Mike Smith/ Charles Perry

Skitz305

Redshirt Freshman
Defense started playing better and more disciplined when these came in the game, I must admit I had given up on Perry and Smith but they proved me wrong today.

Advertisement
Maybe you ******** should stop giving up on dudes if they’re not studs after a season or two.

Except Knowles. Get that dude out my face. Off the field. Out of the rotation. I’d rather watch more physically gifted freshman make freshman mistakes.

Perry had his best game in his career today. he should be starting over McCloud

Advertisement
IIRC Perry played well vs GT last year too. He's just good at holding his ground and chasing down the pitch man. Probably from his experience on offense as a RB in high school. He just understands it.

They cant play in space. You see them get exposed when they have to move around vs these spread teams.

Advertisement
Today is Mike Smith's birthday today, according to Manny Diaz on the post game. **** of a game on his birthday.

McCloud hasn't tackled for **** all year, and we're 5 games in now. It's definitely time to reevaluate his job as a starter.

McCloud hasn't tackled for **** all year, and we're 5 games in now. It's definitely time to reevaluate his job as a starter.

Had a big time sack today and that's the first play he's made all year. Pinckney likely done for awhile... not sure who could replace him.

Advertisement
McCloud has been a trainwreck so far this year but to his credit he played better in the second half. We are starting to build real depth fellas so stop worrying about why the coaches play who when. Charles Perry has earned playing time and if McCloud is a baller he will accept the competition. they are building a roster, the defense was lights out for the last 2 and half quarters of this game. GT didnt even have 300yds of offense. We are seeing actual player development.

They cant play in space. You see them get exposed when they have to move around vs these spread teams.

Mccloud is even worse

McCloud's tackling technique is HORRIBLE. Even when he finally made a play on the sack he grabbed the QB around the waist and was swinging him around.

He needs to go back to tackling school and learn that you stop a ball carrier when you stop his LEGS.

Smith and Perry definitely outplayed him today.

Advertisement
Defense started playing better and more disciplined when these came in the game, I must admit I had given up on Perry and Smith but they proved me wrong today.

Time to give credit to decent coaching, despite some hair brained play calling. How many Canes were given up as busts until this year? Langham (I remember some pretty mean things written about him last year), M. Jackson, Rosier, Berrios, Perry, Smith. All those criticisms seemed true as the team still felt the effects of the last regime, i.e. poor conditioning, poor mentality, poor fundamentals, and poor preparation. It took a year for the new staff to eliminate what Folden put in place. Now, we see that some of the losers are actually winners.

I thought Perry made some key plays too
He was good today. Also he stepped in right when McCloud was completely ******* us and really helped right the ship.

Clutch performance today (all things considered)

Seriously, who's next on the JAG list to show out?

Mccloud played better in the second half, after playing very poorly (again) in the first.

All of a sudden people on here aren't killing Mike Smith after some wanted him basically off the team. Why? Because context. He's a downhill guy. Different style game today.

We're going to need all these guys throughout the year. Hopefully, they can continue to improve their play in space. As for optics, they need help from their Safeties against spread sets, too.

Advertisement
Back