Mike Smith will start in place of Pinckney

You all are cracking me up wringing your hands about Pinckney, hes going to ball out this year. I expect his stats to improve from his stellar freshman season, Smith will play a lot but come on now. Excited for Mike Jack, I've always loved his physical attributes, glad hes putting it all together. Like someone else said, him and Dee outside with Malik in the slot, lets rollllll. I still expect Dean to see plenty of time but I really like that top 3.

Advertisement
Ima laugh so hard when Pinckney out there ballin all season & you Personal trainers that have been watching his every bite are going to be all shocked.

You guys are seriously crazy if you think any other LB at that spot will be starting throughout the season ahead of Pinckney.

Dude had 61tckls 7.5TFL's 2.5sacks 1INT & 2PD's last season but everyone has acted as if he's been demoted to 3rd string.

I get that yall think players are all supposed to have 8pack abs & look a certain way, but I promise he's going to make yall look ridiculous for doubting him & obsessing over his weight this season.

I dig this lone ' voice of reason ' in the mean street hinterlands of South Florida!

Remind me again, Pinckney was WILL or SAM last year?
image.jpg

Ima laugh so hard when Pinckney out there ballin all season & you Personal trainers that have been watching his every bite are going to be all shocked.

You guys are seriously crazy if you think any other LB at that spot will be starting throughout the season ahead of Pinckney.

Dude had 61tckls 7.5TFL's 2.5sacks 1INT & 2PD's last season but everyone has acted as if he's been demoted to 3rd string.

I get that yall think players are all supposed to have 8pack abs & look a certain way, but I promise he's going to make yall look ridiculous for doubting him & obsessing over his weight this season.
These guys are just goofing around. Everyone knows Pinckney is only out because of the suspension on top of nursing an injury.

Advertisement
Pinckney is suspended for the half because of the targeting hit in the bowl game

Michael Jackson will start at one CB spot per Diaz
You buried the headline, as we all knew Pinckney couldn't start due to the targeting call.

Michael Jackson starting at CB IS the news. Shocked and possibly happy if it's a further sign of what great coaching can do for someone that has sometimes been referred to as a JAG. Great speed for sure, let's see how it plays out.
This. Diaz has said in the past that he likes corners who can tackle. That is supposedly the knock on Dean at this point but I'm still pretty surprised that MJ is getting the nod over Young. With that said, I'm sure it will be a rotation. They all will play.

I think he'll be fine but unless getting demoted in the spring, gaining bad weight, and missing the first dozen practices is all some weird motivational facade being thrown at us then I don't understand why you can't admit that there's been some warning signs.

If Rumph can get Jackson playing solid then that should officially end any talk about his skills as a coach. This kid was non-existant as of last year now hes starting? Good for him and good for Rumph who had ALOT of haters on here.

Seems like he is putting it all together. Recruiting skills? Check. Development skills? Check.

Anyone that doubted Rumph's ability to coach simply because he hadn't had a college job before we just ignorant. By all accounts he has been an impressive teacher of DBs since starting at the high school level. I never got the hate for the guy by our fans. I'm really, really glad he's here and not at FSU.

I hate to say this, but one of our sensational sophs is going to have a slump. Who is it going to be? Shaq, Zack, Pinckney, Richards? Remember one of these is not like the others with respect to how they prepared their bodies for this coming season. I think Pinck's extra baggage will show up in his conditioning and quickness, but it's just my opinon.

Advertisement
We play FSU in game three. The less film they have on our guys from this season the better - harder to read tendencies. Happy that Michael Jackson and Mike Smith will get to start against Bethune. There will probably be players on offense who we probably didn't expect to start who will get to start that we have not yet heard about. This first game is literally like a late in the Preseason NFL Preseason game. For many reasons I hope we put this game away early and our starters and second teamers can be cheerleaders in the second half.

Don't kid yourself though about who to expect to see in the starting line up in game three. I will be shocked if our LBs are not Pinckney, Shaq, and Zack and if Michael Jackson is still starting. I expect him to play but not to start just as I expect Mike Smith and Owens to play but not start.

These suspensions carrying over for 9 months is the dumbest **** ever.

Yet another reason to schedule cream puffs week one. Kind of pathetic, if you ask me. What happened last season should stay in last season. Missing the rest of a bowl game is punishment enough.

Pinckney is suspended for the half because of the targeting hit in the bowl game

Michael Jackson will start at one CB spot per Diaz
You buried the headline, as we all knew Pinckney couldn't start due to the targeting call.

Michael Jackson starting at CB IS the news. Shocked and possibly happy if it's a further sign of what great coaching can do for someone that has sometimes been referred to as a JAG. Great speed for sure, let's see how it plays out.
This. Diaz has said in the past that he likes corners who can tackle. That is supposedly the knock on Dean at this point but I'm still pretty surprised that MJ is getting the nod over Young. With that said, I'm sure it will be a rotation. They all will play.

The best Ds in the country have the least number of missed tackles. Dean ,may have a hard time getting PT. If you dont see him much our first 2 games ,you wont see him at all afterwards unless someone gets hurt.

Advertisement

I hate to say this, but one of our sensational sophs is going to have a slump. Who is it going to be? Shaq, Zack, Pinckney, Richards? Remember one of these is not like the others with respect to how they prepared their bodies for this coming season. I think Pinck's extra baggage will show up in his conditioning and quickness, but it's just my opinon.

The reports about Richards, Shaq, Young, Jackson, McCloud have been glowingly and overwhelmingly positive. The same can't be said about MP. I don't get what the issue is with acknowledging that.

I think he'll be fine but unless getting demoted in the spring, gaining bad weight, and missing the first dozen practices is all some weird motivational facade being thrown at us then I don't understand why you can't admit that there's been some warning signs.
Lol... Get back to me for Ark St & FSU, then I'll gladly hold the L.

Advertisement
I'm not even saying his play is going to drop off.

MP is the Vincent Laguardia Gambini of football. When the lights come on he'll know exactly what to do.

If he was on that 2001 team he'd be getting his *** jumped by his teammates. He'd start having panic attacks when he walked into the locker room. lol

Having said that, Dudes obviously going to start. Whether he chooses to give everything he's got to improving or not (i'm not sure how accurate camp reports about him have been), he's already a great LB. I just hope he reduces the mental mistakes, which being that he was only a True Frosh last year, I fully expect him to do. If thats the only improvement he makes this year, He will be an absolute stud again, but I fully expect him to improve in more areas than just that.

This front 7 we have could literally win us a National Championship...its that good. And If the OL steps up, we're going to the playoff, Idgaf what anyone has to say about it.

Advertisement
Back