Mike Smith will start in place of Pinckney

Mike Smith challenged Shaq at the beginning of Winter Work.. Saying to Shaq you got more than 80 percent of the snap last year...and he planned on taking some if those... Dude is serious about getting on the field.. I saw significant out of him during the Spring Game... I will be disappointed if Pinkney don't respond to this challenge... Mike Smith has started a fire in the LB Corp... thats a good thing... Steed reminds me of Shaq... watching him play in HS he just has to heal... Wilder is going to start the next fire.. Darrion has to bounce back mentally... Competition will bring the best out of some and make others shut down... Time to Man Up

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OH MY....It moved. This is the type of attitude that we all have been dying to see around here! This is what it was like when we were great.

I've freely admitted i was a Smith Hater and didn't know what he was doing at Miami. All he does is prove my dumbass wrong the more i get to watch him and learn about him. LOVE THIS!

Advertisement
Ima laugh so hard when Pinckney out there ballin all season & you Personal trainers that have been watching his every bite are going to be all shocked.

You guys are seriously crazy if you think any other LB at that spot will be starting throughout the season ahead of Pinckney.

Dude had 61tckls 7.5TFL's 2.5sacks 1INT & 2PD's last season but everyone has acted as if he's been demoted to 3rd string.

I get that yall think players are all supposed to have 8pack abs & look a certain way, but I promise he's going to make yall look ridiculous for doubting him & obsessing over his weight this season.

I hate to say this, but one of our sensational sophs is going to have a slump. Who is it going to be? Shaq, Zack, Pinckney, Richards? Remember one of these is not like the others with respect to how they prepared their bodies for this coming season. I think Pinck's extra baggage will show up in his conditioning and quickness, but it's just my opinon.

The reports about Richards, Shaq, Young, Jackson, McCloud have been glowingly and overwhelmingly positive. The same can't be said about MP. I don't get what the issue is with acknowledging that.

+1000000 --This is just truth!

[TWEET]901466770401353728[/TWEET]
Zach, Shaq & the "fat out of shape 4th string LB"

Advertisement
Disagree.. Pinkney will make us proud. He will be ready. He may not be as urgent as he should be. But he will ... he has that knack for a big play at any given moment

Disagree.. Pinkney will make us proud. He will be ready. He may not be as urgent as he should be. But he will ... he has that knack for a big play at any given moment

LCE was making a joke because everyone else was giving pinckney **** and he thinks they r dumbasses lol

Lmao at anyone thinking Pink won't be starting after suspension. Dudes trolling too hard lol.

I know Poppa Shaq, I was being sarcastic.

Go back a page, you'll see I was actually defending Pinckney.

Advertisement

My bad...lol somebody said reading is fundamental...

Lol it's all good... My Pops used to always tell me my smart *** sense of humor is not gonna work when I think it should lol.

But Pinckney is a pure savage & I think he's going to have a great season for us. Glad to hear Mike Smith is pushing Shaq as well.

Last edited:

Lol it's all good... My Pops used to always tell me my smart *** sense of humor is not gonna work when I think it should lol.

But Pinckney is a pure savage & I think he's going to have a great season for us. Glad to hear Mike Smith is pushing Shaq as well.
Wise and sound advice... i am going to use that... since ur not.... lol

Advertisement
Pickney can eat a bunch of donuts, a tub of lard and vanilla malts every day and I still bet he'd play with more heart and energy than 99% of LB's in the Nation.

He will be ready to stomp people this season.
Can't wait.

How far away is Owens he was one of my favorite recruits in that 14 class

Mike Smith challenged Shaq at the beginning of Winter Work.. Saying to Shaq you got more than 80 percent of the snap last year...and he planned on taking some if those... Dude is serious about getting on the field.. I saw significant out of him during the Spring Game... I will be disappointed if Pinkney don't respond to this challenge... Mike Smith has started a fire in the LB Corp... thats a good thing... Steed reminds me of Shaq... watching him play in HS he just has to heal... Wilder is going to start the next fire.. Darrion has to bounce back mentally... Competition will bring the best out of some and make others shut down... Time to Man Up

Very surprised that Mike SMith beat out Darrion Owens...but an ex student on the team tells me that Owens still doesnt move like he did before he tore his ACL @ [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] what do you think about Owens and his knee and how he looks?

I also doubt jackson is a better cover corner than Young... but he is more physical and a better tackler we need that at corner..Thats one reason I reluctantly think Dean moght not ever start here if he only has 2 years to play..unless he gets more physical, stronger, and more aggressive when tackling..Dean plays soft

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dean as our 5th CB is a great problem to have.

Finley as our 5th safety, also a great problem to have.

Owens as our 5th linebacker.

Patchan as our 5th DE.

Defense is flipping loaded.

Someone mentioned Pickney came into camp out of shape. Was that true or nonsense?

It'll be true soon if the goofballs on here keep repeating it.

Just like the "Rumph is suspect" myth became reality b/c clowns like you that don't know what the **** they're talking about kept saying it.

Keep sniffing my butt, PlzPayAttentionToMeDaddy. Rumph is still suspect as a recruiter. Only dyck faces with low standards like you think he's proven anything on the recruiting front.

We have the best secondary class in the country. And still have TC on the big board..what more do we need to see?

Someone mentioned Pickney came into camp out of shape. Was that true or nonsense?

It'll be true soon if the goofballs on here keep repeating it.

Just like the "Rumph is suspect" myth became reality b/c clowns like you that don't know what the **** they're talking about kept saying it.

Keep sniffing my butt, PlzPayAttentionToMeDaddy. Rumph is still suspect as a recruiter. Only dyck faces with low standards like you think he's proven anything on the recruiting front.

Keep pretending you have a clue Mr Cheese. You're a clown. The irony of you pushin back on someone about wanting attention is not lost on me here. You are the Kendall Jenner of Canesinsight.

Last edited:
This is a really good sign considering it was Owens' job exiting the spring.

Seeing Perry juke Owens out of his Keds during practice last week was an omen.

The coaches have spoken highly of Jackson too. Another really good sign.

Kids are being developed and competition is fierce.

Owens is playing on one leg! I feel bad for the guy and I appreciate his trying, but it is clear he cannot get over that mental hurdle of the knee.

I keep reading about a mental hurdle and it's ridiculous. Kid has a bum knee and he is limited. That is all, nothing mental about it.

Where are you getting this?

Coaches repeated over and over last season that DO was tentative because he didn't trust his knee yet. "He's got to learn to trust it." That type of ****.

It was an ACL tear, yes? Kids come back from ACL repairs all of the time. Why is it that DO's got a "bum knee"?

So do you go to games? If so, do you concentrate on a particular player as a play starts, develops, and ends? Owens can run without issues and his knee might be "structurally sound". However, the kid cannot move side to side. So you believe that lateral movement is important for the LB position? Did you see that play where N'Kosi destroys him and almost makes him fall down? When it comes to football play, Owen has a BUM knee and his movement is limited. That is a FACT sir...nothing to do with any "mental hurdle" bs.

Coaches can say whatever they want. Do you think they always disclose all the facts? Do you think they will publicize the fact that Owen's lateral movement is compromised? What's next? You believe the 40 times clocked by Felder? You believe that Berrios runs a 4.3? Think for yourself.

Ok so coaches saying he had to get over the mental hurdle means nothing!!! Spin it how you want... lol

Advertisement
Back