Miss this place.

My favorite game, and this is maybe a strange one, is that 1992 Arizona game. That last field goal attempt was so intense. It was a 51 yard field goal but the kicker had a strong leg and had the wind at his back. The kick barely missed to the right. And our seats were on the Canes 32 yard line by the west end zone. It literally looked like the kick was right down the middle. When I realized it was no good that was such a relief. We had to play FSU and PSU the next 2 weeks. Who would've known at the time that Arizona was a really good team. Their kicker cost them 3 games that year.
I had to miss that one. Personal fav is tough to choose but 91 PSU was two tons of fun.

Advertisement
I too list 1991 PSU as one of my favorites. It’s so funny because I was at the game but due to a court case television coverage switched from the game to that court case during the time that Kevin Williams had a 91 yard punt return TD and Horace Copeland caught an 80 yard TD. Both those plays are nowhere to be found it seems. The roar of the crowd during those plays was incredible.
And that last stop we made on their final drive was kind of suspenseful.

That reminded me of one of my favorite plays ever. In 1991 against SDSU Kevin Williams caught a punt at like the 10 yard line. But he bobbled it and it bounced by like almost every player before Williams picked it up out of nowhere and took it almost 100 yards to the SDSU 2 yard line. I think we turned it over and didn’t score. But on SDSU’s 1st play Darryl Williams got one of the most impressive pick 6’s I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:
More evidence that we need our own digs

092920211310_l.jpg

Advertisement
If you think it was Donna Shalala's fault there's no OB anymore, I have to assume you have the intelligence of a goldfish.

I was on the student committee evaluating stadium options. Here is a FACT for you. The city of Miami wanted the University of Miami to contribute $500 million to save the OB. At the time, the endowment for The U was roughly $700 million. It would have been an absolutely, beyond idiotic financial move, almost as dumb as this comment.

Maybe, just maybe, try educating yourself before having such an asinine opinion?

It was not Donna. It was Mayor Manny and the City Commission. You are correct. Donna tried everything. Everything. She tried Tropical Park, she tried a shared stadium approach with FIU, etc. FIU wanted its own stadium.

City of Miami had the money from the General Obligation Fund. And they refused.

Say what you will, but the seating and amenities are much better than bleachers and food trucks.

It was not Donna. It was Mayor Manny and the City Commission. You are correct. Donna tried everything. Everything. She tried Tropical Park, she tried a shared stadium approach with FIU, etc. FIU wanted its own stadium.

City of Miami had the money from the General Obligation Fund. And they refused.
Nobody wants to address the corrupt politicians of Miami then, drooling and ogling to line their own pockets, and had no loyalty to things “Miami.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back