Miss this place.

Advertisement
Mad Dog Jim Mandich quote about Marlins stadium “ HUGE MOONDOGAL”

Kick backs of epic proportions.

Marlins can play at the U and have 2,500 sets left LOLOLOL
They couldn’t even fill up the heat arena man. No offense to baseball fans here but no one gives af about the Marlins. I wish they’d just move cities and somehow we’d get access to that property

They couldn’t even fill up the heat arena man. No offense to baseball fans here but no one gives af about the Marlins. I wish they’d just move cities and somehow we’d get access to that property
I bet we’re still being taxed for this waist for that mess

Absolutely Shameful....UM had a 89% Winning percentage at the OB from 1980 till 2007....By far the Best home field advantage in all of CFB...
A lot of good times were had there. Although, I feel like I've been spoiled by Hard Rock Stadium after the renovations.

Advertisement
If you think it was Donna Shalala's fault there's no OB anymore, I have to assume you have the intelligence of a goldfish.

I was on the student committee evaluating stadium options. Here is a FACT for you. The city of Miami wanted the University of Miami to contribute $500 million to save the OB. At the time, the endowment for The U was roughly $700 million. It would have been an absolutely, beyond idiotic financial move, almost as dumb as this comment.

Maybe, just maybe, try educating yourself before having such an asinine opinion?

This. Blame the city and the politicians. Shalala? Lol, cmon man.

Even if your story was true(Which it isn't) tell me where that 30 million dollars was coming from. Sure as **** wasn't coming from blowhards like yourself. I know it's shocking, you can't just pull funds from the endowment like you pull from your checking account.

The OB needed hundreds of millions of dollars in renovations, that number you quoted is a miniscule fraction of that. Why would they ask for such a small number? Oh that's right, because they never did.
You think Miami is broke lol??!! That ***** said time and time again that she would build a new science building before she wasted money on a stadium! Truth!

The city had multiple chances to upgrade and repair the stadium over the years and decided to just let it fall apart. I’m pretty positive that it was nowhere near up to code by the time UM played it’s final games there. It would have ended up like that condo in Sunny Isles except a thousand times worse.

Uh yeah....you remember that little grill in the SW corner of the WEZ, the only stand that had a f'ing chicken sandwich on the menu? I'll never forget I was in line to order my **** chicken sandwich and some guy that was leaning over the railing in the upper deck FELL TO HIS ******* DEATH on the ramp right by that chicken sandwich stand. Homeboy is lying dead in a pool of blood about 30 feet from me and people are scrambling anywhere......but nobody got out of that God **** line to get their chicken sandwich.

That was either the next to last home game, or 2 games before the last home game.

This. Blame the city and the politicians. Shalala? Lol, cmon man.
She's responsible dude. I ain't making this isht up! I was shocked when I read this stuff. She told the trustees when she first got hired that she didn't like the fact that the football program was bigger than the school itself, and she vowed to do something about it...AND SHE DID!

Advertisement
Even if your story was true(Which it isn't) tell me where that 30 million dollars was coming from. Sure as **** wasn't coming from blowhards like yourself. I know it's shocking, you can't just pull funds from the endowment like you pull from your checking account.

The OB needed hundreds of millions of dollars in renovations, that number you quoted is a miniscule fraction of that. Why would they ask for such a small number? Oh that's right, because they never did.
The city was putting up most of the money. FIU wanted a joint stadium and asked UM to chip in for an extra 20-25k seats. Shalala said NO!

Can't believe yall taking up for this little witch! Notice we didn't start going downhill til after she took over??!! We won our last title when she first got hired, and we been sukk'n ever since! We gettin' our azzez kicked by FIU and yall trust to talk about how great this bych is? Gtfoh!!!

Can't believe yall taking up for this little witch! Notice we didn't start going downhill til after she took over??!! We won our last title when she first got hired, and we been sukk'n ever since! We gettin' our azzez kicked by FIU and yall trust to talk about how great this bych is? Gtfoh!!!
She's been gone for like 6 years now.

Frenk was president when they lost to FIU

Advertisement
We gave up our season tickets after the 2002 season After my grandfather passed away. I was at the 2002 Virginia Tech game and who would’ve thought that would be the last season UM went undefeated at home. UM hasn’t gone undefeated at home since. In 2017 there was the Wisconsin OB loss. We’ve gone 8-0 at home twice (87-88) with an OB win.

I’m still wondering if the Canes will ever go a season undefeated at home at Hard Rock.

HRS is great but the place has so many frills that it doesn't always feel quite like a college football venue, and it needs to be packed with liquored-up Kendall chicos at night for it to feel anything like the OB. The university followed the Dolphins blueprint of prioritizing the fan experience over winning. Still holding out hope that they will one day bulldoze half of Tropical Park and build a 50k seat stadium. The other wet dream is to one day move into a renovated Marlins Park.

Advertisement
A true Miami sports fan (and I’m a 3rd generation Miamian who isn’t that young) doesn’t care one whiff about the Marlins, Heat, and Panthers. The only thing that matters are the Dolphins and Canes.
Demolish Marlins Park and bring back the Canes.

Man you all have lived the life I can never have being at the OB for Miami games. Sure I have seen a ton on TV but to actually be there was something I am sure you all will have in your mental safe. I have only seen Miami once in person and that was in '03 when they played LaTech in Shreveport but I would trade that experience in a heartbeat for an OB game, even if was against a scrub team.

im only 25 and was only able to go to 1 game in the OB. 03 vs Tennessee.

we lost but i wouldnt trade that experience for everything. I was 7 or 8 years old and from that day on I knew id be a Cane for life.

I also remember the county turned down approving a budget to improve the OB and of course Fins we’re gone so the commissioner’s couldn’t get there alleged kick backs to the level they were accustom to they would only allow painting .

Does any of you old folks remember concrete pieces falling I do and the dripping water pipes wondering if it was a urine pipe.

Now there’s BILLION dollar stadium waisted site for 1500 baseball fans .

Sad

GOCANES
As a teenager, I roamed the bowels of that grand old lady many times but don't recall falling concrete or leaking pipes although I heard stories of it after my father retired.

Advertisement
Back