Mike Harley has arrived for his Miami official visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wide receivers are good to have, but Miami needs SEC type offensive & defensive lineman. We can't win a national title with KC McFalse Start as our LT.

If we land Thomas, Smith, McFarland, Pouncey, & Dean, I'll still feel like we missed big time with the lineman. That's what wins you championships man.

Post of the year...trenches win championships. Every one of our OL would still be in the hospital today if we played Alabama the other night.

Advertisement
Thomas brown mentioned on Joe Rose a few weeks back, like two weeks ago, they had a couple of south florida silent commits. This is going to be interesting.

I really am at a loss in trying to figure out who they could be. Does anyone have any guesses? The only guys I know of that we are recruiting are Slaton, Herbert, Henderson, Edwards, Harley who are from SFL...any others?

It goes without saying that none of those I listed are likely silents...Maybe he counts Dean as SFL since he was originally from here.

"Geezus this dude is unreal. Im starting to dislike him now. You know what...**** it. Go to miami so youll quit your attention seeking ****. Tired of it. Like a **** girl."

Off the WVU 247 site. Hilarious. For once we can agree with those inbred hicks

A lot of other folks on there are just as tired of the drama.

Kid is ****ing off 2 fan bases simultaneously lol
That's what happens when an unproductive 3 star midget overplays his hand.

Thomas brown mentioned on Joe Rose a few weeks back, like two weeks ago, they had a couple of south florida silent commits. This is going to be interesting.

I really am at a loss in trying to figure out who they could be. Does anyone have any guesses? The only guys I know of that we are recruiting are Slaton, Herbert, Henderson, Edwards, Harley who are from SFL...any others?

It goes without saying that none of those I listed are likely silents...Maybe he counts Dean as SFL since he was originally from here.

Maybe he meant 2018 kids?

Ok. second source said he got word of something similar. Apparently Mike Harley "shutting down" was a way to get WVU to leave him alone. The staff didnt want the recruiting sites to keep saying he was coming, he was gonna flip, crystal ball to UM, etc because if WVU thought he completely shut down, they would leave him alone. He was ALWAYS taking the visit and our staff wanted to insure that WVU couldnt get in his head or interfere. It makes sense, i pointed out in past, he started followign Richt on twitter the day after the "shutting down" which means Richt could DM him during dead period. Hope this makes sense.Not saying he will come to us in the end but he apparently was NEVER shut down. Richt apparently knows how to maneuver better than Golden

Makes little to no sense since he lives in Broward? If he's McFarland doing that to the home school Maryland or Henderson doing that to Miami then I can understand. But for him to be slow-playing or trolling WVU? Makes no sense. He's not beholden to them in the least bit.

dude who said slow-play or trolling? can u read? it was a way to insure he GOT on campus for his OFFICIAL.

WVU was going to kidnap him to stop the visit? This is getting juicy.

No....no.....no.....It's Harley that is manipulating the entire recruiting world.
Ever hear the expression about someone "playing chess" while others are
"playing checkers"?
Well,Harley beat Bobby Fischer while getting a reach-around and haircut.
Thanks nycane for laying it out.

Advertisement

haha,, but actually though, he comin.

I don't know about LSU, but it seems like going to Bama would be a terrible choice for him as it relates to opportunities.

Fans say this, but if a kid doesn't pick Miami because they have too many players already at his position, you say he's scared of competition. But if a kid goes to a school where he might have to fight for playing time, he's dumb. Which one is it? You can't have it both ways.
Bama's offense doesn't even feature a wide receiver except for blocking. We saw how well Smith did when LaCounte threw him over a bench, it's not his strength. He's going to get hardly any balls thrown his way and have a number of guys ahead of him. Do you think that's a good situation for him?

Bama scheme alone should make every top wr not want to go there. And it all started because of Golden not wanting Amari. If we get Amari, Ridley never goes to bama to be then next AC.. Then Jeudy doesnt choose bama to follow ridley.

And LSUs offense isn't much better for wr recruits. **** at least Harley picked a school that features the type of WR he is heavily.

Wide receivers are good to have, but Miami needs SEC type offensive & defensive lineman. We can't win a national title with KC McFalse Start as our LT.

If we land Thomas, Smith, McFarland, Pouncey, & Dean, I'll still feel like we missed big time with the lineman. That's what wins you championships man.

You also need receivers. Yes, lineman are definitely more important on both sides of the ball. However, Clemson doesn't win the title without Mike Williams. You need to be strong at ALL positions.

Tell it like it is. These dudes got too filled up on that John Madden **** about you win in the trenches. That's true but you also gotta have the frisbee catching dogs if you want to win and the QB to throw it to them. You gotta be strong everywhere.

Post of the year...trenches win championships. Every one of our OL would still be in the hospital today if we played Alabama the other night.

You can include Kaaya in that group.
The Alabama D came into that game with bad intentions.
Clemson was good enough to weather the initial hit (literally), let the game settle out, and go from there.
We would not have recovered from that 1st quarter.

That's a possibility. Would be a bit anticlimactic if that is the case.

Advertisement

No. I heard the interview. He was talking about this class and South Florida. If anything, he misspoke about the South Florida part of it.

haha,, but actually though, he comin.

I don't know about LSU, but it seems like going to Bama would be a terrible choice for him as it relates to opportunities.

Fans say this, but if a kid doesn't pick Miami because they have too many players already at his position, you say he's scared of competition. But if a kid goes to a school where he might have to fight for playing time, he's dumb. Which one is it? You can't have it both ways.
Bama's offense doesn't even feature a wide receiver except for blocking. We saw how well Smith did when LaCounte threw him over a bench, it's not his strength. He's going to get hardly any balls thrown his way and have a number of guys ahead of him. Do you think that's a good situation for him?

Bama scheme alone should make every top wr not want to go there. And it all started because of Golden not wanting Amari. If we get Amari, Ridley never goes to bama to be then next AC.. Then Jeudy doesnt choose bama to follow ridley.

And LSUs offense isn't much better for wr recruits. **** at least Harley picked a school that features the type of WR he is heavily.

I was going to start a thread on this.

The Bama QB was limited as to what he can do throwing the ball, but he was Sabans choice in September. Saban saw him as the best guy to implement his game plan. Running the football.

Now Jeudy can sit back and watch AR, Thomas & Co. become one of the most lethal, UTILIZED, WR units in CFB.

No. I heard the interview. He was talking about this class and South Florida. If anything, he misspoke about the South Florida part of it.

Thanks, good to know. Well if we can take the SFL part of it out, my guesses would be McFarland and Dean. Certainly they qualify as a couple of solid commits.

You also need receivers. Yes, lineman are definitely more important on both sides of the ball. However, Clemson doesn't win the title without Mike Williams. You need to be strong at ALL positions.

Tell it like it is. These dudes got too filled up on that John Madden **** about you win in the trenches. That's true but you also gotta have the frisbee catching dogs if you want to win and the QB to throw it to them. You gotta be strong everywhere.

But what if one of the dogs is a Chiwawa?? Lol

Advertisement

We've had coaches saying the same thing about having silent commits every year.
It's probably a line coaches at other schools use as well.
It's kind of like someone at work telling his boss that the software fix he is working on is coming along
and will be delivered on time when he may not even started on it (familiar with this...lol).
Anyways, I wouldn't read much into that line.

The Bama QB was limited as to what he can do throwing the ball, but he was Sabans choice in September. Saban saw him as the best guy to implement his game plan. Running the football.

Now Jeudy can sit back and watch AR, Thomas & Co. become one of the most lethal, UTILIZED, WR units in CFB.

Another thread on this subject is exactly what we need

Advertisement

Another thread on this subject is exactly what we need

"was"
Gotta remember to check with you next time.
Do me a favor, refile the comment in it's appropriate location please.
Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJzNUydlQ4I

Last edited:

Yup. You need everything. Obviously, OL has 5 of your 22 (23%) starting positions, so it's your most important group. DL has 4/22 so it's your next most important group. But to win a championship, you need to be pretty strong everywhere.

Generally I agree - skill players are easier to come by whereas interior linemen are not. That said, we have struggled getting the former

nycane none of this makes sense to me because it implies that Harley has to take WVU's coach's calls, which he doesn't and neither does he have to allow them to visit. Either he wants to be a Cane or he wants to be a Mountaineer. There is nothing preventing him from committing to you UM AND shutting it down for real. It would in fact help WVU as they could then move on to their next options. In other words, he doesn't have to sneak to become a Cane. He's a south Florida kid, just commit already and let our coaches focus on Thomas, Smith, and Pouncey.

Ok. second source said he got word of something similar. Apparently Mike Harley "shutting down" was a way to get WVU to leave him alone. The staff didnt want the recruiting sites to keep saying he was coming, he was gonna flip, crystal ball to UM, etc because if WVU thought he completely shut down, they would leave him alone. He was ALWAYS taking the visit and our staff wanted to insure that WVU couldnt get in his head or interfere. It makes sense, i pointed out in past, he started followign Richt on twitter the day after the "shutting down" which means Richt could DM him during dead period. Hope this makes sense.Not saying he will come to us in the end but he apparently was NEVER shut down. Richt apparently knows how to maneuver better than Golden

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back