Mirrored Concepts

Cmr needs a mirror for those 5 plays to work.find out what is the preferred one.please don't say mirror mirror on the wall.tell cmr shrek and all fairytales are fantasy and not real

Advertisement
I repeat, how do you know Coach Richt hasn't placed an emphasis on OL recruiting?

Via social media, the Herd has declared war on Richt and the UM football program. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Herd is mooing that Mark Richt should be fired, knows nothing about football and will never win a championship, and those are the nice things being said about the man.

The Herd is in the midst of burning the program to the ground. Even after the two most recent wins, the Herd would have none of it and even raised the volume and venom of said attacks.

And the most cowardly aspect of this execution is the Herd is a major reason that recruits are running from the program yet with a special kind of cowardice in unison they say that their actions don't play a role in this situation...simply unbelievable!

Ahhhhhh, it's the fan's fault now. Keep the spin going.

Oh yes. I am a spread guy by default. (Preference) But I would gladly infuse a lot of those tight and bunch formations in certain circumstances. If anything, I would say I am definitely a big multi-formational type. I believe you can go static without a tun of formations but you need to have more mismatch capability and utilize tempo when you do.

But honestly I think if you go slower paced, the more formations you throw at a defense you can add an advantage. (like uga did last night) People always talk about physical fatigue right? When a team runs like 95 plays at you. But Bama definitely go out of position a few times this game and I think they were suffering from mental fatigue.

Here look at this tight bunch mesh concept. Bama got confused with the motion and simply got out of position and lost track of the hb on the wheel. (I have been seeing a lot of these accessory mesh components and they have been super successful. Lincoln Riley had a dirty little number vs texas as well) But hard to prepare for right. Uga ran quads, empty, tight, bunch, 2x2, trips, off set I, unbalanced, etc etc etc. Brilliant game plan last night.

"Do not need to confuse the opposing coach, just confuse his players."

I don't love mesh because it can be slow developing and lead to sacks. But the Rams run that play you showed and they hurry up to the line to catch the defense flat footed. Gurley is wide open on the flat/wheel route every time.

I'm a Bucs fan and I watch them run a slow-paced 4-verts Air Raid style of offense every week with a limited run game, leaky OL (RG in particular) and tons of isolation routes. So a familiar setup to what the Canes work with except Koetter/Monken use extremely diverse formations and use alignment/personnel to create mismatches especially on 3rd downs. And the run game is fused into the passing game so the middle of field opens up for deep digs and slants clearing behind the LBs. It's an offense that can generate tons of yards but imo is still overly reliant on elite-level QB play to succeed in the red zone and avoid turnovers.

Advertisement
Oh my goodness. This is Christmas. Let me think. Honestly a spread variant. You cannot deny the 7.25 yards a rush average from the spread the last two weeks was by accident.

I would borrow concepts from Houston. Just how they spread the field with spacing.
(Like how the align WR outside the hash to add horizontal pressure)
I would employ some check with me at times (not all the time) but it can help a young qb out.
I would employ motion. Silly not to. (Dabol ran motion in the red zone 3 straight plays to help identify the defense)
Keep a diversified run game (run zone/man/split zone/duo/pin pull) you name it we will be ambush types.
Instill some bunch and tight concepts to. They can be super effective and beat man.

I guess If I had my way I would run a Houston/Clemson/Maryland/St Louis Rams hybrid. LOL

Just literally go around the country and find out what the highest % plays were from every level of college and NFL's best offenses and STEAL THEM ALL.
Flag on the play, you said St. Louis lol

So back to the OP.

Probably the most frustrating thing watching this offense is the insistence on slow developing vertical routes even when facing an obvious blitz/pressure situation. If the line is identifying the blitz and Gauthier is calling protection adjustments, why are Perry and the receivers kept in the dark? If Richt doesn't trust that Perry is capable of recognizing the pressure and making an audible, why does he not use a "check with me" type of system? I know Miami fan-guy didn't like James Coley using one but the fact of the matter is, you need to help your quarterback out. Josh Heupel does this all the time even when Milton was healthy. I mean the clip in the first post sums up the offense all season long. Pitt shows pressure, OL adjusts protection, QB and WR still running the same vertical switch route on the boundary side. Even if Donaldson doesn't completely miss his guy, you're still relying on your weakest position group being able to hold their blocks for long enough for the switch route to work.

Funny how you bring up UGA as an example. Bama was blitzing their linebackers the entire 2nd half leaving the middle of the field wide open yet UGA only ran drag routes like 2 times from what I saw. Huge missed opportunity for them.

Advertisement
Every team mentioned have real offensive lines and running attacks that take over games against good opponents.

You can scheme your **** off and a poor offensive line will make the best offensive coordinator appear to be inept.

Mark Richt didn't suddenly become a bad offensive mind and coach as the Herd claims. He has been dogged over the last two years by an offensive line that wouldn't see even one player being good enough to qualify as a back-up for Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and a gaggle of other top 10 teams.

Fix the offensive line and just like how the Herd now worships Diaz, they will be claiming that all along they were telling everyone that Richt is an offensive genius, and start attacking Blake James for not giving him a longer contract extension.
No, he didn't just suddenly become a bad offensive mind, it happened while he was at uGa. As a result, forced to hire an OC, you are hindering the offensive talent with such a limited philosophy.

Advertisement
The worst part about that clip is that it's 3rd & 6 and the best we could come up with was all vertical routes. (posts & wheels)

The worst part about that clip is that it's 3rd & 6 and the best we could come up with was all vertical routes. (posts & wheels)

All year coach. 2x2 was all vertical or a switch post wheel.

3x1 was an x go slot outs with a slant wheel to the boundary with the back.

2x1 on third and short was a dive.

75% of the time.

No, he didn't just suddenly become a bad offensive mind, it happened while he was at uGa. As a result, forced to hire an OC, you are hindering the offensive talent with such a limited philosophy.

Your screen name is terribly misleading.

Coach Richt was not forced to do anything while at Georgia. He appointed a protegee and worked very closely with HIS appointee.

Look, you Cats are always looking for something to hate, so, you might be proactive and think of your next target as Coach Richt will turn the offense around.

It was only one short year ago where you geniuses were screaming that Diaz be fired. Now you are promoting him to replace Coach Richt as the Canes head coach.

The Herds track record in analyzing and foretelling Canes football makes those who predict the weather to be a class of visionaries.

Advertisement
@Earnest T. Bass is oblivious. Set himself up for that.

And you were saying...

12/3/2018

"Miami had two high profile offensive linemen on campus for official visits last weekend, but they also snuck on Evan Neal’s older brother Edrick Neal for an official visit as well. Joining Edrick and Evan on their official visits was a bunch of family members."

How good of an OL do we need to beat Duke in our own stadium? Or to score 17 to win against UVa? Or to not average 15ppg over a four game stretch against garbage conference foes? If we need Bama's OL to just manage that, maybe the scheme isn't all that great. Or if you think the scheme is great, but the QB play is the only thing holding us back, is there a coach on staff responsible for the recruitment and development of said QBs?

Guys, can we please move the "fire the coaches" posts to one of the 5,000 other related threads? Roman is trying to share technical analysis and this thread has turned into a"Mark Richt sux" ****ing match.

Guys, can we please move the "fire the coaches" posts to one of the 5,000 other related threads? Roman is trying to share technical analysis and this thread has turned into a"Mark Richt sux" ****ing match.

It's alright. Usually tucked into this ****ing match, as you say, is an opportunity to aim their fire at some x/o clips.

I just always know in these great players vs coaches debates' it's usually a little bit of both.

Advertisement
Back