Mirrored Concepts

Why am I mentioned here?

I’m far from a Richt guy and have been calling him out since last year. Don’t get butthurt that you still don’t know what you’re watching from your luxury box...I said the same thing about how we can’t pick up a blitz to save our lives during the UGA game thread.
I didn't say you're a Rorcht guy. Roman is verifying that UGA's offense looks nothing like ours. Looks like I do know

Advertisement
Mark Richt had the offense taken away from him at uga. More than a decade ago. So you’re right, mark didn’t become a bad offensive mind. He always has been.

Nonsense! That bullshyt lie you concocted about the offense being taken away from Coach Richt would be funny if not for being so pathetically stupid!

"From 2012-14 Georgia had one of the most prolific offenses in college football, despite myriad injuries to key skill position players." ~DawgNation

Nonsense! That bullshyt lie you concocted about the offense being taken away from Coach Richt would be funny if not for being so pathetically stupid!

"From 2012-14 Georgia had one of the most prolific offenses in college football, despite myriad injuries to key skill position players." ~DawgNation

Who called the plays from 2012-14?

Formation makes a big difference too. You made that a footnote at the end but the UGA play you showed is an example of what tight splits can do for an offense. With Richt it's wide spread isolation routes every time - pretty much eliminates the middle of field, makes crossers less effective, switch releases are slower and less effective, etc. Richt is not a student of the game and there's ample evidence that he's on what amounts to paid retirement.
@Zbrod95 I'm not attacking you by the way, just showing multiple confirm what we all see at Miami vs UGA.

Advertisement

Except they made him stop calling plays in ‘05...that was bobo’s Offense.

ESPN showed that in his 18 years of being a head coach, he's had an offense ranked in the top 20 one time. He certainly wasn't great at any point.

Under Richt, Florida State had one of college football's most explosive offenses. In his seven years as offensive coordinator, the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses for five seasons, they were top twelve in total offense for five seasons, and top twelve in passing offense for five seasons. Richt coached two Heisman Trophy-winning quarterbacks: Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke. Richt coached a total of six FSU quarterbacks to the NFL, including Ward, Weinke, Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Danny Kanell (New York Giants), Danny McManus (Kansas City Chiefs) and Peter Tom Willis (Chicago Bears). During this period, FSU won seven consecutive ACC titles and two national championships (1993 and 1999).

Richt was hired as head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs before the 2001 season, replacing Jim Donnan. Richt's teams won two Southeastern Conference (SEC) championships (2002 and 2005), six SEC Eastern Division titles (2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012), and nine bowl games. His teams represented the SEC in three BCS bowl appearances with a record of 2–1 and finished in the top ten of the final AP Poll seven times (2002–2005, 2007, 2012, 2014). His 2008 team also finished in the top ten of the coaches poll.

Under Richt, Florida State had one of college football's most explosive offenses. In his seven years as offensive coordinator, the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses for five seasons, they were top twelve in total offense for five seasons, and top twelve in passing offense for five seasons. Richt coached two Heisman Trophy-winning quarterbacks: Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke. Richt coached a total of six FSU quarterbacks to the NFL, including Ward, Weinke, Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Danny Kanell (New York Giants), Danny McManus (Kansas City Chiefs) and Peter Tom Willis (Chicago Bears). During this period, FSU won seven consecutive ACC titles and two national championships (1993 and 1999).

Richt was hired as head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs before the 2001 season, replacing Jim Donnan. Richt's teams won two Southeastern Conference (SEC) championships (2002 and 2005), six SEC Eastern Division titles (2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012), and nine bowl games. His teams represented the SEC in three BCS bowl appearances with a record of 2–1 and finished in the top ten of the final AP Poll seven times (2002–2005, 2007, 2012, 2014). His 2008 team also finished in the top ten of the coaches poll.

Thanks for posting Richt's bio from Wikipedia. Now, how about his offenses during the time he was a head coach. I don't care what he did back in the 90's. If we care about that, let's talk Bowden out of retirement then and see if he wants to coach up the U. Maybe we can get Jimmy Johnson to step away from his Fox gig.

Advertisement
@Zbrod95 I'm not attacking you by the way, just showing multiple confirm what we all see at Miami vs UGA.
Of course UGA runs different concepts because no playbook is the same but I was talking schematically. UGA literally runs the same inside zone construction and an identical screen pass construction. It looks night and day because they block at a totally different level than us. As I said earlier, we can come out running what the Pirate runs in Pullman but the result will still be the same because we struggle to do the basic things up front.

Hence why Mack Brown needs to get off to a hot start and pull him to UNC.

Years after Rorcht WAS forced to hand over play calling and regardless of their own site's claim, he HAS fielded a top 20 offense a grand total of ONCE

Advertisement
Years after Rorcht WAS forced to hand over play calling and regardless of their own site's claim, he HAS fielded a top 20 offense a grand total of ONCE
With an All-pro QB, a pretty good 1st round back, and probably one of the greatest WR’s of all time.

Thanks for posting Richt's bio from Wikipedia. Now, how about his offenses during the time he was a head coach. I don't care what he did back in the 90's. If we care about that, let's talk Bowden out of retirement then and see if he wants to coach up the U. Maybe we can get Jimmy Johnson to step away from his Fox gig.

Interesting, you don't want to talk about the 90's because that screws up your hate fest.

“Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.” “There are three types of lies -- lies, **** lies, and statistics.”

Advertisement
Interesting, you don't want to talk about the 90's because that screws up your hate fest.

“Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.” “There are three types of lies -- lies, **** lies, and statistics.”
No, it’s because offenses from the 90’s are literally an ancient relic compared to 2018.

I knew this was coming. That is why I was strategic in posting a clip of both offensive lines being beaten by the blitz.

UGA has a better offensive line. I won't deny that. I could start a thread how they created mismatch in the run game using DUO blocks and spread concepts.
UGA has a very good smart QB.

But I wasn't blown away by UGA's wide receiver talent and I think our running backs are very comparable to theirs this year. (not last year) Also I think Brevin is a stud and bows down to no tight end. I really won't argue and say we have better talent than UGA although in certain areas I think we do.
But I asked an ESPN analyst specifically this question and he replied "Oh no, Miami definitely has the talent." (Sorry for the big league moment there :)

I think we can recruit better along the offensive line. I think we can get more out of our quarterbacks. I think our offensive system needs a complete overhaul. I am a mixture of everything.
Based on what you have posted on this thread (and I agree with you), I’ll sum it up for you: ****-poor coaching. Playbook fit for elephants, brains fit for the Cha-cha-cha dance. All talk and no substance. There is not an iota of an attempt to respond to the opposing D’s MO. There is no translation on the field, it’s a one-sided conversation. This is what frustrates me. I’ve seen teams with lesser talent do better.

Of course UGA runs different concepts because no playbook is the same but I was talking schematically. UGA literally runs the same inside zone construction and an identical screen pass construction. It looks night and day because they block at a totally different level than us. As I said earlier, we can come out running what the Pirate runs in Pullman but the result will still be the same because we struggle to do the basic things up front.

Hence why Mack Brown needs to get off to a hot start and pull him to UNC.
Who are you referring to at UNC?

I don't want to talk about the 90's because that was over 20 years ago. What have you done for me lately is how college football works. In Bobby Bowden's last years at FSU, do you think people were bringing up the 80's, 90's and early 2000's? No. They were focusing on what type of coach he was at the present, which was a shell of his former self.

Advertisement
Back