Mike Harley Decommits; Cane Lock?

His recruitment was disgraceful, IMO. If he becomes a CANE, he and his family should be thankful for Richt taking him into the CANES family, hopefully Richt and Co. will aid him to see life from a different prism and the kid matures and ballsout. I hate what the kid did and how he handled it, but I will forgive and hope he really performs, otherwise there will be no forget.

What did he do? Committed to the school that offered him first. Said things in support of the school he was committed to. Then before signing day a better offer comes on the table, and that being Miami. It looks like he's going to take it, what's the big deal?

Respect your opinion, do not agree. Compare his handling compared to most of the kids who are committing. I think my opinion is shared by many about S.Fla Diva's. The kid will be a CANE and I will pull for him to succeed. I am just not a fan of the way some kids handle their business as opposed to others.

A lot of our other commits were offered early. He was offered late. So, I can see his hesitation. Understand your opinion, just think we were late, I know you can't be early with everyone.

Advertisement
His recruitment was disgraceful, IMO. If he becomes a CANE, he and his family should be thankful for Richt taking him into the CANES family, hopefully Richt and Co. will aid him to see life from a different prism and the kid matures and ballsout. I hate what the kid did and how he handled it, but I will forgive and hope he really performs, otherwise there will be no forget.

What did he do? Committed to the school that offered him first. Said things in support of the school he was committed to. Then before signing day a better offer comes on the table, and that being Miami. It looks like he's going to take it, what's the big deal?

Respect your opinion, do not agree. Compare his handling compared to most of the kids who are committing. I think my opinion is shared by many about S.Fla Diva's. The kid will be a CANE and I will pull for him to succeed. I am just not a fan of the way some kids handle their business as opposed to others.

A lot of our other commits were offered early. He was offered late. So, I can see his hesitation. Understand your opinion, just think we were late, I know you can't be early with everyone.

When we've pulled in someone late and they have done basically everything Harley has there isn't thi kind of talk. Posters act jubilant and denigrate the school we took whomever from. That's a fact.

Advertisement
isnt 16 grimes? or did harley switch numbers for certain games? saw a handful of highlights for 16, too in that vid

I know grimes tore his ACL in the game against Bishop Gorman, so maybe Harley wore his number for a game or 2?

was wondering if that might have been the case. thanks

Yep, that's what happened.

The highlights where he's wearing #16 are against Boyd Anderson, whose entire defensive backfield is headed to the FBS.

For those blasting the posters that have criticized Harley's antics, honestly ask yourself these questions:

1. If the day before NSD, UFåg offers him a commitable offer, does he still choose Miami on NSD?
2. Are you confident he doesn't change his mind, yet AGAIN, before NSD?
3. Are you sure he may not flip right back to WVU?

The reasonable answer to all those questions, based on his past behavior, is NO! This guy could easily engage in more drama before NSD.

If he signs, then great, there's a reset, he gets the next couple of years to prove himself.

But this Harley outrage, calling out the reasonable mistrust of posters, is ghey as fūck, like people protesting the treatment of some chick that's been wronged.

I would be incredibly excited with a duo of Thomas and Harley. It's a skill set we've been sorely missing for years. Perhaps since Travis Benjamin. People talk about Phil Dorsett, and he definitely evolved while here, but these guys are short area quickness guys from jump. Meaningful college football games are won by little things like creating separation on 3rd and 5. These are the types of players who give you consistent chances to convert.

I would be incredibly excited with a duo of Thomas and Harley. It's a skill set we've been sorely missing for years. Perhaps since Travis Benjamin. People talk about Phil Dorsett, and he definitely evolved while here, but these guys are short area quickness guys from jump. Meaningful college football games are won by little things like creating separation on 3rd and 5. These are the types of players who give you consistent chances to convert.

This. Other than Berrios (who we didn't even use there last year) we don't really have a "true" slot WR on the team right now.

Advertisement
I'm going to continue to say this in my ten years of following recruiting and more extensively the past 7 years this **** isn't for the faint of heart you take everything with a grain of salt until February and let the dogs hunt if this kid wants in take him it's obvious we need speed and anyone of you guys who are to hurt to admit it hey he's kinda really fast and he looks to be coming here so shut up and enjoy him

They didn't pull his scholarship.

He told them he was not going there. WVU is trying to save face.

I'm personally more excited about landing him than having him play here.

He could become a solid contributor but I think the impact of landing a local commit who is well known in the community will help us out for the years to come.

Even though he played us a little he still (hopefully) knows who the home team is.

They didn't pull his scholarship.

He told them he was not going there. WVU is trying to save face.

Yes well , it was said last night after it happened . They gave him no way back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
For those blasting the posters that have criticized Harley's antics, honestly ask yourself these questions:

1. If the day before NSD, UFåg offers him a commitable offer, does he still choose Miami on NSD?

I absolutely think this is a real possibility. If he gets the UF offer, especially if his WVU recruiter goes to UF, I think he's gone.

The reasonable answer to all those questions, based on his past behavior, is NO! This guy could easily engage in more drama before NSD.

If he signs, then great, there's a reset, he gets the next couple of years to prove himself.

But this Harley outrage, calling out the reasonable mistrust of posters, is ghey as fūck, like people protesting the treatment of some chick that's been wronged.

We shall see what transpires.

Advertisement
I'm going to continue to say this in my ten years of following recruiting and more extensively the past 7 years this **** isn't for the faint of heart you take everything with a grain of salt until February and let the dogs hunt if this kid wants in take him it's obvious we need speed and anyone of you guys who are to hurt to admit it hey he's kinda really fast and he looks to be coming here so shut up and enjoy him

Latwaan Anderson Comin'

Advertisement
Back