Missing the Golden Years...

Even Golden hiring a DC doesn't help the **** evaluations in recruiting, his horrendous sayings and culture that he created, or the game day management.

Richt is a better recruiter, better motivator, gets more from the administration, better in the community, and the list goes on. His downfalls are his offensive scheme, which was *fine* his first year, limited by Kaaya's lack of mobility. Now, its limited by QB play due to their mental limitations and the OL play.

The QB and OL play still comes back to Richt either way. I'm over the "next year" stuff already but it is what it is. He didn't have much going in recruiting his first signing class and the OL's only recruit was Tre Johnson. So his recruits there are still young. I think we could be in different hands if we had Jack Allison but who knows.

Advertisement
Even Golden hiring a DC doesn't help the **** evaluations in recruiting, his horrendous sayings and culture that he created, or the game day management.

Richt is a better recruiter, better motivator, gets more from the administration, better in the community, and the list goes on. His downfalls are his offensive scheme, which was *fine* his first year, limited by Kaaya's lack of mobility. Now, its limited by QB play due to their mental limitations and the OL play.

The QB and OL play still comes back to Richt either way. I'm over the "next year" stuff already but it is what it is. He didn't have much going in recruiting his first signing class and the OL's only recruit was Tre Johnson. So his recruits there are still young. I think we could be in different hands if we had Jack Allison but who knows.
What is Jack Allison doing these days? Is he playing ball?

Not defending the fat sack of **** that No D is but the defense was Folden's scheme. No D was just a doughboy with play sheets.
It was maddening, that's for sure. I have a feeling that if Richt DID hire an OC, it would be someone doing the same thing Richt wants.

Golden actually attempted to fix the problems.

1. Recuiting- Flopsweat Golden had the foresight to hire Cristobal to be his monster recruiter in the 305 (and improve OL play). Cristobal bailed. What could have been.
Edge: Richt
2. OL- Cristobal would have helped here too, OL play was better than it is now.
Edge: Golden
3. OC- Golden actually lost an OC to the NFL because he was so good
4. WR: both had quality WRs
Edge: Even
5. RB: Duke was one of my favorites. Both coaches had good RBs.
6. TE: Golden had several go to the NFL, Richt is TBD, but current TEs are legit.
7. QB: Rick still using Golden QBs .
8. Defense: If Golden had fired D'No and brought in a real DC, things would have been much different. Still, Diaz is better.
9. Special Teams: Golden by a country mile. ST now are bootycheeks and I expect a disaster every time they are on the field.

Golden wins the coaching showdown 4-2.
Honest to god Golden’s defense was so ******* bad it negates like 30 points for him or how ever you’re charting it

Dude burned recruiting relations to the ground here

Advertisement
tenor.gif
are.gif

Richt is maddening because being "good" gets you fixated on "what could be". We are a competent OC and an increased emphasis on recruiting the OL/DL away from being a very very good football program - and yet so far away because of his OC hangup and stubbornness. Golden was maddening because there was no chance of ever being good or even making significant strides towards being good, along with his lack of ownership and the general feeling that he was in way over his head. Give me Richt all day every day, but I don't see a return to the elite under him, either. And that's a real shame. There are so many coaches who could win big at the University of Miami, IMO.
Your short list please..

Advertisement
LBs? The 3 starters were Golden recruits. McCloud actually decommitted when Golden got fired. Who has Richt brought in that's better? I'll be generous and say it's even (although Golden probably wins) .
DBs: ok, give you that.
DL: Everyone was crying over losing Norton and Mac. Willis is a monster.

Tied 4-4. Where is the 2 million dollar upgrade from Golden to Richt?

Richt won the ACC coastal.

Advertisement
Richt is maddening because being "good" gets you fixated on "what could be". We are a competent OC and an increased emphasis on recruiting the OL/DL away from being a very very good football program - and yet so far away because of his OC hangup and stubbornness. Golden was maddening because there was no chance of ever being good or even making significant strides towards being good, along with his lack of ownership and the general feeling that he was in way over his head. Give me Richt all day every day, but I don't see a return to the elite under him, either. And that's a real shame. There are so many coaches who could win big at the University of Miami, IMO.
Interesting post right here and I agree with you.

Richt is a fringe coach, with moments of fleeting greatness. It can be maddening.

With Golden it was a cancerous deterioration of the program from the practice field to the recruiting grounds.

I’m definitely frustrated with Richt but it’s not even a comparison

Golden actually attempted to fix the problems.

1. Recuiting- Flopsweat Golden had the foresight to hire Cristobal to be his monster recruiter in the 305 (and improve OL play). Cristobal bailed. What could have been.
2. OL- Cristobal would have helped here too, OL play was better than it is now.
3. OC- Golden actually lost an OC to the NFL because he was so good
4. WR: both had quality WRs
5. RB: Duke was one of my favorites. Both coaches had good RBs.
6. TE: Golden had several go to the NFL, Richt is TBD, but current TEs are legit.
7. QB: Rick still using Golden QBs .
8. Defense: If Golden had fired D'No and brought in a real DC, things would have been much different. Still, Diaz is better.
9. Special Teams: Golden by a country mile. ST now are bootycheeks and I expect a disaster every time they are on the field.

Golden wins the coaching showdown 4-2.
I ****** love the word bootycheeks

LBs? The 3 starters were Golden recruits. McCloud actually decommitted when Golden got fired. Who has Richt brought in that's better? I'll be generous and say it's even (although Golden probably wins) .
DBs: ok, give you that.
DL: Everyone was crying over losing Norton and Mac. Willis is a monster.

Tied 4-4. Where is the 2 million dollar upgrade from Golden to Richt?
I may be a sucker but you can't be serious. Right?? Richt has more wins in his first 2.5 seasons than golden had in his first four. And oh yeah he beat ND, FSU 2x and VTech. Did golden do that. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Advertisement
I'd love to my friend but that would be a violation of my restraining order. And then it's back to the pokey for @Cane Dynasty !
Restraining orders are for a one year duration... don't tell me that you camped out again recently under his bedroom window...SOB... should have PM'ed me so I could assist ya.

Advertisement
Back