Miles Wilson

We didn’t use them because of the FBI cloud over our head. Kids were hesitant being unsure of the program’s future. I suppose we could have wasted them on jags and complained later.

1. That isn't true. At any point we could have taken (a) a lesser grad transfer (or any transfer), (b) a lower quality 2018 HS Recruit, or (c) a JUCO.

2. Even if that was true (the FBI "Cloud"), we left ships open the prior two years before this BS.

Advertisement
Ok here goes:

PG Lykes / Johnson
SG Vasiljevic / Mack
SF Lawrence / Waardenburg
PF Huell / Gak
C Izundu / Miller

When does Coach L ever go 10 deep?
1. That isn't true. At any point we could have taken (a) a lesser grad transfer (or any transfer), (b) a lower quality 2018 HS Recruit, or (c) a JUCO.

2. Even if that was true (the FBI "Cloud"), we left ships open the prior two years before this BS.

You said exactly what I said. We could have wasted them on jags unless there was someone out there I haven’t heard about.

Advertisement
We didn’t use them because of the FBI cloud over our head. Kids were hesitant being unsure of the program’s future. I suppose we could have wasted them on jags and complained later.
The coaching staff should have used a scholarship on a grad transfer point guard so the scholarship is available for the upcoming season. Especially if there was a potential chance that you would be kicking Miles Wilson off the team.

You said exactly what I said. We could have wasted them on jags unless there was someone out there I haven’t heard about.

First, let's dismiss the bullchit about the FBI "cloud". That isn't why we didn't fill the class for three years straight.

Second, who said "JAGS"? I said bring in someone and use the ships. Take a project that should redshirt. My point is use ALL of the ships. Take a chance because having someone is better than no one.

As previously stated on here, I'd rather take a chance on a local kid like Neftali Alvarez then NOT use the ship.

Ok here goes:

PG Lykes / Johnson
SG Vasiljevic / Mack
SF Lawrence / Waardenburg
PF Huell / Gak
C Izundu / Miller
I think Johnson starts at the 2 and DJ is the first guard off the bench. The Wilson boot just gave Mack a lot more playing time.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t write off Herenton either. He’s much better than any old average walk we’ve had on and can definitely score

Advertisement
First, let's dismiss the bullchit about the FBI "cloud". That isn't why we didn't fill the class for three years straight.

Second, who said "JAGS"? I said bring in someone and use the ships. Take a project that should redshirt. My point is use ALL of the ships. Take a chance because having someone is better than no one.

As previously stated on here, I'd rather take a chance on a local kid like Neftali Alvarez then NOT use the ship.

I was referring to last year as far as the FBI and that fact was absolutely true unless as you suggested, take on projects. Also, you have to factor in guys getting kicked to even have some of those ships. The FBI cloud seriously impacted our last class where those ships would have been used. Personally, I would rather have an open ship in case there is a late surprise or opportunity than waste it by reaching but I get your point.

I was referring to last year as far as the FBI and that fact was absolutely true unless as you suggested, take on projects. Also, you have to factor in guys getting kicked to even have some of those ships. The FBI cloud seriously impacted our last class where those ships would have been used. Personally, I would rather have an open ship in case there is a late surprise or opportunity than waste it by reaching but I get your point.

We had open ships regardless of people leaving the team. That is the point. Three straight years we didn’t use all our ships.

So before starting this season and before Wilson leaving, we had an open ship. The same can be said about the prior two years.

As for saving an open ship for a “surprise”, how often does that happen?

We had open ships regardless of people leaving the team. That is the point. Three straight years we didn’t use all our ships.

So before starting this season and before Wilson leaving, we had an open ship. The same can be said about the prior two years.

As for saving an open ship for a “surprise”, how often does that happen?

About as often as a project becoming a contributor beyond practice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back