Mike Harley’s mindset

Where do you see his value and what could he do to improve his stock?

I think he would be a really late (late late) draft pick this year. I think he can be a solid early-ish (R4/R5) Day 3 type if he can really take his game to the next level.

He's got to show he can make some contested catches...no one expects him to be a bulldog out there, but a little more toughness. Also, more games like NC State and Virginia to show the explosiveness and big plays are consistently there. If you look at Elijah Moore's tape...its just big plays all over the place. Would like to see that from Harley. If he can put together a full season like he did in the final 6 games of 2020, he's hitting his goals easily and he'll be Miami's all-time leading receiver. That's worth a draft pick.

I think he should be our primary guy back there on kick and punt returns, too. That versatility is important to NFL teams and I think he could be our best all-arounder.

Advertisement
yay! we have players who write down goals. this shouldn't impress us. it should be expected from a person motivated to be great. this university has fallen so far. beat Alabama
What exactly are you kvetching about?

I think you missed the point entirely. Harley is not the most naturally talented guy in the WR room but he's the most productive on the roster right now because of his commitment and dedication.

This picture of Mike Harley’s mirror (taken by Brevin Jordan) is an interesting insight into his mindset headed into the season:

All due respect, prove it.

Another year with some off-season motivational blah, blah, blah—usually followed by a letdown.

Hope he bucks the trend, but save the motivation for self—quit turning it into social media currency—talking about the hustle, the grind, the work being put in, etc.—so that fans stroke you off.

Do the work and transit it to the field this fall. Thanks.

All due respect, prove it.

Another year with some off-season motivational blah, blah, blah—usually followed by a letdown.

Hope he bucks the trend, but save the motivation for self—quit turning it into social media currency—talking about the hustle, the grind, the work being put in, etc.—so that fans stroke you off.

Do the work and transit it to the field this fall. Thanks.

The things posters on here so authoritatively decide players should and shouldn’t do makes me lol.

The self confidence you show when knowing with certainty what’s best is amazing.

Advertisement
I see a lot of CIS posters got their periods today. Our most productive WR who is within arms reach of breaking the all-time UM receiving record has listed personal goals for his final season - which he did not post himself to be narcissistic - and we are still ****ting on him.

If only we had 85 guys with a similar mindset...

The ***g0try in this thread is unrivaled. This kid had a great season last year and is looking to build on it. Why not applaud the kid instead of trying to crap on him? Everyone is frustrated with rooting for a program that has largely been a paper tiger for a generation, but why not get excited when a kid shows you that he's working to improve himself and the program?

Seems like a good dude that has been putting in the work since it clicked for him last season.

Hoping he crushes it this year and leads the WR room to greatness.

I think some (including myself) were funky about his recruiting and his old man or some ****, but much of recruiting banter is based on bull**** and unconfirmed information/opinions, much of which may not be 💯 true to the player.

Regardless of what you think of his recruitment or his father (I have no idea what happened there), the kid is a Cane and he seems to be giving it his all. He helped win games last year in a season that exceeded my expectations. I hope you reach all of your goals and help the team reach its goals, kid.

Advertisement
Lots of folks here missing the big picture--which is that finally, we have senior leaders on this team who are accountable, holding others accountable, and setting an example for the younger players who then pass it on and so forth and so on. This is how programs are built.

Advertisement
I'm not crapping on him. this is what the expectation SHOULD be. we've just been trash so long yall are making this seem like it's special behavior
And he's aiming to meet it after a breakout year so who ****ed in your apple jacks?

Advertisement
Love Harley! Nothing wrong w having his personal goals written so he knows the *** busting process he must attack to achieve them. He’s a huge team guy and a 100% Miami guy. Glad he’s there to mentor the rest of the room. Go get em Mike!!!🙌🙌🙌

I think he would be a really late (late late) draft pick this year. I think he can be a solid early-ish (R4/R5) Day 3 type if he can really take his game to the next level.

He's got to show he can make some contested catches...no one expects him to be a bulldog out there, but a little more toughness. Also, more games like NC State and Virginia to show the explosiveness and big plays are consistently there. If you look at Elijah Moore's tape...its just big plays all over the place. Would like to see that from Harley. If he can put together a full season like he did in the final 6 games of 2020, he's hitting his goals easily and he'll be Miami's all-time leading receiver. That's worth a draft pick.

I think he should be our primary guy back there on kick and punt returns, too. That versatility is important to NFL teams and I think he could be our best all-arounder.
Appreciate the detailed response!

Just a heads up for those of you unaware...he's 900 yards away from being our all-time leading receiver.

He's getting there.

I think he's a pro. I expect a big season.

Respectfully, that's a lot easier to do with a QB that's making 40+ passes a game. All those numbers are skewed based on our scheme. I really, really want to see Harley succeed (and Rambo et al.) . But he has a lot of work to do to be in the same category of top quality guys like Allen Hurns and Braxton Berrios, much less our legends. Get more separation, no more drops, win the jump balls.

Advertisement
Back