Miss this place.

What did CashMohnaay get banned for?
79638BDF-126C-4D1D-9831-722BF26BDD60.gif

Advertisement
This premise assumes you can only have a great fan experience OR a winning team. Which has no basis in fact. The assumption that Miami’s football team would be better if they somehow played in a ****tier stadium is ridiculous. Once again, maybe you missed the last few years at the Orange Bowl but those teams were far worse than what we have today. You can rightly question the university’s prior financial commitment to winning. There’s no doubt they were trying to nickel and dime the football program while the rest of college football was upping their spending but today, in 2021, they’re not pinching pennies. They’ve upped spending on staff and on campus facilities all while fans have enjoyed significantly better game day atmosphere. While spending significantly more money to do so. My general admission west end zone season tickets were roughly 1/3 the cost of my west end zone seats at HRS. Teams make money by offering a premium experience for a premium price. The $15 bleacher tickets don’t really pay the bills.

Edit: and I took the bait hook line and sinker
While it's true that the program's slide had already begun before the move to HRS, the school is now in a great spot to continue maintaining this facade of being interested in competing for titles. UM's top priority is for families to enjoy themselves on gameday, and that makes fine business sense, but there's no pressure to field a winning program when their target audience will gladly fork over money so they can spend 8 months fantasizing about this year's tailgate setup despite the yearly 7-5 record. We'll never get out of this rut because people will show up and tailgate whether we're 15-0 or 0-15. The program and its fans are on cruise control and there's no end in sight. Sorry for the doom and gloom.

Yep. Orioles for me as well for the same reason.

Short story. When I was 10-11 years old, my 2 uncles used to park cars at Miami Stadium. I’d go with them and shag balls that we’re hit out of the park. The stadium was fenced in and the local kids would cut holes in it to try and get those balls. I’d have to run my *** off to beat them to it. To this day, I credit those kids with helping me run as fast as I could.
You're a true Magic City G. That's why your my homeboy....

Advertisement
It's funny you mention the 89 Notre Dame game. The first game I remember watching on tv was the 88 Orange Bowl. Little me started going to games with my dad and grandfather around the 1988 Missouri and Wisconsin homestand, right before the game at ND. And in 1989 I went to the 3 or 4 home games leading up to the ND game. But I didn't go to the ND game. And I remember watching on tv and the atmosphere being crazy and jokingly feeling left out.

It's funny you mention the 89 Notre Dame game. The first game I remember watching on tv was the 88 Orange Bowl. Little me started going to games with my dad and grandfather around the 1988 Missouri and Wisconsin homestand, right before the game at ND. And in 1989 I went to the 3 or 4 home games leading up to the ND game. But I didn't go to the ND game. And I remember watching on tv and the atmosphere being crazy and jokingly feeling left out.
Same exact story here. The ND game was on my 8th bday but pops could not procure tix smh.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That paled in comparison to ND vs UM in 89....Total Madness for 3+ hrs...

I've never seen a stadium environment like I did at the 1989 notre dame game in the OB. That environment was the most insane Ive ever seen. Most people dont realize this but there were a ton of counterfeit tickets on the street and the game was a sellout. So there were way more people in the stadium than there were seats. The aisles were packed with people all game long. Surreal scene.

Watch the TV broadcast, right before the game starts they do the quick Q&A with coach Lou Holtz. The first thing he said to (I wanna say) John Dockery was, "You ever see a crowd like this before?" Holtz knew what was about to go down that night.

I've never seen a stadium environment like I did at the 1989 notre dame game in the OB. That environment was the most insane Ive ever seen. Most people dont realize this but there were a ton of counterfeit tickets on the street and the game was a sellout. So there were way more people in the stadium than there were seats. The aisles were packed with people all game long. Surreal scene.

Watch the TV broadcast, right before the game starts they do the quick Q&A with coach Lou Holtz. The first thing he said to (I wanna say) John Dockery was, "You ever see a crowd like this before?" Holtz knew what was about to go down that night.
I was there....I drove 12hrs from the Panhandle (FWB) to go....I have NEVER heard an OB Crowd that Loud for an entire game...regardless if it was UM...Dolphins..or any other event...You literally could not hear yourself think...Holtz even said he never heard anything like it....Now Carlos Jones Pick 6 against FSU in 94 was the Loudest moment I've ever heard at the OB....But for an entire game...UM vs ND in 89 is #1...and honestly...not even close...

Advertisement
The city was putting up most of the money. FIU wanted a joint stadium and asked UM to chip in for an extra 20-25k seats. Shalala said NO!
Why would Miami pay for additional seats, when the stadium was oversized to begin with? Miami, nor FIU was going to fill an 85,000+ seat facility. If the facility was going to be saved, seating capacity would have been REDUCED, NOT RAISED.

The whole genesis of your poorly reasoned theory is utterly implausible. Never mind the fact that FIU was deep into fundraising for an on campus stadium when the OB was torn down. Miami was not going to contribute one dime to a facility that needed hundreds of millions of dollars of work, especially if the City insisted on onerous lease terms. They gave Miami a poison pill, all to clear the way for Marlins Stadium.

Why would Miami pay for additional seats, when the stadium was oversized to begin with? Miami, nor FIU was going to fill an 85,000+ seat facility. If the facility was going to be saved, seating capacity would have been REDUCED, NOT RAISED.

The whole genesis of your poorly reasoned theory is utterly implausible. Never mind the fact that FIU was deep into fundraising for an on campus stadium when the OB was torn down. Miami was not going to contribute one dime to a facility that needed hundreds of millions of dollars of work, especially if the City insisted on onerous lease terms. They gave Miami a poison pill, all to clear the way for Marlins Stadium.
Man hush! You keep making up **** as you go! Fiu stadium holds a little over 20k, and they asked UM to chip in for another 20-25k seats! I'm talking facts whereas you're trying to pass your opinion off as facts! Just hush!

Last edited:
Man hush! You keep making up **** as you go! Fiu stadium holds a little over 20k, and they asked UM to chip in for another 20-25k seats! I'm talking facts whereas you're trying to pass your opinion off as facts! Just hush!

The Orange Bowl seated well over 60,000 at the time of demolition. If Miami and FIU were to share the OB(Which Miami was probably not keen on, because FIU's needs and UMiami's needs are totally different, and FIU had already started renovating their ON CAMPUS FACILITY by that point), why would FIU want 20,000 more seats than what the OB held, when they struggle to fill a glorified HS Stadium? Why would UMiami agree to play on FIU's campus, in a **** poor facility, when they could play in a superior facility that wasn't on some random commuter school's campus?

Again, your premise doesn't pass the sniff test. You claim to be stating facts, but you can't prove any of the nonsense you've stated. Then again, I'm not shocked that you would be flapping about something you have no knowledge of. The City of Miami had a plan, as soon as it became obvious that the Marlins wanted that site(and had greased the palms of the proper people), the City did everything possible to move UMiami out, which included offering a deal that no rational organization would accept.

Advertisement
My favorite game, and this is maybe a strange one, is that 1992 Arizona game. That last field goal attempt was so intense. It was a 51 yard field goal but the kicker had a strong leg and had the wind at his back. The kick barely missed to the right. And our seats were on the Canes 32 yard line by the west end zone. It literally looked like the kick was right down the middle. When I realized it was no good that was such a relief. We had to play FSU and PSU the next 2 weeks. Who would've known at the time that Arizona was a really good team. Their kicker cost them 3 games that year.

If y
The Orange Bowl seated well over 60,000 at the time of demolition. If Miami and FIU were to share the OB(Which Miami was probably not keen on, because FIU's needs and UMiami's needs are totally different, and FIU had already started renovating their ON CAMPUS FACILITY by that point), why would FIU want 20,000 more seats than what the OB held, when they struggle to fill a glorified HS Stadium? Why would UMiami agree to play on FIU's campus, in a **** poor facility, when they could play in a superior facility that wasn't on some random commuter school's campus?

Again, your premise doesn't pass the sniff test. You claim to be stating facts, but you can't prove any of the nonsense you've stated. Then again, I'm not shocked that you would be flapping about something you have no knowledge of. The City of Miami had a plan, as soon as it became obvious that the Marlins wanted that site(and had greased the palms of the proper people), the City did everything possible to move UMiami out, which included offering a deal that no rational organization would accept.
I'm telling you what I read whereas you're simply making assumptions. I didn't say anything about FIU and UM sharing the OB. FIU offered to partner up with UM on their stadium, and all those astronomical figures regarding renovations for the OB are false! You sure you graduated from UM or just Miami Central?

If y

I'm telling you what I read whereas you're simply making assumptions. I didn't say anything about FIU and UM sharing the OB. FIU offered to partner up with UM on their stadium, and all those astronomical figures regarding renovations for the OB are false! You sure you graduated from UM or just Miami Central?
Partner up where? Miami's options were either have the OB renovated, where the estimates all were over 9 figures or move to Hard Rock. Miami wasn't going to pay to build a totally new stadium, and FIU was already renovating their on campus facility, which means that they were most likely staying there. Either you have an issue with reading comprehension, or are a poor excuse of a troll.

Maybe you shouldn't lie about reading something, because nothing you've stated makes any sort of sense. It flies in the face of basic economics and logic. FIU had a facility on campus that they were renovating. Why would Miami choose to play on another schools campus, permanently? Why would FIU expect Miami to pay for upgrades to a facility on the FIU campus? Why would FIU spend millions to renovate a facility, just to move to another facility that doesn't fit their needs?

Partner up where? Miami's options were either have the OB renovated, where the estimates all were over 9 figures or move to Hard Rock. Miami wasn't going to pay to build a totally new stadium, and FIU was already renovating their on campus facility, which means that they were most likely staying there. Either you have an issue with reading comprehension, or are a poor excuse of a troll.

Maybe you shouldn't lie about reading something, because nothing you've stated makes any sort of sense. It flies in the face of basic economics and logic. FIU had a facility on campus that they were renovating. Why would Miami choose to play on another schools campus, permanently? Why would FIU expect Miami to pay for upgrades to a facility on the FIU campus? Why would FIU spend millions to renovate a facility, just to move to another facility that doesn't fit their needs?
We already had one clown claim he was on some type of committee until he got ***** slapped with facts, now here you go. You keep talking on behalf of Shalala and UM as if you're a trustee or a member of Miami's city council. Again, everything you posted so far is your own personal opinion. You keep digging you'll find the articles I read. Take that troll mess somewhere else.

Advertisement
Back