Mike Smith will start in place of Pinckney

I'll count the snaps vs 1st half of Arkansas State and the full FSU game. Will be far more telling than anything directed at media.

Advertisement
That they're in the position of needing to resort to these tactics to light a fire under Pinckney is telling enough.

They're going to reward the players who work hard. Based on last year I'd rather have Pinckney out there but it sounds like Smith has come on very strong.

That they're in the position of needing to resort to these tactics to light a fire under Pinckney is telling enough.

They're going to reward the players who work hard. Based on last year I'd rather have Pinckney out there but it sounds like Smith has come on very strong.

This, this THIS!

Like I said, don't be surprised to see Smith hold that starting spot down all year.

This, this THIS!

Like I said, don't be surprised to see Smith hold that starting spot down all year.
I'm as big a fan of Mike Smith as any on this board (see here, from Spring): https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/pre-spring-nuggets-miami-herald/118336), but I'd be shocked if he holds off Pinckney for the season (or even very long at all).

Pinckney is a special LB when the lights come on.

Advertisement
Ima laugh so hard when Pinckney out there ballin all season & you Personal trainers that have been watching his every bite are going to be all shocked.

You guys are seriously crazy if you think any other LB at that spot will be starting throughout the season ahead of Pinckney.

Dude had 61tckls 7.5TFL's 2.5sacks 1INT & 2PD's last season but everyone has acted as if he's been demoted to 3rd string.

I get that yall think players are all supposed to have 8pack abs & look a certain way, but I promise he's going to make yall look ridiculous for doubting him & obsessing over his weight this season.
[TWEET]913904725606768645[/TWEET]
I recommend scrolling back through this thread for a great laugh, especially the stupid ****** comments from Svengali lol

Advertisement
Pinckney had 10 tackles, 1sack, 1TFL & 1INT
[MENTION=12945]The Svengali[/MENTION] eat some crow & hold this fat ****** L

Pinckney by far my favorite player on the team and it’s tine for his doubters to eat crow.

Advertisement
Watching the game last night and seeing Pink dominate with the best performance of the LB unit, I immmediately thought of this stupid thread bashing him. Dude is a beast pure and simple, and his heart and dedication should never be in question.

Advertisement
It's unfortunate that Smith hasn't played better. Significant drop off when he was in the game. We need the depth.

It's unfortunate that Smith hasn't played better. Significant drop off when he was in the game. We need the depth.

People were saying the same things about Owens and he had some nice plays yesterday.
Hopefully things will click for Smith soon too.

Advertisement
Back