Mike Ryan/AD Update - 12/2

Advertisement
The timeline for athletic director is completely unacceptable if that's true. Mario is not going to come here without knowing who his boss will be. I was hoping for something by today or tomorrow. They need to pull the trigger already. I like Rudy Fernandez but if he was pushing Nunez then he lost credibility in my eyes. Thank God for turnkey overruling that. Turnkey is an excellent group actually. They concealed Lincoln Riley to USC perfectly. USC used them to land their whale. Let's hope the magic is here for us as well.

Read between the lines. If Nunez was "not good enough" for Turnkey, and a P5 AD shark is swimming in the water but just below the surface, then it means that UM has not quite secured the AD that we want. And who knows what the reason is. Money? Timing? Maybe this P5 AD wants to know that Mario will definitely say yes before he says yes.

We are speculating here, but is fairly easy to narrow the options down by using logic. The artificiality of "but, but, but three weeks have passed" is just nonsense. While some people can find examples where an AD was hired quickly, it is just as easy to find examples of AD searches that took much longer than 2-3 weeks.

If a P5 AD shark is swimming around in the water, let's make sure we land him properly.

View attachment 164315
this. also we can't be the same fanbase that clowned Blake for hiring Manny without a search and then ***** about the AD hire taking too long

Advertisement
If you listen to Bruce enough you know when he tips his hand.

I've felt Bruce knows Mario will take the job for a minute, considering how much he's skirted around Miami's AD search and Coaching situation. Bruce would have a lot more to say if he could...and it's not because he doesn't know.

Mike Ryan/Lebatard and David Samson discussed the following today:

- AD search likely to take another week (sigh)
- Feldman will probably be the person that will break Mario news
- Mike cares about accuracy with his info and wants to elevate the program.
- Firm is not leaking any names. Leaks are on Miami end. The firm has a lot of power due to Frenk relying on them heavily.
- Samson believes that Miami didn't need a search firm for this position but helps with the competing factions at play (Epstein crew vs Mas group)
- Frenk will make final call. Leaning heavily on Rudy Fernandez (#1) and Echevarria (#2).
- Epstein is toothless but is doing his best to make Miami look like a circus with his leaks and Epstein is pro Status quo.
- Rudy was team Nunez (Columbus crew preference) but search firm didn't give a favorable recommendation. He wasn't up to their standards.
-Eddie Nunez broke up with Miami before they could break up with him.
- Eddie Nunez overplayed his hand.
- Lemonis is anti Manny and anti search firm and anti Status Quo. Wants Mario here.
- Mario knows what can be done here especially if he has all of the support in place that he wants.
- Samson is ok with giving the power to Mario. It's the way college sports is headed. Whoever the AD is should just worry about the other sports and let Mario have the power on football.
So is the AD going to fire Manny like they keep saying or will it be announced before then? Zero reason to keep Manny past the conf championship weekend if we have been given the ok from Mario. At least get that info out that he won't be returning.

Advertisement
So it's an open secret that Mario is coming?

So much for keeping it on the DL until after tomorrow

This is a total ****show
Mike meant that if Mario comes or he doesn't come, Feldman will most likely have that scoop since Feldman and Mario are friends.

So is the AD going to fire Manny like they keep saying or will it be announced before then? Zero reason to keep Manny past the conf championship weekend if we have been given the ok from Mario. At least get that info out that he won't be returning.
that info in itself causes a **** storm for Mario and Oregon if its done before the game. now, if on Saturday they don't announce anything, then **** all these fake insiders.

Mike meant that if Mario comes or he doesn't come, Feldman will most likely have that scoop since Feldman and Mario are friends.
if we don't have the yes already from Mario, we may as well move on to Lane asap. these big boy coaching hires didn't happen overnight. they happened over time.

I know this is unpopular, but I'd much rather home run on the AD and deal with Manny for another year than miss on the AD. Don't get me wrong, I'd like both, but the AD is a decade long commitment to all sports. If the school was run in any sort of non terrible way I'd be confident for both.

Advertisement
College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

I know this is unpopular, but I'd much rather home run on the AD and deal with Manny for another year than miss on the AD. Don't get me wrong, I'd like both, but the AD is a decade long commitment to all sports. If the school was run in any sort of non terrible way I'd be confident for both.
If the AD hire gets us a guy like Riley (on his level and I don't think Mario is on Rileys level), then yes. if it gets us the same tier of candidates then we wasted 2 years of recruiting (1 year of an especially loaded portal) and TVDs final season

Advertisement
this. also we can't be the same fanbase that clowned Blake for hiring Manny without a search and then ***** about the AD hire taking too long

Absolutely correct.

"Seven hours - not enough time!"...

"Seven days - way too long!"...

"Hire a search firm and let it do its job!"...

"We don't need no stinkin' search firm!"...

mike Ryan has been insinuating for a while Mario is coming (he knew the agenda when he got boned by Utah).
yes, not disagreeing with anything whatsoever that you are saying. Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Feldman thing.

Advertisement
Back