MLB draft

Advertisement
In the novelty section of the draft, the Red Sox just selected Feleipe Franks to end the 31st Round

Could you please admit that you learned that baseball players don’t come through AFTER regular students? That they make their decisions as sophomores and juniors? I need to feel as though I made some progress.

You haven't made any progress since second grade.

There is no such thing as "coming through". It doesn't matter if a baseball player's "dream school" is Miami and it is his desperate desire to attend UM. Admissions doesn't admit until senior year of HS, and merit-based scholarships are not awarded based on a "first-come-first-served" basis.

Just go back and read the comments that Lance and others have made regarding our UPCOMING class (to enroll in 2019). It is not yet set. We may yet drop certain players. We have NO IDEA on what our full 2019 signing class is going to look like at August enrollment, and it is JUNE.

You are truly clueless as to how Miami gives out merit-based scholarships, as well as equivalency-sports scholarships.

But you are going to try to keep changing the subject until I lose patience and/or interest and I stop exposing your ignorance with my posts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You haven't made any progress since second grade.

There is no such thing as "coming through". It doesn't matter if a baseball player's "dream school" is Miami and it is his desperate desire to attend UM. Admissions doesn't admit until senior year of HS, and scholarships are not awarded based on a "first-come-first-served" basis.

Just go back and read the comments that Lance and others have made regarding our UPCOMING class (to enroll in 2019). It is not yet set. We may yet drop certain players. We have NO IDEA on what our full 2019 signing class is going to look like at August enrollment, and it is JUNE.

You are truly clueless as to how Miami gives out merit-based scholarships, as well as equivalency-sports scholarships.

But you are going to try to keep changing the subject until I lose patience and/or interest and I stop exposing your ignorance with my posts.
Get him

Jagr is correct. I've worked with players in the area a lot in the past and my little brother was a recruited baseball player. Prior to grad school I thought I might go the scout route and worked in the summer leagues with the placement of players for both college and pro baseball (have a kid as an up-and-down major leaguer and I'm sure you can guess what school he went to).

The transcripts and admissions questions are generally answered prior to the commitment being accepted since college baseball is very different from other sports in that there is an unspoken agreement not to recruit committed players in that sport. Coaches get a bad rep very quickly if they're caught actively recruiting committed players in college baseball. It's why you almost always see a kid decommit if he's thinking about other schools and wants to have open communication.

No, Lance, Jagr is INCORRECT, because (as per usual) he has changed the subject from THE AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIPS to the mere admissions process.

I have NEVER said that "transcripts and admissions questions" are not answered earlier. In fact, in another post I actually acknowledged that. But players are NOT ADMITTED two years in advance, as Jagr implies, nor are they awarded merit-based scholarship money simply because they are "on the radar" earlier than other students.

Lance, your writing is very gifted from an analytical standpoint. Don't fall for this guy's nonsense. Nobody has argued that baseball players are not able to get some academic guidance earlier, only that the UNCERTAINTY of their decision-making timelines may preclude them from some or all consideration for NON-ATHLETIC scholarship money.

Again, admissions and merit-based scholarship awards are separate issues.

Jagr is NOT correct.

So you are confusing "timeline" and "job responsibility". Keep up the buffoonery.

"Admissions" and "Scholarships" are still two different things. Handled by two different sets of people at UM.

There is a zero-point-zero probability that you will admit that you are wrong. But you are, indeed, wrong.

Yeah, you've shown to have such a poor understanding of this that I now celebrate when you call me a buffoon and tell me that I am wrong.

Baseball players get to go through the scholarship vetting process with the very first group of kids that are accepted by the University. This would all go away if you would just admit that your original statement was wrong. You think this is the 70's when baseball players decided in June where they were going. Now, we're getting kids committed as sophomores. But somehow you think they roll in after everyone else when it comes to admissions.

Advertisement
So you are confusing "timeline" and "job responsibility". Keep up the buffoonery.

"Admissions" and "Scholarships" are still two different things. Handled by two different sets of people at UM.

There is a zero-point-zero probability that you will admit that you are wrong. But you are, indeed, wrong.

There is a phrase in Spanish that says: "Spirit of contradiction...." That defines our resident troll to a "T"........

Here is my theory, I was born in NYC and root for the Yankees primarily; however, if the Yankees are not competitive, or in the playoffs, then the Mets become my de facto #2. (The only time I admitted that in a NYC bar some complete stranger came at me with fists raised yelling like a banshee.............)

The troll's team is his almater - Florida. He grew up a Miami fan under Fraser. The troll is like a *** guy who thinks it is wrong to be that way, but just cannot help it.

There is a phrase in Spanish that says: "Spirit of contradiction...." That defines our resident troll to a "T"........

Here is my theory, I was born in NYC and root for the Yankees primarily; however, if the Yankees are not competitive, or in the playoffs, then the Mets become my de facto #2. (The only time I admitted that in a NYC bar some complete stranger came at me with fists raised yelling like a banshee.............)

The troll's team is his almater - Florida. He grew up a Miami fan under Fraser. The troll is like a *** guy who thinks it is wrong to be that way, but just cannot help it.

You’re proving over and over that you’re really just a piece of sht.

No, Lance, Jagr is INCORRECT, because (as per usual) he has changed the subject from THE AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIPS to the mere admissions process.

I have NEVER said that "transcripts and admissions questions" are not answered earlier. In fact, in another post I actually acknowledged that. But players are NOT ADMITTED two years in advance, as Jagr implies, nor are they awarded merit-based scholarship money simply because they are "on the radar" earlier than other students.

Lance, your writing is very gifted from an analytical standpoint. Don't fall for this guy's nonsense. Nobody has argued that baseball players are not able to get some academic guidance earlier, only that the UNCERTAINTY of their decision-making timelines may preclude them from some or all consideration for NON-ATHLETIC scholarship money.

Again, admissions and merit-based scholarship awards are separate issues.

Jagr is NOT correct.

Way to back off your original statement.

My favorite part about all of this is that he thinks he knows the baseball process because his niece applied to UM. That’s what we’re dealing with.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In unrelated news
e45c845f99a2bd9338e21bb0d4549d007d0af10522e281e7afc134dff231818f.jpg

Advertisement
Back