Missing the Golden Years...

Advertisement
Golden actually attempted to fix the problems.

1. Recuiting- Flopsweat Golden had the foresight to hire Cristobal to be his monster recruiter in the 305 (and improve OL play). Cristobal bailed. What could have been.
Edge: Richt
2. OL- Cristobal would have helped here too, OL play was better than it is now.
Edge: Golden
3. OC- Golden actually lost an OC to the NFL because he was so good
4. WR: both had quality WRs
Edge: Even
5. RB: Duke was one of my favorites. Both coaches had good RBs.
6. TE: Golden had several go to the NFL, Richt is TBD, but current TEs are legit.
7. QB: Rick still using Golden QBs .
8. Defense: If Golden had fired D'No and brought in a real DC, things would have been much different. Still, Diaz is better.
9. Special Teams: Golden by a country mile. ST now are bootycheeks and I expect a disaster every time they are on the field.

Golden wins the coaching showdown 4-2.

Last edited:

1. Recuiting- Flopsweat Golden had the foresight to hire Cristobal to be his monster recruiter in the 305 (and improve OL play). Cristobal bailed. What could have been.
5. TE: Golden had several go to the NFL, Richt is TBD, but current TEs are legit.
4. QB: Rick still using Golden QBs .
5. Defense: If Golden had fired D'No and brought in a real DC, things would have been much different. Still, Diaz is better.
6. Special Teams: Golden by a country mile. ST now are bootycheeks and I expect a disaster every time they are on the field.

Lol, fuzzy GWB math right there. DL-Richt LBs-Richt, DBs-Richt Richt wins 5-4.

Lol, fuzzy GWB math right there. DL-Richt LBs-Richt, DBs-Richt Richt wins 5-4.

LBs? The 3 starters were Golden recruits. McCloud actually decommitted when Golden got fired. Who has Richt brought in that's better? I'll be generous and say it's even (although Golden probably wins) .
DBs: ok, give you that.
DL: Everyone was crying over losing Norton and Mac. Willis is a monster.

Tied 4-4. Where is the 2 million dollar upgrade from Golden to Richt?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden would have been fine had he hired Diaz. The man did a lot right, but he often whiffed on top D talent because who wanted to play in that D? I'm actually surprised he got as much D talent as he did. Golden's fatal flaw was his loyalty to a horrific fit at DC. Richt's is the exact same, except it's loyalty to himself.

If Richt would just hire an OC he could be spared all of this. Just like had Golden fired No D and implemented a real D he would more than likely still be employed here.

Now I know the fan base has lost its mind. Al ****** Golden is the worst HC ever in the history of football and we have ****heads who defend him. This is why I have avoided this place since last Saturday. He will forever be the skid mark on Miami football. Sad.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I can't even take this serious. This must be sarcasm from some of the porsters here, right?

Sure friggin hope so. CMR may be ******** up some but to compare him to Folden is borderline retarded.

6. TE: Golden had several go to the NFL, Richt is TBD, but current TEs are legit.
8. Defense: If Golden had fired D'No and brought in a real DC, things would have been much different. Still, Diaz is better.
9. Special Teams: Golden by a country mile. ST now are bootycheeks and I expect a disaster every time they are on the field.

Stop.

Richt already has more wins than Golden had in three full seasons.

Advertisement
Golden would have been fine had he hired Diaz. The man did a lot right, but he often whiffed on top D talent because who wanted to play in that D? I'm actually surprised he got as much D talent as he did. Golden's fatal flaw was his loyalty to a horrific fit at DC. Richt's is the exact same, except it's loyalty to himself.

If Richt would just hire an OC he could be spared all of this. Just like had Golden fired No D and implemented a real D he would more than likely still be employed here.
Not defending the fat sack of **** that No D is but the defense was Folden's scheme. No D was just a doughboy with play sheets.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Lmao at Al Golden's son posting in here.

We missed a somewhat important thing: wins and losses. Edge: everyone other than Fat Sweaty Al Folden.

Whatever Richtirement dumps into his Depends at tonight's bingo game is still a better coach than that repulsive slob. Al Golden was a disgrace as a coach and a man.

Stop.

Richt already has more wins than Golden had in three full seasons.
And won a bowl game, and won the coastal, and had us #2 in the nation. The anti-Richt stuff has officially jumped the shark at CIS.

Last edited:
Richt is maddening because being "good" gets you fixated on "what could be". We are a competent OC and an increased emphasis on recruiting the OL/DL away from being a very very good football program - and yet so far away because of his OC hangup and stubbornness. Golden was maddening because there was no chance of ever being good or even making significant strides towards being good, along with his lack of ownership and the general feeling that he was in way over his head. Give me Richt all day every day, but I don't see a return to the elite under him, either. And that's a real shame. There are so many coaches who could win big at the University of Miami, IMO.

Advertisement
Back