are catching up. And they’re actually building and developing teams whereas the S Florida mercenaries are transferring every year and create zero team or local pride. They’re solely concerned with securing bags and living off the dying reputation of S Florida playing the best football in the country.

Tough to build good teams this way, and that’s especially true when the coaches, for the most part, are guttersnipes.
Well said my brother. 💯

Coaching matters.

You would think we would know... losing to the Dukes, GTs and UVAs of the world

Some team from South Florida came up to Maryland and got dominated...can't remember who the teams were. I was quite surprised.

Advertisement
Some team from South Florida came up to Maryland and got dominated...can't remember who the teams were. I was quite surprised.

Yea the Maryland team was coached by my former college teammate and had kids a year or so older.

It was a "solid" s.fla youth team to good going against basically MDS best

It's High school football, sh*t happens.

We got a Freshman QB & young OL, plus we weren't able to replenish the pass rush from last year.

We're still going to 3peat & win states again this year. The only teams that beat us are powerhouses loaded with D1 talent.

It also doesn’t help that the dumbass HC changes offensive coordinators like water.

He has a dude calling plays that’s never ever called plays before. HC is an idiot and drunk on the power of winning two state titles that talent brought him...not coaching.

But this is part of the problem with kids bolting as freshmen/sophomores. They get very low quality coaching in HS, so they need to be developed in college. Development takes time. Kids need to understand that coming in and understand that they may have to wait a bit for their shot.

You’re clueless

Advertisement
Y'all gotta get those youth leagues right again down there. These kids up here stay together from elementary school forward.
Dade kids used to almost always be badass compared with OOS opponents. Also, more athletic. Now, I'm not so sure.
We've been seeing this on the field for UM for years now!

We've been seeing this on the field for UM for years now!
I'm from there but have lived in GA for a good while now. I really wonder what it's like in Dade now. Seems like more than anything, these kids don't have an edge about them. I used to watch Miami teams Out Tough opponents. I miss that.

Advertisement
I'm from there but have lived in GA for a good while now. I really wonder what it's like in Dade now. Seems like more than anything, these kids don't have an edge about them. I used to watch Miami teams Out Tough opponents. I miss that.

It has been talked about a bunch here. the growing sentiment is that the culture promotes this lack of edge. With the prominence of handlers/hanger ons, these kids are put on a pedestal since they are in pop warner. Can you imagine what a kid's psyche is like when his hangerons are pimping him, telling him he's the greatest, going to highest bidder, transferring schools, etc since they are pre-tweens? You get what we're seeing now - many kids wilt/fold, some kids complain/transfer, others just think they roll out their 305 creds and folks will automatically fold in front of them. That is no longer the case.

Dade is real down this year. Trinity (FL) is also smoking Carol City.
The trench play in Dade this year is killing us. Even Central is struggling in the trenches this year. A lot of these teams are pounding us on the LOS.

Advertisement
Back