Mike Harley’s mindset

Advertisement
At least Pope gets upset and cares
Man I wanted Pope to do so well here. To me u can get him to produce at a four star level not that five star bs rating he had gotten. And everyone says they downgrade our recruits....pope got hyped but he's a four to three star kid IMO. But u can get something out of him if your core is talented he can be that move the sticks guy like Berrios was.

Miserable. Harley could be out feeding the homeless on his own dime and these fuggin cvnts would complain that he's not putting in the work on the field. I'd take that kid on my team any day.
Yea it's really weird.. They just can't forgive him for the 2 drops vs louisville or something? The dumb thing was even at that point he was productive for us and and at least half the board was calling for him to be benched. I think people just piled on. Anyway I like in the herald this morning how he's trying to mentor Pope and help salvage his career. I don't think it'll work but I like that he's doing it.

Advertisement
Could have hired a 17 year old freshman CB to throw him into the portal physically.
I never thought we'd ever see a Lance Leggett clone here but I think he's it. Every now and then he'll run by someone for a long TD and you'll think maybe it's turning around for him but then when you really need a catch in a crucial situation forget about it, and completely forget about it if it's contested at all.

I never thought we'd ever see a Lance Leggett clone here but I think he's it. Every now and then he'll run by someone for a long TD and you'll think maybe it's turning around for him but then when you really need a catch in a crucial situation forget about it, and completely forget about it if it's contested at all.
True on all that. He's softer than a diabetic's dyck.

Advertisement
This picture of Mike Harley’s mirror (taken by Brevin Jordan) is an interesting insight into his mindset headed into the season:

I like all his goals, but I don’t want him returning kicks, or punts! Let Breshard Smith and Curtis handle those duties!

Great comp.

Man I wanted Pope to do so well here. To me u can get him to produce at a four star level not that five star bs rating he had gotten. And everyone says they downgrade our recruits....pope got hyped but he's a four to three star kid IMO. But u can get something out of him if your core is talented he can be that move the sticks guy like Berrios was.
It’s going to be his breakout year....

(Again)

Advertisement

I was ecstatic when we got Pope. At Paradise, it was him, Jeudy and Devonta Smith putting on a show according to everyone. Some said he was a better receiver than Smith, only Jeudy was better. ... I mean, how can he have fallen that far? Total head scratcher to me.

Which is why I refuse to write him off. Harley underperformed his hype until last year, too. Then turned it on. Maybe Pope can have that type of turnaround season? One can hope. All I know is I'm glad Lashlee and Likens have options. And I hope the snap and pass counts are based on merit.

I was ecstatic when we got Pope. At Paradise, it was him, Jeudy and Devonta Smith putting on a show according to everyone. Some said he was a better receiver than Smith, only Jeudy was better. ... I mean, how can he have fallen that far? Total head scratcher to me.

Which is why I refuse to write him off. Harley underperformed his hype until last year, too. Then turned it on. Maybe Pope can have that type of turnaround season? One can hope. All I know is I'm glad Lashlee and Likens have options. And I hope the snap and pass counts are based on merit.
It was a bad eval period

Notice Saban rolled the red carpet for smith and Juedy he didn't give two shyts we got Pope. He never fought for him like he fought for Ahmon Richards. Pope is a 3 to 4 star type of cfb production

....Some said he was a better receiver than Smith, only Jeudy was better. ... I mean, how can he have fallen that far? Total head scratcher to me...

He hasn’t fallen because he wasn’t killing it in high school. All his so called “great” performances were 7 on 7 type performances. Camp performances.

I’m not saying he sucked in high school, but he doesn’t have a ton of high school stats that jump out of the page.

I don’t doubt that this guy kills it in shorts, I don’t doubt that he kills it in practice, but having seen him play on television and in person, he tightens up when the lights come on.

Advertisement
True on all that. He's softer than a diabetic's dyck.
Well, I learned something new today thanks to CIS. Looked it up online and apparently diabetes really will turn your dyck into cherry jell-o.

But at least that diabetic can pop a pill and get some work done. Wiggins is out of options. Outside of the fictional world of Oz, nobody is selling what that kid needs.

He hasn’t fallen because he wasn’t killing it in high school. All his so called “great” performances were 7 on 7 type performances. Camp performances.

I’m not saying he sucked in high school, but he doesn’t have a ton of high school stats that jump out of the page.

I don’t doubt that this guy kills it in shorts, I don’t doubt that he kills it in practice, but having seen him play on television and in person, he tightens up when the lights come on.
This is exactly why actual football coaches don't evaluate football players from 7 on 7. 7 on 7 is not football. Players don't have to wear equipment or worry about getting smashed in 7 on 7. The skill part is the same but you are missing important parts of the game. Pope and Wiggins might have similar skills to other players who are actually good football players but they stink in actual football.

Is this picture really a positive indicator for the program???? I dunno. 7th Floor Crew woulda had that text smeared all over the mirror. Just sayin'......

Advertisement
Back