Mitchell Agude (DE transfer) puts UM in his Top 4 (COMMITS)

People are kidding themselves if they don’t see the talent issue at defensive front seven and it’s not like we have a bunch of number one picks at cornerback, and on offense it’s what you mentioned. We might be OK at wide receiver I think, but Rambo is leaving a huge hole. You can’t discount the impact he had on the offense. He was pulling down some great 50-50 catches. He’s not that easy to replace at all.

Now do we have the talent to win the coastal, we do, with some good coaching and a little luck, but this roster is not without its holes, and I keep repeating, the defensive front seven is thin, both talent wise and depth wise. We get hit with the injury bug and all bets are off.

We have to be clear eyed about the talent situation that Manny Diaz left us with on defense. Having said that, I think a strong fundamental defensive coach likes Steele is going to make a difference and that’s what gives me some hope. Adding experience like Strong just adds more juice to the mix. Those guys on defense are gonna need all the leadership they can get. Because the talent is not world class.

Man I think Steele will do with Manny’s guys what Manny did with D’nofrios guys.

We need bodies though. If we can get solid guys: 2 de, 1-2 dt, 1 mlb, 1-2 Cb it really raises the bar for this defense. If we hit on anyone spectacular lookout.

After 2015, all you heard was how bad the talent was on defense. CIS was wrong then and I think it is wrong now.

Advertisement
Man I think Steele will do with Manny’s guys what Manny did with D’nofrios guys.

We need bodies though. If we can get solid guys: 2 de, 1-2 dt, 1 mlb, 1-2 Cb it really raises the bar for this defense. If we hit on anyone spectacular lookout.

After 2015, all you heard was how bad the talent was on defense. CIS was wrong then and I think it is wrong now.

Believe me, I’m more than hope you’re right. Manny’s system needed super disruptive players on the line, players with well above average talent, and then good fundamental linebacking behind that to clean up the mistakes. We really didn’t have much of either last year, therefore it doesn’t work too well when you don’t have either.

I do think Steele is going to make a huge difference and hopefully the defense next year will surprise me. I still think our talent base is thin on the front seven, with a possible couple of exceptions, and that’s what I think the portal will hopefully answer some needs.

Believe me, I’m more than hope you’re right. Manny’s system needed super disruptive players on the line, players with well above average talent, and then good fundamental linebacking behind that to clean up the mistakes. We really didn’t have much of either last year, therefore it doesn’t work too well when you don’t have either.

I do think Steele is going to make a huge difference and hopefully the defense next year will surprise me. I still think our talent base is thin on the front seven, with a possible couple of exceptions, and that’s what I think the portal will hopefully answer some needs.

Just making us fundamentally sound will make a world of difference.

Guys will grow up fast under Mario’s professionalism and accountability. They will be much sharper on the field. We won’t be the 2001 defense, but I envision a unit that can help this offense take 10-20 point leads in games that were struggles and shootouts last year. Just a solid unit to complement a growing offense and star quarterback. If we find some spectacular play in the guys we bring back, that is just extra gravy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i got a geeling he coming 23 year old guys dont care about moving accross the country. Phillips was better and more talented and bigger, but he came to us broken down physically and need a year to rebuild his body, plus at that time u could not transfer immediately w/o waiver. This guy is no slouch and is ready now and probably better than harvey and williams now.

Advertisement
Girls Panda GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back