Mike Smith will start in place of Pinckney

Pinckney lost his job in the spring and missed the first couple weeks of camp. I'm not so sure he would've been the starter against Bethune without the suspension. We'll see.

Advertisement
I like the size and physicality that delaney and Jackson will bring to the corner positions both should tackle well on the perimeter and use there size to neutralize larger recievers. I do hope that young see's the field alot he is a natural born play maker out there in the secondary and is definitely gonna be an asset to the defense.

Diaz LOVES big corners so I get why he wants 2 big corners on the boundary Move Malik to Nickel. That's a strong secondary.

Advertisement
Pinckney lost his job in the spring and missed the first couple weeks of camp. I'm not so sure he would've been the starter against Bethune without the suspension. We'll see.
Stop Rok.

Diaz has raved about Smith since before camp.

And Pinckney did get demoted in the spring, and he did miss the first couple weeks of camp. So you stop.
I'm aware that he's raved about him, but to say Pinckney lost his job is a bit much.

Who was going to start ahead of him vs FSU? If Pinckney wasn't suspended it would be literally insane to not start him.

Vs Bethune it doesn't matter, our 4th string LB's could start vs Bethune & there would be no drop off in play.

Michael Pinckney is the best WLB on the team, Owens nor Mike Smith would start ahead of at that spot if there were no suspension & I mean in a real game not just a scrimmage like BC.

The way I see it, he was warned during the spring that nothing is guaranteed. There's no question that Pinckney is one of the best players on the team but he does seem to require extra motivation. He's going to be on the field a lot against FSU, which is all that really matters.

Advertisement
We went from having absolutely no depth at the secondary to now having maybe the deepest secondary in the ACC. Granted it's all on paper but if all the newcomers live up to their hype and players like MJ and Redwine are actually as good as advertised then that's a heck of a job by Rumph, Banda and Diaz.

Why are you guys downvoting this post. This is real deal.

Add to that Pinckney gained a lot of bad weight and came into camp out of shape

The way I see it, he was warned during the spring that nothing is guaranteed. There's no question that Pinckney is one of the best players on the team but he does seem to require extra motivation. He's going to be on the field a lot against FSU, which is all that really matters.

This! Dude is a beast on the field, but doesn't seem to be a self-starter. Talent only takes you so far---eventually not taking the little things seriously catch up to you.

Advertisement

Why are you guys downvoting this post. This is real deal.

Add to that Pinckney gained a lot of bad weight and came into camp out of shape

I haven't read this anywhere but from some very random few here, so I'm really interested how you can state this so matter of factly? Please share where you saw that he gained "bad weight" and came in out of shape because I'm interested too.

Ima laugh so hard when Pinckney out there ballin all season & you Personal trainers that have been watching his every bite are going to be all shocked.

You guys are seriously crazy if you think any other LB at that spot will be starting throughout the season ahead of Pinckney.

Dude had 61tckls 7.5TFL's 2.5sacks 1INT & 2PD's last season but everyone has acted as if he's been demoted to 3rd string.

I get that yall think players are all supposed to have 8pack abs & look a certain way, but I promise he's going to make yall look ridiculous for doubting him & obsessing over his weight this season.

Advertisement
Nothing but good news. IIRC Young ended the year as the starter at one of the CB spots, so the fact that Jackson beat him out means we're in a better place.

What was once an issue, is no longer an issue regarding the secondary, duh. Because from what Coach Diaz is preaching, the secondary is going to surprise future opponents.

Advertisement
Back