Mississippi State

Advertisement
Your 100% correct

Florida got the nod only because of SEC bias and yes IM a firm believer of it

The NCAA gave Mike Martin this as a retirement gift

unfortunately, you're 100% spot on.

where was jim morris' retirement gift last season?

the NCAA is such a corrupt cesspool of scumbags it's not even funny.

Advertisement

It is a much different atmosphere.

Omaha stadium has a capacity of 24,000 and at least 20% of the crowd are Midwesterners who have been attending the World Series for years. The crowd is not loud, but the players are playing in a cavernous space that does not resemble any stadium they played at during the year.

The MSU stadium is quite loud and the stands will be 90% Mississippi State fans. Also, the surrounding area around the stadium is fairly bereft of modern civilization.

I would say that MSU presents a slightly more difficult environment, but both are difficult.

The Committee shafted UM. The indisputable #17 team in the Country should not be facing the #4 RPI team.......... This series will help us during 2020 and 2021, just as missing the tournament helped this team's focus.

Texas State and BYU

TeamRPIRecordSOSQ1 RecordQ2 RecordQ3 RecordQ4 Record
Florida2733-24314-197-25-37-0
BYU4636-171320-212-108-216-3
Texas State5236-20924-48-514-810-3

Quadrant 1 (Q1): All Opponents (1-50)
Quadrant 2 (Q2): All Opponents (51-100)
Quadrant 3 (Q3): All Opponents (101-150)
Quadrant 4 (Q4): All Opponents (151-299)

Advertisement
TeamRPIRecordSOSQ1 RecordQ2 RecordQ3 RecordQ4 Record
Florida2733-24314-197-25-37-0
BYU4636-171320-212-108-216-3
Texas State5236-20924-48-514-810-3

Quadrant 1 (Q1): All Opponents (1-50)
Quadrant 2 (Q2): All Opponents (51-100)
Quadrant 3 (Q3): All Opponents (101-150)
Quadrant 4 (Q4): All Opponents (151-299)

So what you’re saying is the only teams that matter are power 5. Why do the other teams even play? Both of them won their regular season conf titles and got left out. Idc what brand name you are and what conference you play in, if you are under .500 in your league you shouldn’t be allowed in.

You mean I shouldn't already be scouting out Stanford and then Ga Tech for the 1st round of the CWS..or our eventual rematch with Vandy in the 2nd round of the CWS ??

Nah we are all excited because we have a really good team. But we also know. We have had VERY good teams in the past and they didn't make it to OMAHA or past the first round. Or..well they never won the final game, and that's what we are hungry for... 11 SEC Championships, 7 SEC Tournament championships, 33 ncaa regionals, 10 trips to Omaha... twice to the final 4.. once to the big game. but still never won the big one. And this team can do it.

Concerns..as mentioned. Hitting. the last week has been flat. Nothing like some good ole SWAC and ACC pitching to wake up the bats though.
and our middle infield. not a huge concern but they lack the chemistry to turn 2 often.

Exactly.

Reality is reality.

Chris Lemonis is a quality skipper....we shall see on DiMare.

MSU has quite a bit of youth on their squad, but more juniors and seniors than we do.

MSU playing at home is tough even just from an environment stand point, much less the fact they are good.

The $EC competition this year was tougher than the ACC in my estimation. Ordinarily, that is not the case..., but when you consider Ole ****, UGA, L$U, Miss St., Vandy, aTm, UT,Auburn (pre-injuries), Arkansas...all of that with UFag and USC uncharacteristically down...pretty tough just in my opinion.

Can we pull it off? Sure...Are the odds heavily stacked against us? Quite the understatement IMHO unless we pull out some pitching, defense AND bats all at the same time without letting up for stretches. **** like we pulled against UNC where we could have put it away, and then just gave it up, just doesn't give me a whole ton of confidence right now.

This is HUGE test number one for Dimare as a skipper. Can he get these guys up to play great ball in a brutal environment....win or lose.

UM

So what you’re saying is the only teams that matter are power 5.

I didn't say anything. I left a group of statistics (the same ones the committee uses to determine the field) for people to draw their own conclusions.
FYI, P5 is a football term. There is no P5 designation for baseball.

I didn't say anything. I left a group of statistics (the same ones the committee uses to determine the field) for people to draw their own conclusions.
FYI, P5 is a football term. There is no P5 designation for baseball.

Power conference is used to describe baseball as well. How can the committee leave out UK last year for the same thing Florida did this year? They need set in stone guidelines and minimums to make the selection process less subjective. It’s crazy that mid majors play 50+ games just to get ready for the week that will determine their entire season. Consistency is far too often overlooked

Advertisement
How can the committee leave out UK last year for the same thing Florida did this year?

Bubble teams can be stronger or weaker from year to year. I don't think a linear correlation can be made across seasons.

Possibly Florida getting in is personal to you because they are a rival? You haven't mentioned TCU who has lower metrics across the board yet still got in. I've read no mention of "Big 12 bias".
TeamRPIRecordSOSQ1Q2Q3Q4
TCU5932-264512-147-63-310-3

Bubble teams can be stronger or weaker from year to year. I don't think a linear correlation can be made across seasons.

Possibly Florida getting in is personal to you because they are a rival? You haven't mentioned TCU who has lower metrics across the board yet still got in:
TeamRPIRecordSOSQ1Q2Q3Q4

I was only commenting on what you said. TCU getting in was reprehensible, combined with then fact that the committee actually said history played a part in that. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard on selection day. But it does further my “brand” point. That’s the most important metric used by the committee.

Possibly Florida getting in is personal to you because they are a rival? You haven't mentioned TCU who has lower metrics across the board yet still got in. I've read no mention of "Big 12 bias".
TeamRPIRecordSOSQ1Q2Q3Q4

Your bubble teams being linear point holds no water in this case. They word for word said UK got left out bc they were under .500 in conference play. So was UF, but they got in. There was no mention about RPI, SOS, or anything.

Advertisement
They word for word said UK got left out bc they were under .500 in conference play. So was UF, but they got in.

Different seasons with different candidates for the last spots. It was a pretty weak bubble this year. Had UF posted this resume in 2018, they would have likely been left out. If UK had posted that resume in 2019, they would have likely been in.

Different seasons with different candidates for the last spots. It was a pretty weak bubble this year. Had UF posted this resume in 2018, they would have likely been left out. If UK had posted that resume in 2019, they would have likely been in.

I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. A disqualifying conference record should not be based on the year or who posted it.

I’m gonna put this in the simplest form possible. You can’t break up with your girlfriend bc she’s 250 pounds and then date another girl who’s 250, without people questioning you and being confused. You’d be contradicting yourself and lying to your gf

A disqualifying conference record should not be based on the year or who posted it.

The field is not selected in a vacuum. It is affected by the other candidates available in any given year. If you break up with your girlfriend who is 250 because a different girl who weighs 150 is willing to date you, then that is totally reasonable. With the baseball tournament, some years all the bubble candidates are all 250. Other years they vary in weight.

Also, this is an awful analogy. My apologies to anyone here who is lovin on them big girls.

The field is not selected in a vacuum. It is affected by the other candidates available in any given year. If you break up with your girlfriend who is 250 because a different girl who weighs 150 is willing to date you, then that is totally reasonable. With the baseball tournament, some years all the bubble candidates are all 250. Other years they vary in weight.

Also, this is an awful analogy. My apologies to anyone here who is lovin on them big girls.

You still aren’t understanding what I’m saying. Having this be subjective is not fair. It’s based on the name on the jersey. UK didn’t get in bc it was UK. UF got in bc it’s UF.

Yes the bubble wasn’t great this year but this is a drastic 180 from last year. There were other teams who deserved a spot more than Florida, FSU, Duke, and TCU. They got in bc of their conf and the name on the jersey. You can’t have that in college sports. Moving the goal posts only works for the select few that benefit from it. It’s time for actual stipulations to making the tournament. Idk how anyone could be against that

Advertisement
Back