Mike Smith will start in place of Pinckney

Someone mentioned Pickney came into camp out of shape. Was that true or nonsense?

It'll be true soon if the goofballs on here keep repeating it.

Just like the "Rumph is suspect" myth became reality b/c clowns like you that don't know what the **** they're talking about kept saying it.

Keep sniffing my butt, PlzPayAttentionToMeDaddy. Rumph is still suspect as a recruiter. Only dyck faces with low standards like you think he's proven anything on the recruiting front.

Keep pretending you have a clue Mr Cheese. You're a clown. The irony of you pushin back on someone about wanting attention is not lost on me here. You are the Kendall Jenner of Canesinsight.

You're obsessed with me. I get it. I understand why you are. Try not to be so obvious about it though because you're embarrassing yourself.

Advertisement
This is a really good sign considering it was Owens' job exiting the spring.

Seeing Perry juke Owens out of his Keds during practice last week was an omen.

The coaches have spoken highly of Jackson too. Another really good sign.

Kids are being developed and competition is fierce.

A fans dream scenario

It'll be true soon if the goofballs on here keep repeating it.

Just like the "Rumph is suspect" myth became reality b/c clowns like you that don't know what the **** they're talking about kept saying it.

Keep sniffing my butt, PlzPayAttentionToMeDaddy. Rumph is still suspect as a recruiter. Only dyck faces with low standards like you think he's proven anything on the recruiting front.

Keep pretending you have a clue Mr Cheese. You're a clown. The irony of you pushin back on someone about wanting attention is not lost on me here. You are the Kendall Jenner of Canesinsight.

You're obsessed with me. I get it. I understand why you are. Try not to be so obvious about it though because you're embarrassing yourself.

U got it Ms Jenner. Continue on with your "expert opinions" and attention whoring, i.e. Diaz was El Jefe 2.0 and Rumph sucks. You're the Canes football nostradamus. Sports IQ is off the charts. LOL

Very surprised that Mike SMith beat out Darrion Owens...but an ex student on the team tells me that Owens still doesnt move like he did before he tore his ACL @ [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] what do you think about Owens and his knee and how he looks?

I also doubt jackson is a better cover corner than Young... but he is more physical and a better tackler we need that at corner..Thats one reason I reluctantly think Dean moght not ever start here if he only has 2 years to play..unless he gets more physical, stronger, and more aggressive when tackling..Dean plays soft
Owens issue .. imo is mental he is afraid of his knee.. which has cause a huge problem in his latteral movement... and now I'm afraid that Gordiner recent tear is going to spook him even more. But that is a thin line because Patchan did not worry about his knee too soon and reinjured... Jamie may have been favoring the bad knee and stressed the other to the point of tearing

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

U got it Ms Jenner. Continue on with your "expert opinions" and attention whoring, i.e. Diaz was El Jefe 2.0 and Rumph sucks. You're the Canes football nostradamus. Sports IQ is off the charts. LOL

If I relent and agree to let you suck my dyck will you agree to quit following me around on here like a jilted girlfriend? Deal?

Advertisement
Pinckney lost his job in the spring and missed the first couple weeks of camp. I'm not so sure he would've been the starter against Bethune without the suspension. We'll see.
Stop Rok.

Diaz has raved about Smith since before camp.

And Pinckney did get demoted in the spring, and he did miss the first couple weeks of camp. So you stop.
I'm aware that he's raved about him, but to say Pinckney lost his job is a bit much.

Who was going to start ahead of him vs FSU? If Pinckney wasn't suspended it would be literally insane to not start him.

Vs Bethune it doesn't matter, our 4th string LB's could start vs Bethune & there would be no drop off in play.

Michael Pinckney is the best WLB on the team, Owens nor Mike Smith would start ahead of at that spot if there were no suspension & I mean in a real game not just a scrimmage like BC.

[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION].

am I crazy or did Pinckney get out of shape this offseason? kid looks much bigger and not in a good way

I said it in another thread but nobody answered. maybe was just the camera angle. hopefully gets it together and getting demoted helped him realize he's gotta be on top of things 24/7

Everyone on this board just can't handle the truth. Shaq and Mccloud took the off-season serious. Pinckney did not. The guy came in out of shape and overweight. Shaq leaned up and Mccloud filled out. He might play well and that's great, but there is no denying the fact that he didn't take the off-season serious.

no clue what you're talking about. how do you know he didn't take the off season serious? is that what you've heard or seen?

Very surprised that Mike SMith beat out Darrion Owens...but an ex student on the team tells me that Owens still doesnt move like he did before he tore his ACL @ [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] what do you think about Owens and his knee and how he looks?

I also doubt jackson is a better cover corner than Young... but he is more physical and a better tackler we need that at corner..Thats one reason I reluctantly think Dean moght not ever start here if he only has 2 years to play..unless he gets more physical, stronger, and more aggressive when tackling..Dean plays soft
Owens issue .. imo is mental he is afraid of his knee.. which has cause a huge problem in his latteral movement... and now I'm afraid that Gordiner recent tear is going to spook him even more. But that is a thin line because Patchan did not worry about his knee too soon and reinjured... Jamie may have been favoring the bad knee and stressed the other to the point of tearing

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
@TheRealDbc

Advertisement
This is a really good sign considering it was Owens' job exiting the spring.

Seeing Perry juke Owens out of his Keds during practice last week was an omen.

The coaches have spoken highly of Jackson too. Another really good sign.

Kids are being developed and competition is fierce.

Owens is playing on one leg! I feel bad for the guy and I appreciate his trying, but it is clear he cannot get over that mental hurdle of the knee.

I keep reading about a mental hurdle and it's ridiculous. Kid has a bum knee and he is limited. That is all, nothing mental about it.

Where are you getting this?

Coaches repeated over and over last season that DO was tentative because he didn't trust his knee yet. "He's got to learn to trust it." That type of ****.

It was an ACL tear, yes? Kids come back from ACL repairs all of the time. Why is it that DO's got a "bum knee"?

So do you go to games? If so, do you concentrate on a particular player as a play starts, develops, and ends? Owens can run without issues and his knee might be "structurally sound". However, the kid cannot move side to side. So you believe that lateral movement is important for the LB position? Did you see that play where N'Kosi destroys him and almost makes him fall down? When it comes to football play, Owen has a BUM knee and his movement is limited. That is a FACT sir...nothing to do with any "mental hurdle" bs.

Coaches can say whatever they want. Do you think they always disclose all the facts? Do you think they will publicize the fact that Owen's lateral movement is compromised? What's next? You believe the 40 times clocked by Felder? You believe that Berrios runs a 4.3? Think for yourself.

It's remarkable to me that such a dumb post also drips with such condescension. You can take your rabble of rhetorical questions and shove 'em up all the way up your gaping *******.

The only fact here is that DO has not been the same since his injury. Your hard-hitting analysis that lateral movement is important for a LB is accurate. And sure, the result (lesser play) is the same, but whether this limitation is physical or mental is what we're attempting to discuss here. If the limitation is merely mental, he's got a better shot at recovering and being a player for us. Do you follow?

I'll go ahead and believe the coaches and Poppa Shaq who all assert that DO's limitations are mental while you continue screaming FAKE NEWS.

no clue what you're talking about. how do you know he didn't take the off season serious? is that what you've heard or seen?

No, what are YOU talking about. Pinckney might as well took photos with saw with a super sized McDonald's double quarter pounder meal, a slice of pizza, cookies and an extra large cola in his hand. The dude looked out of shape, man! Anyone could see that.

Shaq, Mcloud and the other sophmores look like chiseled Gods in their photos, while Pinckey looks like he put on about 20-25 lbs of bad weight. We are not making this stuff up; It's easy to see. Bad weight and being out of shape leads to injuries in a gladiator sport like football

The guy is a beast on the field, but that was LAST year. The added bad weight coupled with missing lots of time in camp might be a harbinger of things to come, I'm afraid. Hope I am wrong, because we need that dude. Lucky for us, Mike Smith is urgent right now, and can hold down the starting position this year

Owens is playing on one leg! I feel bad for the guy and I appreciate his trying, but it is clear he cannot get over that mental hurdle of the knee.

I keep reading about a mental hurdle and it's ridiculous. Kid has a bum knee and he is limited. That is all, nothing mental about it.

Where are you getting this?

Coaches repeated over and over last season that DO was tentative because he didn't trust his knee yet. "He's got to learn to trust it." That type of ****.

It was an ACL tear, yes? Kids come back from ACL repairs all of the time. Why is it that DO's got a "bum knee"?

So do you go to games? If so, do you concentrate on a particular player as a play starts, develops, and ends? Owens can run without issues and his knee might be "structurally sound". However, the kid cannot move side to side. So you believe that lateral movement is important for the LB position? Did you see that play where N'Kosi destroys him and almost makes him fall down? When it comes to football play, Owen has a BUM knee and his movement is limited. That is a FACT sir...nothing to do with any "mental hurdle" bs.

Coaches can say whatever they want. Do you think they always disclose all the facts? Do you think they will publicize the fact that Owen's lateral movement is compromised? What's next? You believe the 40 times clocked by Felder? You believe that Berrios runs a 4.3? Think for yourself.

It's remarkable to me that such a dumb post also drips with such condescension. You can take your rabble of rhetorical questions and shove 'em up all the way up your gaping *******.

The only fact here is that DO has not been the same since his injury. Your hard-hitting analysis that lateral movement is important for a LB is accurate. And sure, the result (lesser play) is the same, but whether this limitation is physical or mental is what we're attempting to discuss here. If the limitation is merely mental, he's got a better shot at recovering and being a player for us. Do you follow?

I'll go ahead and believe the coaches and Poppa Shaq who all assert that DO's limitations are mental while you continue screaming FAKE NEWS.

Don't waste another word.

Advertisement
show me what pinkney looked like last year vs this year. show me pics from both years. again, I found it hard to believe no one held him accountable. not shaq, mccloud, felder. he just didn't show up for any of the lifting and conditioning and no one, not Bellamy, saw him gaining bad weight. he just took the summer off. nope, not buying that.

if shaq's pop wants to come on here and say there are/were some concerns about pinkney's commitment, then, I'll listen. otherwise, nope.

Ima laugh so hard when Pinckney out there ballin all season & you Personal trainers that have been watching his every bite are going to be all shocked.

You guys are seriously crazy if you think any other LB at that spot will be starting throughout the season ahead of Pinckney.

Dude had 61tckls 7.5TFL's 2.5sacks 1INT & 2PD's last season but everyone has acted as if he's been demoted to 3rd string.

I get that yall think players are all supposed to have 8pack abs & look a certain way, but I promise he's going to make yall look ridiculous for doubting him & obsessing over his weight this season.

This^^ Just by looking at him, I don't see bad weight at all. Some of you guys are looking at him like he should have 8% body fat. When a 220lb RB is charging at him I can't wait to see Pinckney level his ***. As long as he still has his speed and stamina, I'm all in with him.
Let's GO CANES

Advertisement
show me what pinkney looked like last year vs this year. show me pics from both years. again, I found it hard to believe no one held him accountable. not shaq, mccloud, felder. he just didn't show up for any of the lifting and conditioning and no one, not Bellamy, saw him gaining bad weight. he just took the summer off. nope, not buying that.

if shaq's pop wants to come on here and say there are/were some concerns about pinkney's commitment, then, I'll listen. otherwise, nope.

All you have to do is listen to what the coaches are NOT saying about Pinckney---which is nothing at all. Coaches have been outspoken and have raved about many players, to include Shaw, Pinckey and Mike Smith --but they haven't mentioned anything about Pinckney. They've raved about Harley, Michael Jackson, Garvin, Dee Delaney---Richt gushes over Shaq and gushed over Mike Smith today....the give props to MANY guys, but not a peep about pickney. Why is that?

These coaches have been open about praising players, but no Pinckey. Ask yourself why that might be?

I'll tell you why. The dude hasn't pushed himself as hard as other and isn't in shape...it's obvious.

Don't be shocked if Smith holds that starting position down all year.

Last edited:
Malek Young started the last several games in 2016 and Jackson earned the job in camp. Same may have happened with Pinckney and Smith. The effusive praise of Smith from Richt and Diaz continues while Pinckney is battling back from injury.

Advertisement
Back