Mike Ryan/AD Update - 12/2

He will save them money.

That faction is too stupid to understand that he'll cost us money. Massive amounts of money. That there is NO jumping to exploitation of NIL or the transfer portal when it's established and widely accepted that your program sucks on the field and will continue to suck due to **** poor corching.

These cretins must really think that Manny's initial off-season successes will somehow continue when those happened when he was new. Now he's an established loser. See our current recruiting rankings. You don't get to fix this with NIL and transfer portal solutions when your coach is a joke.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That faction is too stupid to understand that he'll cost us money. Massive amounts of money. That there is NO jumping to exploitation of NIL or the transfer portal when its established and widely accepted that your program sucks on the field and will continue to suck due to **** poor corching.

These cretins must really think that Manny's initial off-season successes will somehow continue when those happened when he was new. Now he's an established loser. See our current recruiting rankings. You don't get to fix this with NIL and transfer portal solutions when your coach is a joke.
I'm with you bro. Paying a good coach 2 or 3 times the amount would def make the program money. Not sure how highly paid and highly educated people involved can't figure that out! My answer was simply what the powers that be think like.

Advertisement
Besides the absurdity of needing an additional week to sort the AD position, this last sentence is a little concerning, but I'll still take it if it means we're finally a perennial top 5 team in a few years.

The AD needs to have some control over football.

For instance, if Mario can't break through 10 wins and get into the playoffs because he doesn't pass the ball enough, or becomes too loyal to an assistant and that part of the team is the last thing needed to break from strong team to elite, then Mario needs to have someone talk straight to him with the slight threat that he needs to make changes, however, he will be looked to for those changes and not the AD or BOT's.

That last part is the only thing that makes my stomach a little funny. Accountability is needed at every level. That stated, I definitely believe that Mario needs, and will require, a lot of rope and latitude to build the program, which will include some pops of failure along the way.
It says David Samson is ok w it. Not anyone who matters.

that's not on miami itself. that's on the dudes trying to gain clout (YES MIKE RYAN THATS YOU). appreciate the news (real or not) but if he really cared and didn't want to hurt the situation if it is (please keep this **** quiet till my season ends which is what USC did with Riley and LSu with Kelly) then shut your. mouth and focus on bits.
Big O went full “the deal is done” mode yesterday.

But to be fair… if u look at the situation, it’s fairly obvious that something w Mario is going on, and likely fairly far down the road.

Yeah, I basically see it the way you just laid it out.

The main thing I'm getting at is - if Mario or any coach has a blindspot, the AD, sans firing the coach, should have a healthy push back to help guide the HC to healthy changes or at least really consider them. Again, what if there's a blindspot (ala, running a 185lber in the middle of 11 guys on 3rd and 1 and then the sequential 4th and 1, etc.).

The HC should have most, but not all the power and they need to have a system where healthy debate can happen. Often times whether it be football, politics, you name it, if you have an absolute ruler, and they have a blind spot or two, but they can be encouraged to fix those, well, you get it. At the end of the day, we want those things fixed. That's all.

Let the HC run things, but still be open to respectful correction by the AD.
The HC runs the football team. The staff is his choice, excluding budgetary considerations. The players are his choice, excluding any player violating university policies or failing academic requirements.

The HC is responsible if the team does not meet expectations (not those of fans, BTW) and make corrections, or is replaced.

Read between the lines. If Nunez was "not good enough" for Turnkey, and a P5 AD shark is swimming in the water but just below the surface, then it means that UM has not quite secured the AD that we want. And who knows what the reason is. Money? Timing? Maybe this P5 AD wants to know that Mario will definitely say yes before he says yes.

We are speculating here, but is fairly easy to narrow the options down by using logic. The artificiality of "but, but, but three weeks have passed" is just nonsense. While some people can find examples where an AD was hired quickly, it is just as easy to find examples of AD searches that took much longer than 2-3 weeks.

If a P5 AD shark is swimming around in the water, let's make sure we land him properly.

View attachment 164315
They also may not have started looking until last week, when the search firm was announced.

The bottom line is this timeline is not problematic if the goal is to get Mario. It also works for lane, which is who they really need.

Advertisement
The HC runs the football team. The staff is his choice, excluding budgetary considerations. The players are his choice, excluding any player violating university policies or failing academic requirements.

The HC is responsible if the team does not meet expectations (not those of fans, BTW) and make corrections, or is replaced.
The ability to fire gives the AD de facto power over the staph. We’ve seen it here before when Kehoe and soldy were fired

So is the AD going to fire Manny like they keep saying or will it be announced before then? Zero reason to keep Manny past the conf championship weekend if we have been given the ok from Mario. At least get that info out that he won't be returning.
I think the plan is for Mario Cristobal to personally fire Manny.

Right after he wins the Pac-12 championship, he’s gonna snatch the mic from whichever dumbass reporter is asking him post game questions & cut 15 minute long wrestling promo about how Manny Diaz is a dead man walking...

Then finally culminating with him firing him Vince McMahon style & then challenging Roman Reigns to a **** In The Cell match for the Universal Title belt.

Big O went full “the deal is done” mode yesterday.

But to be fair… if u look at the situation, it’s fairly obvious that something w Mario is going on, and likely fairly far down the road.
my read based on rumors and this ****?

we've known the new HC for a while now and its done. I do believe were getting Mario and I believe Zo is coming in some role. I believe they're telling ADs that this is the next football coach and you will be working with Zo. its the only explanation for Zo being on the sidelines after not being wanted by Blake and Manny and then also firing Blake who we know doesn't want Mario.

Right after he wins the Pac-12 championship, he’s gonna snatch the mic from whichever dumbass reporter is asking him post game questions & cut 15 minute long wrestling promo about how Manny Diaz is a dead man walking...

Then finally culminating with him firing him Vince McMahon style & then challenging Roman Reigns to a **** In The Cell match for the Universal Title belt.

I want Jenn Strawley to be forced to do it

Advertisement

Then he's going to send a message to all the recruits in America. It's going to be very similiar to to Suge's speech.
suge knight all in the video GIF

Last edited:

So you're basically saying... We Back?!

That faction is too stupid to understand that he'll cost us money. Massive amounts of money. That there is NO jumping to exploitation of NIL or the transfer portal when it's established and widely accepted that your program sucks on the field and will continue to suck due to **** poor corching.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Advertisement
The ability to fire gives the AD de facto power over the staph. We’ve seen it here before when Kehoe and soldy were fired
Yes, the AD can fire the HC. And the HC can try to save his job by replacing staff, like Coker firing Kehoe, Sol, Olsen and one other I forget. This can often fail (like Coker).

But this is not the same as selecting staff for a HC.

Hahaha. Love this idea. I'm also thinking that Bruce Feldman fires Manny via text alert Tweet. Then Luigi goes live on Fox's postgame Pac 12 Championship coverage and names Feldman AD AND new dean of the School of Communication.

Joel Klatt instantly criticizes the hire and says the School of Communication facilities are stuck in the 80's.

I want Jenn Strawley to be forced to do it
You know you inadvertently raise a good point. One rationale for not firing Manny after Blake was fired was supposedly that they don't have an AD to do it, and the BOT does not want to get involved with firing a coach. But Strawley is technically the interim AD. If they really wanted Manny out, she could do it.

Advertisement
Back