Mike Bakas analysis of Davis

not high on this kid at all small and slow.....someoone said hes MW1 lmao MW1 a WAYY better back then this kid

Cam Davis is DEFINITELY NOT SMALL.... wtf you talking about? He's one of Miami's most physically impressive looking commits right now.... And he isn't slow either, watch the **** film

hes short and he he aint shifty....mark walton is well built but wayy quicker and shiftier. this kid look stiff. he aint cut out for d1.

Porst of the week. Congrats

Advertisement
I met bakas a long time ago at a tailgate. Cool dude... church kid or whatever. He offer's his opinion and just like anyone else's opinion you may agree or disagree with it. At least he's actually watched a lot of these guys in person instead of just copy catting some BS they heard or saw on the net.

I met some others guys on here too. Lmao.

He was on cooper first and he was tight we didnt offer ricardo allen whos in the league now doing good too. He knows football....just because hes on another site doesnt mean he doesnt know and everyone has an opinion and its good to look at other views of our commits.

Davis reminds me of Lamar Miller. Strong, breakaway speed, not the best contact balance or forward-lean. A lot of 1-2 yard runs followed by a 60 yard TD.

He's not as freakish as Miller but is a more polished receiver at this age.

Is he that fast [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]?

Miller speed?

Davis reminds me of Lamar Miller. Strong, breakaway speed, not the best contact balance or forward-lean. A lot of 1-2 yard runs followed by a 60 yard TD.

Miller speed?

I don't think he's that fast but he's faster than walton imo

Advertisement
Let's just say if he gets in the opening field, you won't be able to catch him and that's definitely fast enough

Miller speed?

Barely ran track, just a few races, and PR'd at 10.9 for the 100.

Kevin Austin, a WR a lot of people on here covet, has yet to break an 11.1-11.2, and he ran a bunch more track.

Cam is more than fast enough.

Like I said before, watch the film of him vs the best athletes in Dade and south Florida. He ain't outrunning 2A prep school choirboys. He's outrunning south Florida ballers.

Mike Bakas is full of shīt.

Miller speed?

Kevin Austin, a WR a lot of people on here covet, has yet to break an 11.1-11.2, and he ran a bunch more track.

Like I said before, watch the film of him vs the best athletes in Dade and south Florida. He ain't outrunning 2A prep school choirboys. He's outrunning south Florida ballers.

Austin ran a 10.98 as in the spring of 2016

I agree with putting Davis in the Mike James category.

He has a strong, powerful build with good speed. He doesn't have great top end speed, but definitely fast enough. I think his compact build limits his flexibility & cutting ability. He seems like a guy who is great in workouts, but mostly a straight line player on the field.

The weird thing is his stats were really good while Wright was hurt, and really bad when he and Wright played in the same backfield. I'm not sure if that coincidence, or if he's used differently when Wright is also playing, but Wright has definitely been the #1 guy over Davis the last 2 years.

Advertisement
not high on this kid at all small and slow.....someoone said hes MW1 lmao MW1 a WAYY better back then this kid

Cam Davis is DEFINITELY NOT SMALL.... wtf you talking about? He's one of Miami's most physically impressive looking commits right now.... And he isn't slow either, watch the **** film

hes short and he he aint shifty....mark walton is well built but wayy quicker and shiftier. this kid look stiff. he aint cut out for d1.

A troll by another name, is still a troll.

Miller speed?

Doesn't change my pint in the slightest, and KA couldn't get out of the 11.1 range this year. Cam is still faster

Miller speed?

Doesn't change my pint in the slightest, and KA couldn't get out of the 11.1 range this year. Cam is still faster

Agree

Miller speed?

Agree

if u guys say so......its hard to tell everytime for me when i watch HS film.......when he steps foot here ill know instantly after a few runs toward that sideline

Advertisement
Killa Cam split carries with Nayquan Wright last year who's a beast in his own right.

Anybody who questions Cam's ability, just go back & watch his performance throughout the playoffs.

Carol City literally won a State Title because Cam put them on his back & dominated in the playoffs against Mainland, Charlotte & Lake Gibson. (Also CC's Defense is great too)

Espeically against LG, when Marlon Smith struggled in the 1st half they had to put Lorenzo Floyd in, Cam took over the game in the 2nd half & lead them to win the 6A State Championship.

El - I've only seen highlights, so I'm wondering if you or someone who's actually watched the games can shed some light on this Cams stats when Wright is plays?

8 Games w Wright: 72 - 374 - 5.2 ypc - 1 TD (Carol City averaged 19 pts per game)
5 Games w/o Wright: 51 - 446 - 8.8 ypc - 12 TD (Carol City averaged 40 pts per game)

Davis and the Carol City offense seemed to play on a completely different level without Wright. 4 of the 5 games when Wright was out were playoff games, so it would seem with stronger opponents it would be opposite.

Is Davis is used differently (and maybe incorrectly) when Wright is also playing?

I'm not trying to up or hype knock either guy - just trying to find out what some reasons might be.

Killa Cam split carries with Nayquan Wright last year who's a beast in his own right.

Anybody who questions Cam's ability, just go back & watch his performance throughout the playoffs.

Carol City literally won a State Title because Cam put them on his back & dominated in the playoffs against Mainland, Charlotte & Lake Gibson. (Also CC's Defense is great too)

Espeically against LG, when Marlon Smith struggled in the 1st half they had to put Lorenzo Floyd in, Cam took over the game in the 2nd half & lead them to win the 6A State Championship.

El - I've only seen highlights, so I'm wondering if you or someone who's actually watched the games can shed some light on this Cams stats when Wright is plays?

8 Games w Wright: 72 - 374 - 5.2 ypc - 1 TD (Carol City averaged 19 pts per game)
5 Games w/o Wright: 51 - 446 - 8.8 ypc - 12 TD (Carol City averaged 40 pts per game)

Davis and the Carol City offense seemed to play on a completely different level without Wright. 4 of the 5 games when Wright was out were playoff games, so it would seem with stronger opponents it would be opposite.

Is Davis is used differently (and maybe incorrectly) when Wright is also playing?

I'm not trying to up or hype knock either guy - just trying to find out what some reasons might be.
When Wright has been out with injuries they give Cam the bulk of the carries & used him more as a traditional Back.

When Nayquan was healthy they would split carries & mostly use Wright as the goal-line RB, that's why Davis didn't have many TD's when Wright was playing because they would take him out & let Wright score because they use him as a Power Back.

They also would use Cam as a WR out of the backfield a lot more when Nayquan was healthy.

Stats don't tell the entire story, in fact, they don't tell any of the story, it's just numbers people can use to make arguments without knowing exactly what happened.

Also, CC's QB change from Floyd to Marlon Smith had a lot to do with it as well, Magic (Marlon) has a better arm than Floyd & when he came in they would air it out a lot more, Floyd had a few Deep passes, but he's more of a Running QB.

Plus, when CC would get a big lead their Defense would just pin their ears back & shut teams down in the 2nd half.

Advertisement
Bakas is still around?

God that d!ckhead is insufferable.

Bakas ought to change his name to BukakeCane

Can't put too much stock into Bukaki's evaluations. His vision is frequently obstructed.

588C1CED-DA26-43A0-953A-3DAD6B08ADA6-4004-0000029FFA01730B.jpg

Advertisement
Back